RW365

CEAC status updates BEFORE interview - London

134 posts in this topic

Well, I couldn't contain myself, so I submitted a new DS-160 with the LND number, and a new applicant readiness form, and sent another message telling them I used the correct case number this time, hence the new submission.

This is all so stressful!

Did you check the CEAC? Has it updated for you after you submitted them? :)

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-09-09

(Sent to NVC: 2014-09-15)

NVC Received : 2014-09-22

NVC Left :2014-09-26

Medical : 2014-09-29

Consulate Received : 2014-09-29

Packet 3 Received : 2014-10-06

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2014-10-23

Interview Date : 2014-11-07

Interview Result : APPROVED!!

AP : 2014-11-12 (2 hours)

Issued: 2014- 11- 12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Did you check the CEAC? Has it updated for you after you submitted them? :)

Nope. No updates. I've been checking every two minutes! Haha!

12 May 2014: Mailed 129F packet to Dallas lockbox

21 May 2014: NOA1 from TSC

18 Sep 2014: NOA2

23 Sep 2014: Case sent to NVC

30 Sep 2014: NVC received + case number generated

06 Oct 2014: Left NVC

08 Oct 2014: Medical exam

09 Oct 2014: Case reached embassy in London

09 Oct 2014: DS-160 and Applicant Readiness form submitted

21 Oct 2014: Interview letter received

29 Oct 2014: Interview --> Approved!

07 Nov 2014: Visa in hand

08 Nov 2014: LHR --> BOS [Finally!!]

Nope. No updates. I've been checking every two minutes! Haha!

Baha! Let us know if it does change, Mine did 5 minutes after I submitted it. I need a large pint or something :') At least we're not alone in this.

Transferred? No

Packet 3 Sent :

Timeline

Baha! Let us know if it does change, Mine did 5 minutes after I submitted it. I need a large pint or something :') At least we're not alone in this.

Yeah, I'm thinking something way stiffer than a pint!! Hahaha!

Timeline

Oh my god, that makes me feel even worse!! Maybe they don't like my name/face. Or maybe it's because I'm gay. Why me god, why me!! LOL

Just kidding.

I just hope they haven't lost my forms is all. I want to be there before Thanksgiving. Surely, that's not too much to ask!

PS: I just noticed you're flying to Boston tomorrow. Yay!! Must be SUCH a relief to be finally done with this shite. Gives me hope -- that there will such a day when I can be on a plane to Boston, too. We live in hope!

SUCH a relief, i've done all my packing. Ready and chomping at the bit to go now!

All I can say in regards to your situation is to be proactive and keep on at them / messaging them until they reply with something meaningful.

I dont understand why they arent helping you, but best of luck!

12/03/14 Package sent

20/03/14 NOA1

02/09/14 NOA2

09/09/14 Hardcopy NOA2 received

15/09/14 Received at NVC

17/09/14 Case number and sent to Embassy

22/09/14 London receives and creates case

23/09/14 DS160 completed

24/09/14 Medical attended

24/09/14 Readiness form submitted

27/09/14 Packet 3 received

04/10/14 Packet 4 received

07/10/14 Interview

16/10/14 Passport and packet received

21/10/14 Boston!

Timeline

SUCH a relief, i've done all my packing. Ready and chomping at the bit to go now!

All I can say in regards to your situation is to be proactive and keep on at them / messaging them until they reply with something meaningful.

I dont understand why they arent helping you, but best of luck!

Thank you. And safe journeys! :)

You lot have stirred each other up into pure insanity. There is nothing wrong with your cases except you haven't given them enough time to assign an interview. You've created stories of what each update means. You've set yourself up for daily disappointment over and over by checking the status and thinking it will give you answers. You are paranoid they lost something.

RW365, your timeline says your medical was October 8, so maybe the results were couriered to the embassy on Tuesday Oct 14 at the earliest. The embassy was closed Monday which means more stuff to catch up on. Do you really think you would have a letter in the post just four working days later? They don't work that fast. It will happen in due time and all this frenzy you've created is clouding your common sense. Did you expect your petition to be approved in a week? No. Your expectations for the embassy are unrealistic.

