newbieUS

NBI, CeNoMar & Pay stubs

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone! I'm a bit confused what to write down when getting my NBI clearance (purpose section) ; USA VISA or TRAVEL ABROAD? And also how many certified copies of my CENOMAR should l get from the NSO? And regarding my fiance's pay stubs, does he need to gather all his pay stubs from January 2014 up to October 2014? Thank you in advance! :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone! I'm a bit confused what to write down when getting my NBI clearance (purpose section) ; USA VISA or TRAVEL ABROAD? And also how many certified copies of my CENOMAR should l get from the NSO? And regarding my fiance's pay stubs, does he need to gather all his pay stubs from January 2014 up to October 2014? Thank you in advance! :)

TRAVEL ABROAD.

d. NBI CLEARANCE (Green Form). Applicants aged 16 years and older must have a valid Record
Clearance (for travel abroad purposes) from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). Clearances should
be in the applicant’s current name, birth certificate name, maiden name and any aliases or nicknames used,
including different spellings you have used of those names. An official letter of explanation from the
NBI is required for any notation of “No criminal record” or "No pending case”. For immigration
purposes, an NBI clearance is valid for one (1) year from the date it was issued. The NBI website is

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/packets/K1%20and%20K2%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_updated%2010%20SEP%202014_.pdf

If you attend CFO before the interview just one, if you attend CFO after the interview two.

Just a few copies of the pay stubs. What the embassy really wants to see is a copy of his most recent tax return and W-2.

For more details follow the flashing arrow below, then click the link

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hi! I put Travel Abroad for mine.

TRAVEL ABROAD.

d. NBI CLEARANCE (Green Form). Applicants aged 16 years and older must have a valid Record
Clearance (for travel abroad purposes) from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). Clearances should
be in the applicant’s current name, birth certificate name, maiden name and any aliases or nicknames used,
including different spellings you have used of those names. An official letter of explanation from the
NBI is required for any notation of “No criminal record” or "No pending case”. For immigration
purposes, an NBI clearance is valid for one (1) year from the date it was issued. The NBI website is

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/packets/K1%20and%20K2%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_updated%2010%20SEP%202014_.pdf

If you attend CFO before the interview just one, if you attend CFO after the interview two.

Just a few copies of the pay stubs. What the embassy really wants to see is a copy of his most recent tax return and W-2.

For more details follow the flashing arrow below, then click the link

Hi, Hank! Are you referring to the CENOMAR for the CFO before and after the interview? Can you explain why you would need one if you attend CFO before the interview and two if you attend it after the interview? Thank you! :)

Our K1 Visa Journey (L)

September 22, 2014: I-129F Packet sent via USPS Express Mail

September 24, 2014: I-129F received by USCIS

September 26, 2014: NOA1 received via email and text

October 3, 2014: NOA1 hardcopy received and Alien Registration number changed

October 23, 2014: NOA2 APPROVED!!!

October 28, 2014: NOA2 hardcopy received

November 6, 2014: NVC received and case number assigned

November 13, 2014: CEAC status "In Transit" (I was so happy to see it changed from "At NVC" to this status!)

November 14, 2014: CEAC status "Ready"

November 25 and 26, 2014: SLEC Medical Exam

December 10, 2014: Interview- APPROVED!!!

December 10, 2014: CEAC status "Ready"

December 15, 2014: CEAC status "AP"

December 17, 2014: CEAC status "ISSUED"

December 20, 2014: Received a text from 2GO that passport is ready for pickup

December 22, 2014: VISA IN HAND! (Exactly 3 months after sending our I-129F petition)

January 22, 2015: POE

March 14, 2015: OUR WEDDING DAY (L)(L) (L)

AOS

April 15, 2015: Filed AOS/EAD/AP

April 16, 2015: Package delivered and signed for (Day 1)

April 20, 2015: NOA1 received via email and text (Day 5)

April 25, 2015: NOA1 hardcopies received (Day 10)

May 2, 2015: Biometrics notice received (Day 17)

May 13, 2015: Biometrics completed (Day 28)

June 29, 2015: AP approved (Day 75)

June 30, 2015: EAD approved (Day 76)

July 3, 2015: Case status was updated online (reflecting the approval of EAD/AP) (Day 79)

July 6, 2015: EAD approval received in the mail (Day 82)

July 17, 2015: Combo card received-17 days from approval (Day 93)

July 29, 2015: Notice of Potential Interview Waiver letter received in the mail (Day 105)

September 24, 2015: Green card received!!! Yay! (Day 162)

Timeline

Hi! I put Travel Abroad for mine.

