3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi all,

Sorry for the multi-posts, but I appreciate the support of this community on things I'm hesitant on. Being a perfectionist makes this a very *ehm* stressful process.

My partner and I are working on the G25a portions - mine was easy - but for him I have some questions. His work background isn't so straightforward as mine. Questions:

1) Are gaps in employment frowned upon, or likely to affect the visa? There is a period of time in the 5 period year requested (about a year and a half of them to be exact) where my partner did not have any reported earnings or verifiable work history with taxes. However from 2012 onward and prior to that gap in time he has been legally employed and with verified work history through social security, etc. I'm wondering if on the G25a I need to write "Unemployed" for the period he didn't have reported income, or can I just jump from one job to the next? It says there shouldn't be any gaps in history, but I'm hesitant to write "unemployed."

2) My partner is from Costa Rica, and addresses there are awful. I've lived there and know - so when writing addresses of workplaces and of residences, there are not "street names." We've attached a Supplemental Document (per the guides here) with the name of the form, his name, DOB, etc and he signed and dated each. I also called USCIS and they verified this is what to do. Perhaps I'm just being paranoid - but is this going to affect anything? I translated the addresses to English and made a note on the supplemental document: "NOTE: Costa Rica does not use street names and numbers. Attached are physical addresses of residences as used in Costa Rica."

Any advice, insight, feedback appreciated. Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

1. This has literally no bearing on your fiance's eligibility for the visa. Just be truthful.

2. This is very common as well. What do you mean by "physical" addresses? If you search, you'll find many people who have had this same problem in countries where things like landmarks are used more in addresses than house numbers. Again, answer to the best of your ability and include a supplemental sheet if it doesn't fit on the form itself. I would write it the same way I would if I had to address a piece of mail, if I were you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all,

Sorry for the multi-posts, but I appreciate the support of this community on things I'm hesitant on. Being a perfectionist makes this a very *ehm* stressful process.

My partner and I are working on the G25a portions - mine was easy - but for him I have some questions. His work background isn't so straightforward as mine. Questions:

1) Are gaps in employment frowned upon, or likely to affect the visa? There is a period of time in the 5 period year requested (about a year and a half of them to be exact) where my partner did not have any reported earnings or verifiable work history with taxes. However from 2012 onward and prior to that gap in time he has been legally employed and with verified work history through social security, etc. I'm wondering if on the G25a I need to write "Unemployed" for the period he didn't have reported income, or can I just jump from one job to the next? It says there shouldn't be any gaps in history, but I'm hesitant to write "unemployed."

2) My partner is from Costa Rica, and addresses there are awful. I've lived there and know - so when writing addresses of workplaces and of residences, there are not "street names." We've attached a Supplemental Document (per the guides here) with the name of the form, his name, DOB, etc and he signed and dated each. I also called USCIS and they verified this is what to do. Perhaps I'm just being paranoid - but is this going to affect anything? I translated the addresses to English and made a note on the supplemental document: "NOTE: Costa Rica does not use street names and numbers. Attached are physical addresses of residences as used in Costa Rica."

The beneficiary's past employment has no bearing on your petition.

Hi all,

The beneficiary's past employment has no bearing on your petition.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.