myleene2014

about annulment

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi can you help me regarding annulment case of my fiancee she got her decision last aug2014 she has her decision and finality can we used this already for filing fiance visa? coz she told me that her mc annotated will release after 3mons coz she's living in mindanao thanks

hi can you help me regarding annulment case of my fiancee she got her decision last aug2014 she has her decision and finality can we used this already for filing fiance visa? coz she told me that her mc annotated will release after 3mons coz she's living in mindanao thanks

She'll eventually need the annotated the CEMAR, showing the marriage has been legally terminated. This won't be needed until the interview stage. But do make sure the decision has been filed with the NVC so the CEMAR can get annotated. Until this part has been completed, she is not free to marry as the K-1 requires.

Edited by Caryh

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

my question is that can we still file now while waiting for the cemar and mc annotated? coz i heard that cemar and mc annotated will be needed upon her interview thanks for the quick response Godbless you

Timeline

thanks again my fiance told me that some got approved without cemar and mc annotated but they provide it on their interviews but some are unlucky got rfe im a little bit confused on what to do coz i want my fiance to be with me asap thank u for answering :)

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanks again my fiance told me that some got approved without cemar and mc annotated but they provide it on their interviews but some are unlucky got rfe im a little bit confused on what to do coz i want my fiance to be with me asap thank u for answering :)

Just in my experience....I was annulled too...but to keep everything safe, we waited till I get my Annotated marriage contract from the NSO. Which served us well since it took almost a year for the NSO to do their job ( that is with me personally following it up at their office in Manila - I was from Tacloban City ,Visayas Region ).

My point is, we do not know the surprises there is ahead, if that 3 months which you said will be met or not ( if she will really get it by then good..if not, then what will you do especially if like my case, it took me almost a year before I finally got it? This are the risk you have to think and if you are willing to gamble and go ahead filing for a K1 visa and just trust that she'll get it in 3 months time.

Edited by sdh_4

If you want to be safe, you wait and file after the CEMAR is annotated. The court approved the annulment, but its not official until the NSO annotates the CEMAR. She could not remarry in the Philippines unless she had the annotated CEMAR, and the I-129F petition requires both are free to marry when the petition is filed.

There have been people denied because a court signed off on a divorce, but the paperwork wasn't certified for weeks later, but they filed an I-129 right after the judge signed it. Some may slip by, but do you want to go through the whole process to get denied at the interview because you filed before the CEMAR was annotated?

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Phil. Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

1st: you both must be legally free to marry at the time of your filing the I-129F petition. Being your fiancee was married before annulment documents are required by USCIS.

http://www.census.gov.ph.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/packets/K1%20and%20K2%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_updated%2010%20SEP%202014_.pdf

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

yes but u must obtain too the filling from 1)the office of the civil registrar (were u had been registered ur previous marriage) btw these things should've done by your counsel and your counsel will be giving u all the important documents, but u must check everything; 2)the official receipts or your Annulment of Marriage (court decree) CTC set, and filling fee 3) certified photocopy of finality from the city where u had filed your annulment 4) certified photocopy of the certificate of registration from the city where u had filed your annulment 5) certified photocopy of the certificate of Authenticity from the city where you had filed your annulment 6)Annotated copy of Marriage Certificate from the NSO (natl statistics office) and keep also the official receipts from NSO. your counsel can do these for you. u just have to get the official receipt from NSO for you to collect your annotated marriage cert. and dont forget to bring ID for identification. it takes about 3weeks the release of this but after this u can apply online for another copies and it just takes 2-3days. *make sure u will keep your Certified true copy from the original so u can bring on ur interview. just in case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.