aussiewench

London Embassy Graduates Thread

542 posts in this topic

Glad to hear you're both settling down together. :thumbs:

I guess I got super lucky. It was only $15 for my I-693A to be filled out, and a sum total of $30, with my three injections. Two of which I didn't strictly need. But hey, I'm never going to get the chance for $5 injections again over here.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Three Seperate packets? Ahhhhh blah. :crying: But I'll do it anyway, and have three tables of contents too! Thanks so much everyone!!! I'm almost done!

So the G-325A just gets attached to the EAD, and the other petitions just get whatever proof they ask for Im assuming?

Our vaccination story was a nightmare. You would think in NY that there would be tons of civil surgeons, and on the USCIS page it shows there are. But we called about twenty who all denied being civil surgeons and rudely hung up on us. Finally had to trek to some place called "Green Card Medical Exams" figuring if they couldn't do it no one could. Cost $60 then another $60 for another MMR jab they said Adam didn't get at Nuffield and was not listed on the Embassy site as being required. I don't quite believe them on that, but it was just easier to suck it up and pay and be done with it.

Oh that got put in a fancy "do not open" packet. That packet just goes in with the EAD application right? If I can't two hole punch and tab something, I get worried :lol:

Marie - NYC, USA

Adam - Birmingham/Manchester, UK

Stick a pony in me pocket!

Filed: Timeline

Hello Estella! :D Just to back up what everyone else said, we made two complete files and initially sent them all off to Chicago - one for my AOS and one for my EAD. (I didn't apply for AP but wish I had now :( ). We included normal checks to pay and clipped them on the front of the whole package so they were the first things to be seen! Remember to include the check for biometrics too. (AOS $365, EAD $180, Biometrics $70). Double check on the USCIS page to ensure all the prices are still the same :P

Regarding the Civil Surgeon, we had to phone around and find one too - some on the list had no idea what we were talking about when we told them about the K1 visa. We found one 3 hours drive away and just made a day trip out of it. It didn't cost us much, $25 I think. They gave me the original vaccination Supplement n a sealed "do not open" envelope. I folded it in half and put it in a zip loc bag which I sealed, stapled to a piece of paper, then hole punched with the rest of the application.

Once you have the AOS etc sent off, you can sit back and relax! :whistle:

Hope this helps some :D

Kiki (F)

Timeline

Ohh that's what Im talking about! If you cant two hole punch it, then it's worth ####### :lol: .

Crafty idea Kiki, I will unearth the Ziplocs and labels from my fiance petition!

The 485 fee is $325 not $365! I think!!! That's what it says on the USCIS site so Im stickin to it!

Thanks everyone for all your help. You all rock!

So on a lighter note, if anyone lives in Southern Virginia near Virginia Beach or Norfolk, there is a great Scottish pub there called Pints and Pipes, in the Williamsburg area. They make a shepherds pie to die for and all kinds of goodies. Have I mentioned my husband has turned me into a steak and ale pie addict? Oh and custard...yummmm :luv:

Marie - NYC, USA

Yes, you are right about the fee - i was just too lazy to go look it up! :lol:

Oh yes, i did the same thing with my passport photos. On a new page, I printed out my name, what the pics were for etc..on the same page, I also included a scan of the bill from the photo center to show they were current. Then I put the photos in the little holders that came with them, put them in a zip loc and stapled them to the page. Then hole punched them, and put them in place. Ingenious!! I'm so glad my PhD is coming into good use! :lol::P

So on a lighter note, if anyone lives in Southern Virginia near Virginia Beach or Norfolk, there is a great Scottish pub there called Pints and Pipes, in the Williamsburg area. They make a shepherds pie to die for and all kinds of goodies. Have I mentioned my husband has turned me into a steak and ale pie addict? Oh and custard...yummmm

Umm, have you tried bananas in the custard yet, then leaving it to set in the fridge? Ohh....Have you ever had the Fray Bentos pies - steak and kidney (ohh) and chicken and mushroom....ahhh...with mashed potatoes and gravy, delicious! Sheperd's Pie was the first thing I made in cooking class at school! Yummy, especially with a bit of grated cheddar on top to make the potatoes crunchy.... :P

We spent last Xmas in England with my parents and one day whilst we were shopping, I took my husband to a Cornish Pasty shop. He was drooling! It was a freezing day and the pasty was piping hot....a very nice memory!

Edited by KikiDoug

Timeline

Okay I HAVE to get food now Im starving.

Oh bananas and custard are perfection. I havent put them in the fridge yet to chill, just dumped hot custard on and VOILA! Custard makes anything taste good.

OKay one more AOS question and then I promise no more (really I do!). Now that I am sending in three packets, the EAD and AP ask for just one or two evidential documents, while the I-485 asks for everything. I am afriad that just giving the two photos and a copy of the I-94 front and back for something is just not going to cut it, despite the forms saying its all they need. Would it be foolish to include EVERYTHING (marriage and birth certs, NOA2, etc...) in ALL the packets, or is that just sending too much info?

