bowens44

rescheduling of interview after sputum test

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm a bit confused. My Fiance got her results from the 3 sputum test smears today and it was negative. Obviously this is good news. Now we have to wait the 2 months for the culture result. When they told her that she had to have this test they gave a paper that said that we had to cancel our interview or THEY would not be able to reschedule it. Today when she went in for the pulmonary apportionment she was told that she would have to reschedule the appointment herself. Does anyone know which is true? Does st lukes reschedule or does she?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was told also from SLEC that I am going to schedule by myself. Since I have not yet scheduled my interview, I just set an appointment yesterday and it will be on Nov. 24, one week after the result of the culture test. Fingers crossed for a negative result.

AOS Journey:

March 30 - AOS/EAD/AP sent

April 2 - USCIS received

April 9 - NOA1

May 6 - Biometrics

May 7 - Case is ready for interview

May 21 - Request for EAD expedite

May 26 - contact congressman for EAD expedite

June 1 - EAD card in production

June 2 - EAD approved

June 6 - EAD/AP combo card received

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm a bit confused. My Fiance got her results from the 3 sputum test smears today and it was negative. Obviously this is good news. Now we have to wait the 2 months for the culture result. When they told her that she had to have this test they gave a paper that said that we had to cancel our interview or THEY would not be able to reschedule it. Today when she went in for the pulmonary apportionment she was told that she would have to reschedule the appointment herself. Does anyone know which is true? Does st lukes reschedule or does she?

There are no results after the 3- day sputum, that is just a collecting sample for the test, results is still 60 days down the road. ;)

Many times SLEC does reschedule, but I do know of times where they dropped the ball, so if they told you to reschedule then you handle.. takes the worry out.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Timeline

There are no results after the 3- day sputum, that is just a collecting sample for the test, results is still 60 days down the road. ;)

Many times SLEC does reschedule, but I do know of times where they dropped the ball, so if they told you to reschedule then you handle.. takes the worry out.

Not final results of course but I have read about cases in which the samples were found to be positive and treatment was started immediately rather then waiting for the culture results. Although I know that positive is still a possibility I'm choosing to look at this as a good sign. :rolleyes: Anyway Dec 9th is the date she will be calling back in assuming that they don't contact her with bad news prior to that.

So if all is good after DEC 9th I guess we do the rescheduling.

Timeline

Results after 3 days would only be positive, and that would be a very active case of TB for sure! Yikes!

I hope your fiancee gets NO calls for 60 days! :thumbs:

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hello I'm under sputum also. And is now waiting for my CULTURE test this coming December 3.

SLEC said that they're gonna call us as soon as the result is positive.

will they call even on weekends? or during weekdays?

ROC Timeline:

Date Filed: September 18, 2017  (California Service Center)

ROC Approved: November 28,2018

10yr GC Received: December 6, 2018

N-400 Naturalization Timeline: (ONLINE)

(Day 00)Date Submitted, Received, Cashed, NOA & NOA Letter posted online: January 30, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 01)Date NOA Letter was mailed: January 31, 2019

(Day 02)Date Case Status Update: February 1, 2019 (BIOMETRICS SCHEDULED NOTICE)

(Day 03)Date Biometrics Appointment Letter was mailed: February 2, 2019

(Day 05)Date NOA received in the mail: February 4, 2019 

(Day 06)Date Biometrics Appointment Letter posted online: February 5, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 10)Date Biometrics Appointment Letter received in the mail: February 9, 2019

(Day 23)Date of Biometrics: February 22, 2019 COMPLETED 

(Day 23)Date Case Status Update:  February 22, 2019 (BIOMETRICS ACTIVELY REVIEWED)

(Day 211)Date INTERVIEW Appointment letter was mailed: August 29, 2019

(Day 211)Date Case Status Update : August 29, 2019 (7 months from filing) (INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED)

