shanijav

How to check on the green card processing status ?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

hello every one.

My wife came to the US on immigration visa 1 month ago. I have already paid the green card production fees 4 weeks ago and now just waiting for the actual green card to arrive. Does anyone know how long does it take to get that ? any website where we can actually check if it has been issued or not? it continues to state "your application has been received and is pending review" on Elis website. since sept 3rd 2014

also how long does SSN takes to arrive in mail. we have applied for that around 3-4 weeks ago as well.

Thanks

any info will be appreciated.

Hi,

The GC can take up to 3 months after POE to come in the mail. When you check the ELIS system it should have a receipt number which you can use to check the status in the same way you check the status for a petition.

As for the SSN, you may have applied too early. You have to apply for SSN about 2 weeks after POE because they might not be able to verify her status electronically.

You might receive a letter from the SSA saying that the SSN couldn't be issued because the status couldn't be verified which can take some time. I have seen it happen to a couple of people here already, in which case you will have to go again to the SSA to reapply.

I would give the SSN a full month from the date you applied, if nothing by then I would go in person and find out what's going on. As for the GC, do not fret, the visa and the stamp are valid for travel, employment, and all other GC purposes for 1 year, which can be extended in the very odd chance she hasn't received her GC by then. Good luck.

This does not constitute legal advice.

When you applied did they give you a letter with a reference # on the upper right?The letter that says it can take up to 4 weeks bla blah?Call them(local ssa) and give them that # and they will tell you what is going on.That's what i and a couple other members did.

Filed I-130 DCF: May 27, 2014 Here's what happened (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/498046-filed-dcf-today-5-27-2014/ )

I-130 Approved on:June 4,2014

Interview July 18, 2014 (Approved) You can read this ( http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/506247-interview/ )

Got the Visa Packet!! July 23,2014

POE: SEATTLE July 28,2014

--------------------------------------------

GREEN CARD AND SSC STATUS

August 25,2014 Went to SSA to see what's going on with my SSC- SAVE has my middle name together with my first name.

August 28,2014 ELIS went from ACCEPTED TO OPTIMIZED IN PROCESS (INITIAL REVIEW)

September 2 Called local ssa and was told SSC was mailed/Elis says Green CARD production has begun

September 4,2014-received ssc

September 8,2014- green card mailed/closed on elis

September 9,2014- green card received yahooo!!

---------------------------------------------------------

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Mailed Packet: 4/29/2016

NOA1: 5/2/2016

Bio Appt: 6/1/2016

Approval:2/13/2017

Received 10 year green card:2/17/2017

Hi, I answered this in your message.

I actually have the same question. How does that work that the immigrants is able to work with the visa in the passport? Thanks in advance.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.