Hi, Hank! Are you referring to the CENOMAR for the CFO before and after the interview? Can you explain why you would need one if you attend CFO before the interview and two if you attend it after the interview? Thank you! :)

Sorry I was too vague there, my :oops: yes I was talking the CENOMAR for CFO. Why one versus two; CFO wants to see an original of the CENOMAR but only keeps a copy, and the embassy will keep the original CENOMAR you give them, so there is the reasoning. Details on CFO in my link below (flashing arrow... yada yada)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Sorry I was too vague there, my :oops: yes I was talking the CENOMAR for CFO. Why one versus two; CFO wants to see an original of the CENOMAR but only keeps a copy, and the embassy will keep the original CENOMAR you give them, so there is the reasoning. Details on CFO in my link below (flashing arrow... yada yada)

No problem! Thank you! :) Will the CENOMAR be needed again in the future, like for AOS or is it only needed for the K1 visa process?

Our K1 Visa Journey (L)

November 13, 2014: CEAC status "In Transit" (I was so happy to see it changed from "At NVC" to this status!)

December 22, 2014: VISA IN HAND! (Exactly 3 months after sending our I-129F petition)

AOS

July 3, 2015: Case status was updated online (reflecting the approval of EAD/AP) (Day 79)

July 29, 2015: Notice of Potential Interview Waiver letter received in the mail (Day 105)

All right, good to know. Thanks! :)

Our K1 Visa Journey (L)

AOS

Timeline

I am dead meat! What is printed on my NBI clearance under Purpose is "VISA USA." Shall I change this? My K1 Visa interview is on November 3, 2014. :(

NO, as long as it is the green version of the form you are fine, quite often when NBI knows you are applying for a visa they print that on the form instead of for TRAVEL ABROAD.

Per the embassy instructions letter (slow down and read the embassy instructions letter):

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nope, only the embassy and CFO want to see the CENOMAR. Not needed for AOS

Question. What is the "CFO"? 2nd, we were married in the Philippines back in March of 2013. I can't remember now if I had to get a CENOMAR, or my wife, or both of us. I was previously married, but she wasn't. Is this required for her i130 CR1 immigration interview?

The NVC is sending the package as of last Friday (10/24/14). Where can I get a checklist of things that I'll need for our interview? Anything else I should know?

I just sent an email to the Consulate in Manila asking for a specific week to interview. Since I work for the Los Angeles Fire Dept, we are only allowed to take vacations at certain times due to staffing issues. I hope they'll be able to accommodate us with a specific week (week of 11/24/14 Thanksgiving).

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated =))

Filed: Timeline

NO, as long as it is the green version of the form you are fine, quite often when NBI knows you are applying for a visa they print that on the form instead of for TRAVEL ABROAD.

Per the embassy instructions letter (slow down and read the embassy instructions letter):

Hank - One of my nephews is turning 16 in January 2015, their interview date is scheduled for Nov. 24, would you advise that he gets an NBI clearance as well? Or does NBI only issue clearance for those above 16 years old? Thanks.

Timeline

Question. What is the "CFO"? 2nd, we were married in the Philippines back in March of 2013. I can't remember now if I had to get a CENOMAR, or my wife, or both of us. I was previously married, but she wasn't. Is this required for her i130 CR1 immigration interview?

The NVC is sending the package as of last Friday (10/24/14). Where can I get a checklist of things that I'll need for our interview? Anything else I should know?

I just sent an email to the Consulate in Manila asking for a specific week to interview. Since I work for the Los Angeles Fire Dept, we are only allowed to take vacations at certain times due to staffing issues. I hope they'll be able to accommodate us with a specific week (week of 11/24/14 Thanksgiving).

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated =))

CFO is a required seminar for exiting immigrants, if your wife renewed her passport in her married name she already completed this and need only present the certificate from that event at CFO to get the sticker in her passport once the visa is issued. If her passport is still in her maiden name she will need to attend before flying out. http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

CENOMAR is a certificate of no marriage, I am sure your wife presented one to get married. Your wife will need a CEMAR (certificate of marriage) from NSO for the interview at the embassy.

NVC contacts the embassy to schedule the interview, not sure your emailing the embassy will accomplish anything regarding appointment scheduling.

Here is the embassy instructions letter for the immigrant interview, even if you sent documents listed in the letter to NVC you will need to provide them to the embassy as well.

Hank - One of my nephews is turning 16 in January 2015, their interview date is scheduled for Nov. 24, would you advise that he gets an NBI clearance as well? Or does NBI only issue clearance for those above 16 years old? Thanks.

Under 16 at the time of the interview.. NBI is not needed.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Timeline

Under 16 at the time of the interview.. NBI is not needed.

This whole NBI clearance requirement is a bit unsettling. Does the statement below mean that all married women should apply for NBI clearance under their married, maiden and nicknames, and those names should be clearly written on the clearance form?

Clearances should be in the applicant’s current name, birth certificate name, maiden name and any aliases or nicknames used, including different spellings you have used of those names

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.