Have you seen this on the website ?

I SUBMITTED MY FORMS WHY HAVENT I RECEIVED AN INTERVIEW DATE?

It takes approximately 6 weeks for forms to be received and registered on an individual applicants file from the date on which they are mailed to the Immigrant Visa Unit. An interview will not be scheduled until the Imigrant Visa Unit is in receipt of all of the forms required to process the application and a medical examination. If it has been more than 6 weeks since you submitted the forms and attended a medical examination with the panel physician, please contact us using the Visa Contact form . Please note that if it has been less than six weeks since you submitted the forms in support of your application, you will not receive a response to your inquiry.

The bolded part might be why they are not in a hurry to answer your emails. You are choosing to make yourself miserable with all this. The embassy will get to you when they get to you and all your guessing is wasted effort. Why not start studying AOS paperwork. Here's a preview of things to do.

AOS list

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FIsgnb7Tfj7tcRNnqRMKUOXQdEfR6HTUDY2vX6zKqqU/mobilebasic?authkey=CNXN_oQH

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

You lot have stirred each other up into pure insanity. There is nothing wrong with your cases except you haven't given them enough time to assign an interview. You've created stories of what each update means. You've set yourself up for daily disappointment over and over by checking the status and thinking it will give you answers. You are paranoid they lost something.

RW365, your timeline says your medical was October 8, so maybe the results were couriered to the embassy on Tuesday Oct 14 at the earliest. The embassy was closed Monday which means more stuff to catch up on. Do you really think you would have a letter in the post just four working days later? They don't work that fast. It will happen in due time and all this frenzy you've created is clouding your common sense. Did you expect your petition to be approved in a week? No. Your expectations for the embassy are unrealistic.

It takes approximately 6 weeks for forms to be received and registered on an individual applicants file from the date on which they are mailed to the Immigrant Visa Unit. An interview will not be scheduled until the Imigrant Visa Unit is in receipt of all of the forms required to process the application and a medical examination. If it has been more than 6 weeks since you submitted the forms and attended a medical examination with the panel physician, please contact us using the Visa Contact form . Please note that if it has been less than six weeks since you submitted the forms in support of your application, you will not receive a response to your inquiry.

The bolded part might be why they are not in a hurry to answer your emails. You are choosing to make yourself miserable with all this. The embassy will get to you when they get to you and all your guessing is wasted effort. Why not start studying AOS paperwork. Here's a preview of things to do.

AOS list

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FIsgnb7Tfj7tcRNnqRMKUOXQdEfR6HTUDY2vX6zKqqU/mobilebasic?authkey=CNXN_oQH

I second this post.

Just chill out, things will happen - I remember when I went over to the states on a J1 visa there were over 50 people in the embassy - and that was just for 9:00AM appointments - and this was in Belfast.

AOS list

You've knocked some sense into me. Hah! I guess this is what I get for trying to "beat" the system and it totally backfired at me, (I will never know what those 4 touches was and where my first DS-160 went) I will for sure start looking into the AOS process of it, I've already started on it, Copy of passport, Birth certificate etc etc Just the stuff that I can do now to save time later :)

Transferred? No

Packet 3 Sent :

You've knocked some sense into me. Hah! I guess this is what I get for trying to "beat" the system and it totally backfired at me, (I will never know what those 4 touches was and where my first DS-160 went) I will for sure start looking into the AOS process of it, I've already started on it, Copy of passport, Birth certificate etc etc Just the stuff that I can do now to save time later :)

Yay! When you posted "just shoot me" I was s-o-o-o tempted to reply "I wish I could".

Your DS-160 was likely not lost. You probably got some kind of generic reply or it went to the non-immigrant visa people who are clueless helping K1s. How can they lose an electronic file? You have a confirmation you printed, right? The talk of lost forms was more appropriate when we mailed in paper forms.

Dept of State preliminary data for 2013 says London issued 112,116 visas last year. Do the math of how many visas a day...working days less all US and UK holidays.

