aussiewench

London Embassy Graduates Thread

542 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Kiki I swear I thought that maybe be question crashed the entire server, can I be anymore insane? Robinlake gave me a great idea about paypal, so I think I will just have Adam keep his UK bank account and link it to paypal so we can transfer funds between US and UK but that since I have the money now, I will just go to my bank and have them write an international money order to pay off his credit card. Then send it to Abbey in the UK and we should be done and dusted.
:P Estella, I have thoughts like that too sometimes! Regarding the other thing, I suggested a similar thing to what you talked about. I thought you could maybe make a bank draft in GBP and send it off to the credit card company/Abbey to pay it off in full, then there would be nothing else to worry about for it. Good to hear you have it sorted though. :yes:

We have an appointment at the Civil Surgeon this week, so we are hoping it will go smoothly. The closest one to us is 3+ hours drive away... :o

We are also waiting on my SSN which like Huffy, we applied through the manual verification as I wasn't in the system each time we checked. It is real difficult to do anything without it, so we are hoping it comes in the mail soon :whistle:

Kiki :star:

Eleven weeks from today, I'll be at the airport, waiting for Ewen.

:D

:dance: I bet you must have butterflies already!

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AP is one of the more important things in the process, IMHO. Esp. for someone who has kids back home that they would want to visit. My fiance hopes he gets his quickly as he has an elderly mom in the UK. I'm very surprised you didn't know about it.

SA4userbar.jpg

:)! That's fantastic news, Scotty, I hope you have a fantastic wedding day!

Kiki, I'll cross my fingers for you that your SSN will turn up soon. It was a total surprise for me to unlock our mailbox and to 1) see a letter addressed to me, and 2) see that it was from the Social Security Administration. I didn't think I'd see my SSN for a good few weeks yet. :)

Allison, I hope you can help your daughter understand that you won't be living in the UK anymore. But like everyone says, with AP it's not like you won't be able to visit her.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Awww Marie I just realized you and Adam are getting married 1 week after Paul and I!! (F)

Ain't love grand? (L)

Stacy :luv:

AND I think Huffy is getting married right in between our dates! I just finished stuffing all my wedding invites and will mail them all tomorrow. It all seems so adult and so dreamlike :luv:

In 12 days I will be picking up Adam at Newark and we will be together forever with no lengthy seperations. It just seems, like WOW.

Okay because I am going to have to send poor Adam to social security on his own about 2 weeks after he gets here (us Americans get no holiday time) he just brings the form from online, and his passport with all the visa and customs stuff stapled inside and then if they don't find him in the system THEY go about manual verification? Is there anything you have to do to help them with that, or is it just a different process for them?

I'm going to start moving house next week so I don't want to deal with any more paperwork after that :whistle:

Okay and this is totally random but do people think you are absolutely nutso crazy when you tell them you are marrying a Brit you met online? I have realized I am telling my pharmacist, my hair dresser and everyone under the sun that I'm getting married soon (I make myself want to barf) and the first thing they all say is "are you sure he just doesn't want a greencard?". I would think NYers would be more open-minded but I guess not!! After all this K1 and AOS hell I would think there are much easier ways for a brit to move to America!

Marie - NYC, USA

Adam - Birmingham/Manchester, UK

Stick a pony in me pocket!

I have realized I am telling my pharmacist, my hair dresser and everyone under the sun that I'm getting married soon (I make myself want to barf) and the first thing they all say is "are you sure he just doesn't want a greencard?". I would think NYers would be more open-minded but I guess not!! After all this K1 and AOS hell I would think there are much easier ways for a brit to move to America!

Yes, because life is SO terrible and hard in the UK, where the currency is actually worth more than the dollar... :rolleyes: So of course he's marrying you just for that green card!!! It's just THAT much better in the US. ;)

Timeline
Yes, because life is SO terrible and hard in the UK, where the currency is actually worth more than the dollar... :rolleyes: So of course he's marrying you just for that green card!!! It's just THAT much better in the US. ;)

Yes well it's all like a Dicken's novel where everyone grows up in a dark orphanage and has to beg for more gruel. Also another popular American misconception is that ALL british people live in London. There is just no other city in England. :lol:

Marie - NYC, USA

Timeline
:o

There's more to England than just London?

