Saroo

Ds160 question:Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I filed an I-130 immigrant visa petition for both my parents about 19 months ago, When I almost got to AOS part my mom decided not to come and live in the U.S ,but my father got the immigrant visa in Pakistan and the case has been completed . It's been more than 9 months since I abondened my mother's case however I never withdraw the case officially. Now my mother and brother just want to come and visit me for few months and want to apply for a visit visa but on the form the above question came up that has anyone ever filed a immigrant visa petition on your behalf? so now in my mothers case shall I say yes or no ? And how should I explain if the answer is yes on the form? Will this create any problem if they find out that the immigrant petition was filed but the case was never completed? Your detailed answer will be greatly appreciated . Thank you

Edited by Saroo

You should write yes. The hardest part is to convince the consular officer that she has strong ties to her home country especially someone had filed a petition for her prior apply a tourist visa.

Addition note: answer truthfully. Write down that you had filed a petition for her and has never been completed yet. Also you can write down the reason why your mother did not want to continue the process.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.