aussiewench

London Embassy Graduates Thread

542 posts in this topic

Yay for Rebecca and Wes :dance::D

Phew - I hope all the guides will be back soon too. I feel totally lost without them and we are just about to start assembling our AOS packet :o

Would anybody have a checklist for the AOS procedure like the guide that used to be posted?

Many thanks,

Kiki (F)

that has yet to be brought over, kiki ... i'm sure all the pinned topics and guides will get here eventually. ewok had to ensure the stability of the fourm before working on that stuff! :thumbs:

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

***Disclaimer: I'm having a rum&coke for the first time in quite awhile! Apologies in advance for mushiness!

:hehe:***

I just want to say Thanks for all the advice that I've received in this community over the past 6+ months. I really loved the 'London Interviews' thread, and I'm grateful for the 'London Graduates' thread as well. For whatever reason, I'm not popular here, I guess I haven't been around enough to be part of the 'in crowd'. But I do appreciate all the info available to me, and I like seeing familiar faces.

Danny and I are getting married toward the end of our 90-day window. We are looking forward to a break from the immigration b***sh** for a few weeks, but we will definitely need some advice for all the AOS stuff. I'm glad ya'll are here.

I'm a member of a 'Brits & Americans' group on another site, and I always recommend VJ to people who are interested in learning about bringing their SO to the US!

I wish the best of luck to everyone here. :)

(F)

'Can miles truly separate you from friends..? If you want to be with someone you love, aren't you already there?' ~Richard Bach

Current Journey - Naturalization

25 Jun 2012 - Filed N-400

28 Jun 2012 - NOA

03 Jul 2012 - Biometrics Letter

30 Jul 2012 - Fingerprints in St Louis, MO

02 Aug 2012 - Interview Notice for 11 Sept 2012 in Kansas City, MO

08 Aug 2012 - Letter stating interview has been cancelled

09 Aug 2012 - Interview Notice for 18 Sept 2012 in Springfield, MO

18 Sept 2012 - Approved! Oath ceremony 10/12/12

this site is really useful for anyone going through this process ... it's hard to talk to our families and friends who just really can't relate (no matter how hard they try) when we try to explain what we are going through. we all have our own sob story .. noone's better (or worse) than the other's!

try and remember that this site is not a popularity contest and there is no 'in crowd' ... there are certainly friendships that have formed through this site and you get to 'know' people from their posting habits!

start posting enough and you'll be an addict like the rest of us!! :lol: glad you're here and i wish you a speedy journey!!! :thumbs::luv:

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

Rosie - I think its just a case of members getting to know each other if they post on here alot. I think it's then natural for them to acknowledge those they know better than others.

Everyone is very welcome here, we all have something to add for the benefit of others.

Sarah

Filed: Other Timeline
Rosie - I think its just a case of members getting to know each other if they post on here alot. I think it's then natural for them to acknowledge those they know better than others.

Everyone is very welcome here, we all have something to add for the benefit of others.

Sarah

I agree with Sarah. Just takes time for people to get to know you! Heck, I like ya!

Glad to read the news, becca! And it also probably proves that the chart is wrong in terms of timelines (as long suspected).

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Yay for Rebecca and Wes :dance::D

Phew - I hope all the guides will be back soon too. I feel totally lost without them and we are just about to start assembling our AOS packet :o

Would anybody have a checklist for the AOS procedure like the guide that used to be posted?

Many thanks,

Kiki (F)

that has yet to be brought over, kiki ... i'm sure all the pinned topics and guides will get here eventually. ewok had to ensure the stability of the fourm before working on that stuff! :thumbs:

Thank you gimygirl :yes: I hope so, it is incredible how invaluable this site and all the generous and caring people have been to us :luv:

And welcome Rosie :P

Kiki :star:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Congratulations Rebecca and Wes! That is amazing. First the EAD comes through and now the interview. I never believe those timelines to be honest. I think they just set expectations for worst case scenarios. I bet your packet was all perfect with those tabs on the bottom and two hole punched at the top and was a breeze for them to enter. B)

Congrats again! :dance:

Marie - NYC, USA

Adam - Birmingham/Manchester, UK

Stick a pony in me pocket!

Filed: Timeline

I bet your packet ......those tabs on the bottom and two hole punched at the top....

*covers my eyes*

Do my job skills really show THAT much on here?

Hmmm....If I'm that good, I need a raise.....

:lol:

Good luck Rebecca and Wes, though I'm sure it will be a breeze for you! :yes:

Estella, I hope you got the other thing sorted...I posted a few suggestions for you but I think they got lost in the "crash"... (F)

OMFG Becca and Wes!!! I wasn't home yesterday til late lastnite and I missed all the good stuff!! LOL Ne ways I am happy for yall!

*hugs*

Stacy and Paul

Stacy (USA) & Paul (UK)

AOS Timeline

03/18/06 Our Wedding Day!

05/22/06 Sent off AOS/EAD package!

08/17/06 Rec'd EAD in the post!

11/08/06 Applied for AP via E-file.

12/26/06 Rec'd AP in post.

02/08/07 AOS interview - pending FBI name check.

06/30/07 Sent off EAD *renewal*!

09/04/07 Rec'd EAD in post.

11/07/07 Applied for AP *renewal* via E-file!

11/30/07 Rec'd AP in post.

04/11/08 Rec'd 10 YEAR GREENCARD!!!!!! :)

Wow, sorry for getting all emo in here last night! Thanks for indulging me and not treating me like the freak I am at times. :P I'm sure ya'll understand how lonely one gets after months away from your SO. :blush: Anyway, carry on, don't mind me. :whistle:

(F)

46 days! :wub:

Current Journey - Naturalization

25 Jun 2012 - Filed N-400

28 Jun 2012 - NOA

03 Jul 2012 - Biometrics Letter

30 Jul 2012 - Fingerprints in St Louis, MO

02 Aug 2012 - Interview Notice for 11 Sept 2012 in Kansas City, MO

08 Aug 2012 - Letter stating interview has been cancelled

09 Aug 2012 - Interview Notice for 18 Sept 2012 in Springfield, MO

18 Sept 2012 - Approved! Oath ceremony 10/12/12

hooray for wes and rebecca!! :dance: :dance:

that's really excellent news!! Congratulations!

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

Click here to view our webpage!

jt179g.jpg

AOS Approved!! icon_woohoo.gif

Apply to remove conditions August 13, 2008!

Click here for our complete Immigration Timeline

2uhvevm.gif

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."--Author Unknown

Yay! So I got my first piece of mail here in the US today. And even more excitingly, it was my SSN! And looking at the date on the envelope it only took them a week to manually verify me. :) So happy. Now I can get things moving, finally. :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.