zinger143

Conflicting instructions after NOA2, help!?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

I have a question about the new process with the visa. So I have the NOA2 and it says my case will be processed and within two to four weeks and sent to the embassy. The NOA2 says the NVC will send me a notification when the petition is sent to the embassy.

Now on the department of state website it says the NVC will send me a letter or email directing me to the website to do steps 1-6. For example it says to fill out the visa paperwork, pay the fee, and send the affidavit of support to the NVC and then they will forward my case the embassy. It then says to allow 60 days for the NVC to review the documents.

The flow charts and links on here seem to be on the old process, so I want to make sure I’m understanding the next steps right. I wait until the NVC sends me my NVC Case Number, Beneficiary ID Number, and Invoice ID Number and then I can log in and submit everything I need to. Is that correct? Will they wait 60 days before sending it to the embassy? I’m confused because the NOA2 says it will be processed 2-4 weeks, create a case record, and send the petition to the embassy.

Also the K-1 visa list on visajourney says I should be sending the I-134 to my fiancée with supporting documents, but the department of state website says I should be sending it the NVC…. What should I be looking at? HELP!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

I have a question about the new process with the visa. So I have the NOA2 and it says my case will be processed and within two to four weeks and sent to the embassy. The NOA2 says the NVC will send me a notification when the petition is sent to the embassy.

Now on the department of state website it says the NVC will send me a letter or email directing me to the website to do steps 1-6. For example it says to fill out the visa paperwork, pay the fee, and send the affidavit of support to the NVC and then they will forward my case the embassy. It then says to allow 60 days for the NVC to review the documents.

The flow charts and links on here seem to be on the old process, so I want to make sure I’m understanding the next steps right. I wait until the NVC sends me my NVC Case Number, Beneficiary ID Number, and Invoice ID Number and then I can log in and submit everything I need to. Is that correct? Will they wait 60 days before sending it to the embassy? I’m confused because the NOA2 says it will be processed 2-4 weeks, create a case record, and send the petition to the embassy.

Also the K-1 visa list on visajourney says I should be sending the I-134 to my fiancée with supporting documents, but the department of state website says I should be sending it the NVC…. What should I be looking at? HELP!

For the K-1 visa, you do not send any documents to the NVC. You should send your fiancée the I-134 along with the supporting financial evidence (as well as any other documents your fiancée needs for her interview).

The NVC will briefly process your case and will assign it the NVC Case Number, Beneficiary ID Number and Invoice ID Number. You can wait for the letter or you can call the NVC to check on the status (generally wait at least 2 weeks after NOA2 to call the NVC). With the Case Number you can check the CEAC status of your case online.

They will not wait 60 days before sending it to the embassy, there is no timeline for how long the NVC process for K-1 will take.

As you can see on our timeline below our NVC process was very fast, but for others it can be slow. There is no way of knowing.

Hope this helps!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Thank you! I was reading two sets of directions and getting confused. So I will send him all my documents for the affidavit of support to take with him to the embassy!

The NVC instructions are for if you are processing at the NVC, however you are not. The I-129F is not processed at NVC, it is simply given a case number and shipped off to the embassy. When your petition arrives at NVC, it will get an NVC case number assigned to it, and within a couple days it will be mailed to the embassy.

You need to send the I-134 affidavit of support and all supporting documents to your fiancé for the visa interview.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

The NVC will briefly process your case and will assign it the NVC Case Number, Beneficiary ID Number and Invoice ID Number. You can wait for the letter or you can call the NVC to check on the status (generally wait at least 2 weeks after NOA2 to call the NVC). With the Case Number you can check the CEAC status of your case online.

They will not wait 60 days before sending it to the embassy, there is no timeline for how long the NVC process for K-1 will take.

The NVC does not generate a Beneficiary ID or Invoice ID number for an I-129F petition. NVC will only generate a case number.

Also the NVC does not process I-129F petitions, the NVC is merely a landing point for the petition before it gets sent to the embassy. At most it would be there 2 or 3 days.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.