Shhhh don't tell. Gwen don't you have to be on the move in a few hours? Today is the big day! Good luck! :luv:

Marie - NYC, USA

Timeline
Neither of us can sleep given the jet lag and nerves...a great combination!

Well Gwen I can think of MUCH better things you two can be doing besides being on VJ :whistle:

Marie - NYC, USA

Okay and this is totally random but do people think you are absolutely nutso crazy when you tell them you are marrying a Brit you met online?

I live in a small town, and I thought people might be very judgemental about it, but they're not. Mostly they are curious about what he will do for a loving here, since the job market isn't the greatest. And everyone's always surprised that he won't be able to work right away. This is a military town, so there are a lot of mixed-nationality couples, maybe that's why people don't seem to have much of a problem with it? :huh:

(F)

45 days! :wub:

Current Journey - Naturalization

25 Jun 2012 - Filed N-400

28 Jun 2012 - NOA

03 Jul 2012 - Biometrics Letter

30 Jul 2012 - Fingerprints in St Louis, MO

02 Aug 2012 - Interview Notice for 11 Sept 2012 in Kansas City, MO

08 Aug 2012 - Letter stating interview has been cancelled

09 Aug 2012 - Interview Notice for 18 Sept 2012 in Springfield, MO

18 Sept 2012 - Approved! Oath ceremony 10/12/12

Filed: Timeline
Okay because I am going to have to send poor Adam to social security on his own about 2 weeks after he gets here (us Americans get no holiday time) he just brings the form from online, and his passport with all the visa and customs stuff stapled inside and then if they don't find him in the system THEY go about manual verification? Is there anything you have to do to help them with that, or is it just a different process for them?

Estella, we tried a few times and I wasn't in the "system". The lady told us to try the manual verfication so we agreed. We had just got married the day before! :blush: I took my passport, I-94, K1 visa, marriage certificate and my birth certificate. She filled a few things out on a screen (she seemed kinda baffled :unsure: ) and made me sign a form. Now the waiting begins... (actually we applied on January 19th). :whistle:

Kiki :star:

Yeah I know exactly what ya mean...I mailed out our invitations last week!

I am picking Paul up at the Memphis airport in 10 days!!! I am speechless! :luv:

After 3 years and 3 months of doin' the online thing with a few visits in between...it is beyond my realm that we are really getting married that he really got his visa and that he will never have to leave me again!!

Ne ways...Congrats to ya Marie and Adam...also Congrats Huffy!! :D the time is near FINALLY!

OH and yes ppl look at me crazy when I say I am marrying a Brit! lmao ...oh well :whistle:

Awww Marie I just realized you and Adam are getting married 1 week after Paul and I!! (F)

Ain't love grand? (L)

AND I think Huffy is getting married right in between our dates! I just finished stuffing all my wedding invites and will mail them all tomorrow. It all seems so adult and so dreamlike :luv:

In 12 days I will be picking up Adam at Newark and we will be together forever with no lengthy seperations. It just seems, like WOW.

I'm going to start moving house next week so I don't want to deal with any more paperwork after that :whistle:

Okay and this is totally random but do people think you are absolutely nutso crazy when you tell them you are marrying a Brit you met online? I have realized I am telling my pharmacist, my hair dresser and everyone under the sun that I'm getting married soon (I make myself want to barf) and the first thing they all say is "are you sure he just doesn't want a greencard?". I would think NYers would be more open-minded but I guess not!! After all this K1 and AOS hell I would think there are much easier ways for a brit to move to America!

Stacy (USA) & Paul (UK)

AOS Timeline

03/18/06 Our Wedding Day!

05/22/06 Sent off AOS/EAD package!

08/17/06 Rec'd EAD in the post!

11/08/06 Applied for AP via E-file.

12/26/06 Rec'd AP in post.

02/08/07 AOS interview - pending FBI name check.

06/30/07 Sent off EAD *renewal*!

09/04/07 Rec'd EAD in post.

11/07/07 Applied for AP *renewal* via E-file!

11/30/07 Rec'd AP in post.

04/11/08 Rec'd 10 YEAR GREENCARD!!!!!! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.