Marie - NYC, USA

Filed: Other Timeline

I posted this in the AOS forum for Liam last week. I don't know if he saw it or not....he seems to never come back to his threads. Maybe it will be useful to some of you. This is the info we sent and we received no RFE's.

AOS

Check $395.

Form I-485

Copy of passport, including biographical and entry pages.

Copy of K-1 from passport and entry page.

Copy of I-94 (front and back).

Copy of NOA2 from K1.

Copy of birth certificate.

Certified copy of birth certificate.

Certified copy of marriage certificate.

Certified copy of wife's divorce decree.

2 passport photos.

Form G-325A.

Form DS-3025 (vac worksheet)

Form I-693A (vac supplement)

EAD:

Check $180

Form I-765

2 passport photos

Copy of K-1 Visa and entry page

Copy of Form I-94 (front and back)

Copy of form I-485 (to prove concurrent filing)

AP

Check $170

Form I-131

Copy of passport including ID page and entry pages

Copy of K-1 from passport and entry pages

Copy of NOA2 from K-1

Copy of I-94 from K-1 entry (front and back)

2 passport photos

Copy of I-485 (to prove concurrent filing)

You will notice that we sent certified original copies of Wes birth cert, our marriage certificate and my divorce decree, rather than photocopies of them. I believe this goes against the grain of common wisdom on VJ to send originals of these documents as sometimes they get 'lost' and if you need new ones at the interview, you will be screwed. However we had several certified originals so we chose to do it this way.

Of course the Affidavit of Support goes with the AOS package. I didn't list it.

Timeline

Thanks SO much Rebecca this is beyond helpful!!

Can you just include the bio page from the passport? Do they need to know he went to Lithuania last year, or some such entry stamp? This is just me being lazy since I didnt copy any of the entries.

And I will sound stupid saying this but....DS-3025 what? This is the first time I've heard of it....sigh :crying:

Marie - NYC, USA

Timeline

one more thing...I know Im impossible....so we dont have to write a seperate letter about why Adam qualifies for AP? I did this already but can scrap it...

Marie - NYC, USA

That's a GREAT list, Rebecca--thanks. :thumbs:

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I won't be applying for AP cause it will be a struggle to get money together as it is to get a ticket for us all to go back to England, so I will have to wait until after Christmas to see my family and my daughter. However, I will see her on webcam. :) Thanks for info rebeccajo, I know you've helped me out with it but sure does come in handy although I'm reading through it over and over again. :D

Alison.

Edited by Alison

Alison West Midlands (England) and Scott Michigan (USA)

05/31/03 Met Online.

07/03 Fell in love

08/24/03 I visit Scott for first time and got engaged :)

02/04 Scott came to England for first tme

04/20/04 My son and I went to visit Scott

08/10/04 Both children came with me to visit Scott.

12/21/04 Scott came for Christmas

03/01/05 My son and I went to visit

06/19/05 Last UK holiday

12/05 Scott is coming to spend Christmas again

06/28/05 I-129F package received at Nebraska Centre.

07/05/05 Scott's received first NOA.

09/01/05 NOA2 was mailled

09/02/05 NOA2 approved in email

09/08/05 Approved case sent to Department of State for visa processing

09/23/05 Email Confirmation of Case Number from NVC

09/26/05 Scott received Letter with case number from NVC

10/03/05 Booked Medical for 31st October at 11.10am

10/03/05 Received Packets 3 from Embassy

10/11/05 Sent Packet 3 To Embassy

11/10/05 Packet 3 and Checklist completed by Visa Branch

11/23/05 Email of interview date and also Packet 4 arrived

12/20/05 Scott comes over for two weeks

12/21/05 Interview at 11.00am, Approved

12/23/05 Received vias's in the post

01/04/06 Scott goes home :(

05/18/06 Emigrate to Michigan

07/15/06 Getting married

Just a note to say "hi" to you all!

Well...we're still waiting to hear something about an interview date :whistle: or my EAD .... :whistle:

So, what have I been doing to keep myself busy in this interim period?! :P I've been really busy in the house, unpacking, hanging pictures, cleaning, organising. It's looking pretty cute actually and we are now starting to landscape the garden. Definitely lots to do there! It's coming along though... (F)

Also, I now have the time to spend doing some painting and drawing. I never had the time when I was working so I'm making the most of it now! I'm hoping to find work ASAP when my EAD arrives though... :yes:

Please feel free to check out my art Blog page. Actually, it is the first time I've dabbled in web page thingies, so it's not brilliant. All feedback and requests very welcome!

Kiki :D

http://theroorules.blogspot.com/ :D

Edited by KikiDoug

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.