Ad_In

Completing DS-260 Online Before Visa Interview

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

The US Embassy in Manila recently posted the announcement below on their website:

---------------

NOTICE TO IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS

Starting October 02, 2014, all immigrant visa applicants are required to complete a DS-260 online immigrant visa application at https://ceac.state.gov/ceac prior to attending their visa interview appointment.

Applicants who appear for an interview without completed application forms will be advised to reschedule the interview by visiting the online appointment website at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph or by calling the Embassy’s Visa Information and Appointment Service at (632) 982-5555 / (632) 902-8930.

If you are asked to reschedule your interview because your DS-260 is incomplete, please note that the next available appointment may be three to six weeks after your original appointment. To avoid lengthy delays, please complete the DS-260 well in advance of your interview date.

-----

Does this requirement include those who have already submitted their paper application forms to NVC and are documentary qualified? We are scheduled for interview next month, and the NVC indicated that they sent all the paper forms to the US embassy in Manila for the interview.

But I'm curious if we still have to fill out the online application prior to the interview.

Thanks!

The US Embassy in Manila recently posted the announcement below on their website:

---------------

NOTICE TO IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS

Starting October 02, 2014, all immigrant visa applicants are required to complete a DS-260 online immigrant visa application at https://ceac.state.gov/ceac prior to attending their visa interview appointment.

Applicants who appear for an interview without completed application forms will be advised to reschedule the interview by visiting the online appointment website at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph or by calling the Embassy’s Visa Information and Appointment Service at (632) 982-5555 / (632) 902-8930.

If you are asked to reschedule your interview because your DS-260 is incomplete, please note that the next available appointment may be three to six weeks after your original appointment. To avoid lengthy delays, please complete the DS-260 well in advance of your interview date.

-----

Does this requirement include those who have already submitted their paper application forms to NVC and are documentary qualified? We are scheduled for interview next month, and the NVC indicated that they sent all the paper forms to the US embassy in Manila for the interview.

But I'm curious if we still have to fill out the online application prior to the interview.

Thanks!

Depends on what type of immigrant visa you are applying for. But in general yes, you need a completed DS260. If you completed a DS260 during the NVC process (e.g. non expedited family cases), there is no need to complete another one. HTH.

Depends on what type of immigrant visa you are applying for. But in general yes, you need a completed DS260. If you completed a DS260 during the NVC process (e.g. non expedited family cases), there is no need to complete another one. HTH.

No, it was the paper application (DS-230) that we submitted 4 years ago under F4, and then the priority date retrogressed.

It is now current again and all the documents we submitted were sent by NVC to the US Embassy in Manila for the interview, which

is scheduled for November.

I think the announcement from the US Embassy about all applicants needing to fill out DS-260 online prior to interview applies to everyone,

including those who already submitted DS-230 a while back. I just want to check if others are in a similar situation with us.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, we have submitted form ds 260 even we have submitted ds 230 several years ago. You can visit https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ and check your application.

No, it was the paper application (DS-230) that we submitted 4 years ago under F4, and then the priority date retrogressed.

It is now current again and all the documents we submitted were sent by NVC to the US Embassy in Manila for the interview, which

is scheduled for November.

I think the announcement from the US Embassy about all applicants needing to fill out DS-260 online prior to interview applies to everyone,

including those who already submitted DS-230 a while back. I just want to check if others are in a similar situation with us.

Ahh got it. I believe you need to submit the DS260. IIRC, NVC mandated everyone to do the online form starting from Sept 1, 2013. There were some people who previously submitted the DS230 that were INSTRUCTED to do DS260.

I suggest a quick call to NVC/USEM just to clarify. Goodluck.

Edited by yannix

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

No. You just need to have the original documents during the interview.

Fair enough. Thanks.

How about the IV (Immigrant Visa) delivery address, do we have to register to that website too?

By the way, congrats on getting your F4 visa. Did they talk about your age during the interview?

So do we have to scan and upload all the paper documents (birth and marriage certificates, Passports, NBI/Police Clearances etc) that we already submitted to NVC four years ago as part of the DS-230 submission?

No but you have to bring updated versions of them if they are expired. The USEM link above will tell how "fresh" the documents have to be to be accepted by USEM.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes they talked about my age, together with my brother (22yo). At first, we did not undergo the biometrics with my parents since we are over age. They said they still have to review our case, we waited for about 2hours in the embassy and they called again our number. The english man told us we can have our biometrics. Our papers were checked then let us sign a contract indicating we will not marry prior to POE. We had the interview with consul then we got approved.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

From the USEM website:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Yes they talked about my age, together with my brother (22yo). At first, we did not undergo the biometrics with my parents since we are over age. They said they still have to review our case, we waited for about 2hours in the embassy and they called again our number. The english man told us we can have our biometrics. Our papers were checked then let us sign a contract indicating we will not marry prior to POE. We had the interview with consul then we got approved.

We have the exact same situation, my 2 nephews in the application 4 yrs ago are now 22 and 24, but only the 22 yr old was included in the interview letter. So you are now 24 and they still included you in the interview letter? If I may ask, what are your visa priority date, visa approval date and birthdate? When did your priority date become current? Just want to check what your CSPA age is for comparison purposes. I don't think my 24-yr old nephew will go to the interview because he is not listed in the NVC letter, I calculated his CSPA age and it is 21 yrs 10 days,

so he is slightly over the 21 yr cut-off.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.