Nata NV

Two foreign passports and one visa

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi!

Who has two or more passports from different countries, please tell me.

I will have:

1. Ukraine's foreign passport with visa USA.

2. Russia's foreign passport without visa USA.

Can I go to USA from territory of Russia using passport #2 and visa in passport #1?

Thank you, VJ friends. I wish to all CC without checklist.

ip2qp4.pngKDdUp4.pngzWstp4.png

41F043E0434043F04380441044C043D043004120

12.23.2014 - e-mails from NVC about CC
12.30.2014 - P4 letters, interview scheduled for February 6
12.31.2014 - CEAC statuses changed to "In Transit"

Not sure if this helps you, but: http://london.usembassy.gov/faq-visa-gen.html

I have a valid visa in an expired passport. Can I continue to use this visa to travel to the United States?

If the passport containing your visa has expired, you may continue to use the valid visa provided you are traveling for the same purpose as when the visa was issued and you also carry a valid passport of the same nationality. If, however, the passport authority clipped the corners of the passport when canceling it and, in so doing, damaged the visa in any way, that visa is no longer valid and cannot be used for travel to the United States.

A change of name will not affect the validity of the visa. We recommend that when traveling, you carry a copy of the document showing the name change.

If your visa is marked 'indefinite', it can no longer be used for travel to the United States. You are required to either apply for a new visa, or if eligible, travel visa free under the Visa Waiver Program.

Timeline

you also carry a valid passport of the SAME nationality.

This means that I can not use different nationality passports. ((((

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Different countries, but when I got my visa I had a Swiss passport (birth nationality) and an Irish one.

My interview was in Ireland, so they put the visa in the Irish passport, but the visa gave my Nationality as Swiss. I was able to travel without issues.

I think you will be fine showing your Russian passport to the Russian authorities when you leave, but make sure you have the Ukraine passport ready as the airline rep may want to see it to verify you have the correct visa.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Penguin_ie, you have twin babies!!!! God bless whole your family!

Ukrainian border guards do not adhere to compliance with the laws of Ukraine and do not accept permission from the father of my child to travel to the United States, certified by a Ukrainian notary in Ukrainian Crimea. Perhaps, they believe that Crimea is Russia.

A Russian laws do not require this permit from their citizens. Possibly, Russia do not require such permit from citizens of other states, too. But I could not find out this . In Moscow airport passport control difficult to answer this question the three operators.

Because in Russia does not apply dual citizenship - you can either be Ukrainian or Russian. And I think of this: if the United States visa - document valids separately, even if a valid passport in which it is stamped already expired. It is possible to leave Russia as a Russian citizen with a United States visa, but not in the Russian passport.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.