chocoboom

Change of Last Name in Passport Renewal

5 posts in this topic

Hi!

To anybody who is knowledgeable regarding passport renewals or somebody who almost has the same situation as me, I would like to inquire about the procedure with regards to the changing of last name for passport renewal. I read that an accomplished Report of Marriage form is needed when renewing a passport in order to reflect the new last name. What exactly are the additional documents required for the Report of Marriage form? Can I submit my Report of Marriage form together with my passport renewal application at the Los Angeles Philippine Consulate? Or will I have to finish the Report of Marriage form first before I can do my passport renewal application? My passport is currently expired now and would like to have it renewed with my new last name.

Here are the following documents I have gathered and will bring for my ROM/passport renewal with a change in last name:

- 1 accomplished passport application form

- 4 accomplished ROM forms

- 1 original marriage certificate and 4 copies

- 1 original birth certificate/s of husband and wife

- 4 copies of birth certificates of husband and wife

- 4 copies of Drivers License of husband and wife

- 1 original passport of husband and wife

- 4 copies of data page of passport for husband and wife

Are there any more additional documents I am missing?

Feel free to let me know here :). I look forward to your assistance. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration! I appreciate it! :)

Regards,

Monette

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Everything required is listed on the consulate website, services menu is on the right side of the screen: http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/default.htm

We did both the ROM and renewal of the passport in married name together at a consulate outreach. I don't know about at the consulate itself.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hi,

Okay, got it. I'd also like to know if it's possible to get the photo taken at the Philippine Consulate in Los Angeles since I don't want to have photos taken somewhere else only to find out that it won't be accepted once submitted. I'd like to confirm that too. :) Thanks for the reply!

Regards,

Monette

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.