Ad_In

Completing DS-260 Online Before Visa Interview

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

From the USEM website:

If you are asked to reschedule your interview because your DS-260 is incomplete, please note that the next available appointment may be three to six weeks after your original appointment. To avoid lengthy delays, please complete the DS-260 well in advance of your interview date.

Thanks, I am in the process of filling out the DS-260 online. Just wish NVC had indicated that in the interview letter because a lot of applicants who were affected by the retrogression and had submitted the DS-230's several years back would think they need not fill out the online applications anymore.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks, I am in the process of filling out the DS-260 online. Just wish NVC had indicated that in the interview letter because a lot of applicants who were affected by the retrogression and had submitted the DS-230's several years back would think they need not fill out the online applications anymore.

Requirements for USEM

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/865058/instructionpackets/IV%20Applicants_%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20_as%20of%2017%20September%202013_%20without%20footer.pdf

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I know how you feel about this. A good way to think about this, it's a US Embassy Manila requirement as opposed to NVC. You're done with NVC and you've moved on and dealing with a different entity now. Each embassy can have it's own set of things it requires from applicants that's why it's important to check. Looking at the bright side, at least you knew about it before your interview as opposed to later :) Edited by yannix

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We have the exact same situation, my 2 nephews in the application 4 yrs ago are now 22 and 24, but only the 22 yr old was included in the interview letter. So you are now 24 and they still included you in the interview letter? If I may ask, what are your visa priority date, visa approval date and birthdate? When did your priority date become current? Just want to check what your CSPA age is for comparison purposes. I don't think my 24-yr old nephew will go to the interview because he is not listed in the NVC letter, I calculated his CSPA age and it is 21 yrs 10 days,

so he is slightly over the 21 yr cut-off.

Honestly, i don't know our approval date. Try to contact nvc or try to open the situation during the interview. I knew someone during our medical who said that she told the filipina consul or pre screening personnel that her child (25yo) was able to pay everything eg iv fees back in 2010 prior to aging out. They reviewed and her child was given an interview date. I just don't know if they got approved already.

I know how you feel about this. A good way to think about this, it's a US Embassy Manila requirement as opposed to NVC. You're done with NVC and you've moved on and dealing with a different entity now. Each embassy can have it's own set of things it requires from applicants that's why it's important to check. Looking at the bright side, at least you knew about it before your interview as opposed to later :)

Thanks Yannix. Hope there's nothing else I'm missing. That's why this forum is very helpful.

Honestly, i don't know our approval date. Try to contact nvc or try to open the situation during the interview. I knew someone during our medical who said that she told the filipina consul or pre screening personnel that her child (25yo) was able to pay everything eg iv fees back in 2010 prior to aging out. They reviewed and her child was given an interview date. I just don't know if they got approved already.

We did pay the IV fee for this beneficiary back in 2010 prior to retrogression. I sent an email to NVC inquiring about their decision not to include him in the interview but no response for 2 weeks now. I will ask my brother to bring this up during their interview, who knows my nephew might still get an interview. Thanks for this info,

And also bring a cenomar for the aged out child (22yo nephew). They will ask for that.

So they only asked the CENOMAR of the children, not the parents? I read in this forum that even the parents need to get a CENOMAR (Advisory of Marriage) on top of their marriage certificate, so I instructed my brother and his wife to each obtain this certificate from the Census Office in Manila.

And also bring a cenomar for the aged out child (22yo nephew). They will ask for that.

So they only asked the CENOMAR of the children, not the parents? I read in this forum that parents need to get the CENOMAR (Advisory of Marriage) on top

of their marriage certificates, so I asked my brother and his wife to each obtain this certificate from the Census Office in Manila.

So they only asked the CENOMAR of the children, not the parents? I read in this forum that even the parents need to get a CENOMAR (Advisory of Marriage) on top of their marriage certificate, so I instructed my brother and his wife to each obtain this certificate from the Census Office in Manila.

They want proof that the children are single. Won't hurt to bring the CEMAR for your brother and wife too just in case. You can even order both online (more expensive) but IMO worth it. Edited by yannix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.