Abbumimapa

July 2014 Non-Filipino TSC Filers

1,314 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Was explaining to my mom because she can't absorb why there is an unexplained delay... one reason I gave her which I never thought of before was... may be because we applied in summer and that's when lots of people have vacations and they travel abroad and get engaged, therefore, we have to wait more than usual???

Doubt it. Some might send in the papers right away but I think most people spend some time being engaged for a while before sending in their papers or they get engaged during the process. But I am not sure. I only speak from my own experience (we were engaged a few months before sending the papers) and from what I have seen on the forum.

One theory is that when all of us applied in June/July the expected waiting time was around 5 months. Which personally I thought was great. That meant NOA2 in November/December. Visa probably in January and wedding in March. I think a lot of people sent their papers in back then thinking "that's perfect for a summer wedding" or "great, then we can get married in the beginning of the year" and now people are still waiting and they have to re-think their wedding plans.

But that's just my theory and interpretation from what I've read around here and I could be completely wrong :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Was explaining to my mom because she can't absorb why there is an unexplained delay... one reason I gave her which I never thought of before was... may be because we applied in summer and that's when lots of people have vacations and they travel abroad and get engaged, therefore, we have to wait more than usual???

July has more applications for K-1 than any other month I have seen. We are not far from approval it may take us a few more weeks but we will get it!!

event.png

Sent I-129F - July 17, 2014

USCIS Received - July 18, 2014

NOA-1 - July 22, 2014

ARN Changed - July 30, 2014

Touched - November 14, 2014

NOA-2 -

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I would think the holidays - December/January is more the prime time for engagements, as cliched as that sounds. So many people visit their significant others over Christmas and New Years and get engaged - then file in January through March.

I'll grant that the summer is also prime for vacations, but not sure people think that far ahead timing their applications. This is a government agency after all! USCIS tops them all though - I thought the DMV was bad... this is just pathetic.

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

Timeline

I would think the holidays - December/January is more the prime time for engagements, as cliched as that sounds. So many people visit their significant others over Christmas and New Years and get engaged - then file in January through March.

I'll grant that the summer is also prime for vacations, but not sure people think that far ahead timing their applications. This is a government agency after all! USCIS tops them all though - I thought the DMV was bad... this is just pathetic.

I haven't thought about that until now but you are right, they are worse than the DMV. And I thought that was impossible.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

or we can just say that they're mean people over there, they like to drink too much coffee while they browser their Facebook and Buzzfeed all day :pop:

K1

June 27, 2014: I-129F packet sent

July 03, 2014: NOA1

January 09, 2015: NOA2 (190 days)

January 14: Sent to NVC

January 16: NOA2 hard copy

April, 6: Medical

April, 7: Interview/Approved

April 29: Visa received (FINALLY)

May 25: POE - Fort Lauderdale, FL

__

AOS

August 05, 2015: AOS sent

August 12: NOA1 (e-mail)

September 04: Biometrics

October 20: EAD/AP Approved (no text&email)

October 22: EAD/AP mailed

October 26: EAD/AP delivered

November 27: GC Approved/produced
December 02: GC mailed

December 05: GC Delivered

Starting to accept that for late July filers, NOA2 might not be until March at this rate! :clock:

Pending Removal of Conditions following K1 and 2 Year Green Card ... Waiting ~1 year 

Timeline

Starting to accept that for late July filers, NOA2 might not be until March at this rate! :clock:

Yup, March wedding that turned into May wedding might turn into June wedding. Oh well, one day we will have or NOA2 and this wait will soon be forgotten.

Yup, March wedding that turned into May wedding might turn into June wedding. Oh well, one day we will have or NOA2 and this wait will soon be forgotten.

Agreed! I just cant see it being anytime soon still because they are only just on early July

Pending Removal of Conditions following K1 and 2 Year Green Card ... Waiting ~1 year 

Timeline

I agree, NOA2 will probably be in March. This week they did a lot Monday but then only two approvals on VJ Tuesday. Yesterday was quiet... Monday is a holiday and February is a short month. I really hope for March. If it goes beyond March, I might run out of positive things to say.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think March is a little too pessimistic for the majority of July (even late July) filers. Don't forget that the last of the June filers are the ones being processed now, and that several things must line up for an approval to even show up on Igor's List (first approval, then for someone who is a member of this site, then the member is responsible enough to update his/her timeline). I've encountered at least three approved June filers in the last couple of weeks who have posted (about their approvals, no less!) and failed to update their timelines even when asked to do so.

Timeline

Yes but then comes the fact that there's a whole bunch of other people waiting who are not even members here and USCIS is really far behind. On the timelins we do see here, from people who do fill them in you can see the waiting times go up. They have been going up for months. Just within the last few days it has shown tendencies to go between 190-200 and now it's 200+ days. And I am not counting people from countries USCIS seems to take longer to process such as Pakistan, Morocco and Thailand.

I also think it's better to be pesimistic and accept a month further away and then get positively surprised if it's not rather than set my mind on "oh I have waited 174 days, it's not long until 190" and then that day passes and goes and I have a meltdown. But that's just me :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

They only update the timeline on the USCIS website when they are at the end of the month/ at least almost done with that month....So I really don't see how it should take them another two whole months. It will be ok guys just hang in there, we're almost to the light at the end of the tunnel :)

From memory they started processing June filers (after the big CSC transfer) in October - we are now 2.5 months later and are still seeing end of June filers being approved. Based on that, increasing wait times, July appears to be the busiest month and that early July filers seem to be started end of Dec/early Jan .... this brings me to March for end of July filers.

I feel bad for filers in Jan 2015 - they could be waiting a year at this rate!

On the other hand if they were to speed up that may change! Trying to think positively but obviously hard. We hit 6 months in a week!

Timeline

They only update the timeline on the USCIS website when they are at the end of the month/ at least almost done with that month....So I really don't see how it should take them another two whole months. It will be ok guys just hang in there, we're almost to the light at the end of the tunnel :)

I don't know if you realized but I am talking about the timelines here on Visa Journey :) The one on the USCIS website is not accurate. Before the recent update from May 6 to June 6 it wasn't updated since at least October. But lets say it is accurate then we could actually expect to actually have to wait 3 more months...

So yeah, I am sticking with March for a while longer, at least until I see more July people approved ;)

Edit: I just checked your timeline and saw you are an early July filer. You'll probably get approved either late January or early February. March is the prediction for us late July filers :)

From memory they started processing June filers (after the big CSC transfer) in October - we are now 2.5 months later and are still seeing end of June filers being approved. Based on that, increasing wait times, July appears to be the busiest month and that early July filers seem to be started end of Dec/early Jan .... this brings me to March for end of July filers.

I feel bad for filers in Jan 2015 - they could be waiting a year at this rate!

On the other hand if they were to speed up that may change! Trying to think positively but obviously hard. We hit 6 months in a week!

Yeah you and I have the same NOA1 date :)

I heard somewhere that July had the most number of applications this year but I am not sure where they got that info from.

Edited by Maria&Seve

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

or we can just say that they're mean people over there, they like to drink too much coffee while they browser their Facebook and Buzzfeed all day :pop:

:goofy::rofl: ....your probably right!!

event.png

Sent I-129F - July 17, 2014

USCIS Received - July 18, 2014

NOA-1 - July 22, 2014

ARN Changed - July 30, 2014

Touched - November 14, 2014

NOA-2 -

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.