Visa Journey data of all London K1s says average processing time right now is 50 days between the consulate receiving the case to visa. http://www.visajourney.com/content/consulate-k1-historical

And lastly, you can fill out almost all of those AOS forms and save the file to finish later. There will be a few things you don't know yet...like arrival flight and date, marriage date...but you know your name, history, etc. And surely finding the sample forms on VJ to help you fill in the right codes will occupy your brain while you wait, Start reading the AOS forums to see where people screw up so you can avoid mistakes. Suddenly you will discover you don't really have time to worry about touches because there is a lot to learn about AOS. You won't want to be doing paperwork after you arrive, so knock most of it out now. We filed about 9 days after POE because most of it was done. The sooner you file, the sooner you you get EAD and a driver license.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Yay! When you posted "just shoot me" I was s-o-o-o tempted to reply "I wish I could".

Your DS-160 was likely not lost. You probably got some kind of generic reply or it went to the non-immigrant visa people who are clueless helping K1s. How can they lose an electronic file? You have a confirmation you printed, right? The talk of lost forms was more appropriate when we mailed in paper forms.

Dept of State preliminary data for 2013 says London issued 112,116 visas last year. Do the math of how many visas a day...working days less all US and UK holidays.

Visa Journey data of all London K1s says average processing time right now is 50 days between the consulate receiving the case to visa. http://www.visajourney.com/content/consulate-k1-historical

And lastly, you can fill out almost all of those AOS forms and save the file to finish later. There will be a few things you don't know yet...like arrival flight and date, marriage date...but you know your name, history, etc. And surely finding the sample forms on VJ to help you fill in the right codes will occupy your brain while you wait, Start reading the AOS forums to see where people screw up so you can avoid mistakes. Suddenly you will discover you don't really have time to worry about touches because there is a lot to learn about AOS. You won't want to be doing paperwork after you arrive, so knock most of it out now. We filed about 9 days after POE because most of it was done. The sooner you file, the sooner you you get EAD and a driver license.

Bahah! I'm sure you're tempted :P I would be hearing the same old stuff over and over, I will be when I go through this process to AOS etc I will look back and think, I remember that time I was like that. Well, I retrieved the old ds-160 and it said that it was submitted, But I already did another one along with an e-mail to the embassy to confirm I have done it and asking which one should I bring with me to the interview. Do you know since I've done another ds-160, Does the clock start again? the 6 weeks? In my mind i've already wasted 2 weeks with them. If I can be in the US before the 27th of November I will be glad, I put the date of 20th of November down as my travel date cause I want to book that flight that has a layover at PHL and it's got plenty of layover time allowing the POE people enough time to do what they got to do. We have our wedding planned for December 5th of this year in CA, So hoping that could still be possible

I will definitely read more into the AOS process, Since that will be the next step.

Thank you for great advice! I really appreciate it. (Even though you want to shoot me :P )

Transferred? No

Packet 3 Sent :

I actually do understand how much you wished you had answers. It is fine to share and find a buddy to compare notes with and wonder when your time will come, but you were getting mentally ill about it. I only wanted to give you something else or think about before you got locked in the psycho ward.:P:luv:

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

I actually do understand how much you wished you had answers. It is fine to share and find a buddy to compare notes with and wonder when your time will come, but you were getting mentally ill about it. I only wanted to give you something else or think about before you got locked in the psycho ward. :P:luv:

Pmsl!! :') I was pretty close to it, I'm not gonna look for anymore updates, I'll just wait for the letter. That is it. Can you believe i'm a care assistant for people with dementia. And i'm stressing over this :') I have more patience with them than the embassy people :')

Transferred? No

Packet 3 Sent :

Timeline

AOS list

Haha! Yes, you're probably right! It's probably nothing, and I'm just worriting too much! The last few days of this wait are the worst, though. Although the "'not-knowing what's going on"' bit should be hardly surprising. It's been more or less that way all along anyway.

We'll just have to wait and see.

[And thanks for the AoS link. As it turns out, I have all the forms filled out and ready to be sent already! See how much I want this to just get over!? Haha]

Timeline

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! My interview date is here. 4th of November. Yay!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.