Pinocchio Liberal

LMAO so true.

10 posts in this topic

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Good to see Archie again! As ignorant and bigoted as he was, now and then he'd come up with a nugget of truth. Too bad we didn't continue the energy policies begun under the Carter administration. We'd be a lot closer to independence from the middle east mess.

Edited by Rich and Wen

Good to see Archie again! As ignorant and bigoted as he was, now and then he'd come up with a nugget of truth. Too bad we didn't continue the energy policies begun under the Carter administration. We'd be a lot closer to independence from the middle east mess.

Ah the fond memories of that 55MPH speed limit on those long deserted stretches of I-16

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Ah the fond memories of that 55MPH speed limit on those long deserted stretches of I-16

I had to go look up I-16 to see where it was!

I was actually thinking of energy conservation such as insulating homes and businesses, as well as the CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) which we are only now getting back to.

Maybe if car manufacturers had tried innovating then, instead of spending all their efforts to gut the law, Americans wouldn't have turned to imports (from places where fuel prices were much higher) with such a vengeance in the 80's and 90's. And we wouldn't have been so beholden to the Middle East, with all the resulting disruptions that brought.

Cars get pretty good mileage now, don't they? And still the limit is 70-75 in places. 65 almost everywhere else.

I had to go look up I-16 to see where it was!

I was actually thinking of energy conservation such as insulating homes and businesses, as well as the CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) which we are only now getting back to.

Maybe if car manufacturers had tried innovating then, instead of spending all their efforts to gut the law, Americans wouldn't have turned to imports (from places where fuel prices were much higher) with such a vengeance in the 80's and 90's. And we wouldn't have been so beholden to the Middle East, with all the resulting disruptions that brought.

Cars get pretty good mileage now, don't they? And still the limit is 70-75 in places. 65 almost everywhere else.

Yup I even had a Prius. It was a great car. Heck even my 415 HP Mustang gets 21 MPG now. I think part of the reason we turned overseas was Detroit was building #######