Robby999

Obama Authorizes National Guard Call-Up to Fight Ebola in West Africa

45 posts in this topic

I believe the number is 2.

I thought it was one. The first victim.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I thought it was one. The first victim.

Watch me whip up a frenzy Marv.

I believe the number was just upped to 3 dead from Obola!!!!!

How does that scary number compare with deaths by other causes, say, guns or heart attacks?

Nothing compares to Ebola John. Run for your life!!!

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I am wearing a hazmat suit - with breathing apparatus, no less - 24/7. It's getting kinda foggy and smelly in here but the Ebolas ain't coming anywhere near me. I also have guns - I have nothing to fear!

Nothing compares to Ebola John. Run for your life!!!

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Watch me whip up a frenzy Marv.

I believe the number was just upped to 3 dead from Obola!!!!!

:rofl:

I just wet myself.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I am wearing a hazmat suit - with breathing apparatus, no less - 24/7. It's getting kinda foggy and smelly in here but the Ebolas ain't coming anywhere near me. I also have guns - I have nothing to fear!

Watch out for this guy, he's got the Obola!

simon_bar_sinister.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The most likely vector into the USA now is via prostitution in Liberia. Everywhere the U.S. military goes, prostitution follows if it isn't already there. But if it is there already, then it becomes the capital city of prostitution in the country. So is the case with Liberia, where underage prostitution in particular is rampant:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/05/19/liberia-s-child-prostitutes.html

Yes of course in the four hours of training they are getting for Ebola, they are being told not to consort with prostitutes. lol. Like they tell the troops everywhere they go. Yet the maxim proves invincible: men are going to get drunk and go whoring.

I couldn't say what the likelihood is of transmission. I will just say the likelihood of at least some US servicemen, health service workers, CDC types etc. doing prostitutes in Liberia is about 100%. The oldest profession. In a culture that the above article makes so clear is young girl's prep school for sexual abuse by family, friends, neighbors, and why not customers too. At least with them you make money. Statistically I do know that to get the probability of entering the country you multiply the proportion of infected prostitutes by the proportion of men who will go see them, if the two events are independent. (If they aren't it is going to be a higher joint probability, I imagine). So let's say 1% of them are infected and 5% of the men going there go to prostitutes. Then that is one half of one percent joint probability of ebola coming in the country per person we send there.

You need 137 people to go before the odds are 50-50 of vectoring in that way under given assumptions. You need 919 people in order to get the odds up to 99% that ebola enters this way. Not saying that is the number, but how to do the math. So let's say it's one-tenth of 1% of prostitutes infected and only 1% of the people we send consorting with prostitutes as our second example. Then you'll need to send about 69,500 people to get the odds to a 50-50 proposition for ebola coming in this way. If you can contain either one of these probabilities to zero, there is no transmission possible but given history and human DNA programming I think it unwise to assume that.

Edited by rlogan

if our military is dumb enough to pick up prostitutes in an ebola ravaged country, then que sera sera. there's no helping us.

and if i should assume that "men are going to get drunk and go whoring" i need to run home and have a heart to heart with my kid. here i've been telling him he's in control of his own actions and body. turns out being a man makes you incapable of self control.

Edited by val erie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

. here i've been telling him he's in control of his own actions and body. turns out being a man makes you incapable of self control.

lol.

I just gave an example where 99% of them had that self control. At the very least 95%

It shows more about you than it does about men: That you would make pretty much the exact opposite conclusion. If 99% of men have self control, then NO MEN have self control. (?!)

The question is why you would go so far out of your way to make such a stupid straw man. To prove what an incredible mother you are? One of the 99%? Wow, what a unique standard you set. :dancing:

lol.

I just gave an example where 99% of them had that self control. At the very least 95%

It shows more about you than it does about men: That you would make pretty much the exact opposite conclusion. If 99% of men have self control, then NO MEN have self control. (?!)

The question is why you would go so far out of your way to make such a stupid straw man. To prove what an incredible mother you are? One of the 99%? Wow, what a unique standard you set. :dancing:

tbh, i didn't read your entire post. i stopped at the boys will be boys comment and seized the opportunity to do my mother of the year bidding. and really it was no trouble, i didn't read the whole post and my response took seconds.