(Day 212)Date INTERVIEW Appointment Letter posted online: August 30, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 222)Date INTERVIEW Appointment Letter received in the mail: September 7, 2019

(Day 241)Date of INTERVIEW: October 10, 2019 (8 months & 1 week from filing) (PASSED!!! )

(Day 241)Date Case Status Update: October 10, 2019 (NATURALIZATION CEREMONY WAS SCHEDULED)

(Day 241)Date OATH CEREMONY NOTICE was mailed: October 10, 2019 

(Day 243)Date OATH CEREMONY Appointment Letter posted online: October 12, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 249)Date OATH CEREMONY Appointment Letter received in the mail: October 18, 2019 

(Day 256)Date of OATH CEREMONY: October 25,2019 

I'm a bit confused. My Fiance got her results from the 3 sputum test smears today and it was negative. Obviously this is good news. Now we have to wait the 2 months for the culture result. When they told her that she had to have this test they gave a paper that said that we had to cancel our interview or THEY would not be able to reschedule it. Today when she went in for the pulmonary apportionment she was told that she would have to reschedule the appointment herself. Does anyone know which is true? Does st lukes reschedule or doe

what are the basis that an applicant will under the sputum test? is it from the result of an applicant's x-ray?.... if it is positive or not? what is your fiance'e x-ray result if i may ask.. hope i wont get rude to ask it ... coz im also going to have my medical exam on the 28 and im getting paranoid of things things .. that why i come on and ask question ...and be thankful to those who share their experience with me.... hope to hear from you... thank you

Timeline

what are the basis that an applicant will under the sputum test? is it from the result of an applicant's x-ray?.... if it is positive or not? what is your fiance'e x-ray result if i may ask.. hope i wont get rude to ask it ... coz im also going to have my medical exam on the 28 and im getting paranoid of things things .. that why i come on and ask question ...and be thankful to those who share their experience with me.... hope to hear from you... thank you

They base it on the x-ray, scaring on the lungs and they will require SPUTUM.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello I'm under sputum also. And is now waiting for my CULTURE test this coming December 3.

SLEC said that they're gonna call us as soon as the result is positive.

will they call even on weekends? or during weekdays?

Anyone got a call from SLEC? I almost died when they called me after 7 weeks of waiting. They just called to inform that due to supplier issue it will be 9 weeks instead of 8 weeks. So I will call them on the 21st, Friday but this is the tricky part, Iam going to have the interview on the 24th, Monday. I told the lady and she said I will call them on the 20th so I can have my medical on the 21st and still can attend the interview. Hope the plan will work out. Fingers crossed.

AOS Journey:

March 30 - AOS/EAD/AP sent

April 2 - USCIS received

April 9 - NOA1

May 6 - Biometrics

May 7 - Case is ready for interview

May 21 - Request for EAD expedite

May 26 - contact congressman for EAD expedite

June 1 - EAD card in production

June 2 - EAD approved

June 6 - EAD/AP combo card received

Timeline

Hi! Im just wondering if u expected for a sputum exam? I mean were your xrays before positive of scars/fibrosis? Cuz i am really anxious about my medical which is gonna be next week lol i have no history whatsoever with TB or something, i dont smoke and all my xrays in the past have been clear. But of course normally we get anxious cuz we never know lol:)) thank you!!

Timeline

SLEC is closed on the weekends and holidays, so I presume they'll only call you on the weekdays.

Of the 3 sputums you provide it only takes 1 of them to go positive to be classified TB.

Best of luck passing the X-ray machine. Most people do fine on that.

Edited by luckytwo15

Timeline

They base it on the x-ray, scaring on the lungs and they will require SPUTUM.

Hey there Hank. Question. My wife is at St. Lukes now. She passed her physicals just fine for her CR1 Visa and got her immunizations. Her 4 year old daughter was given the TB skin test yesterday and it showed negative. They gave her another TB skin test today and it showed positive supposedly. They directed our step daughter to get an Xray and just told her to come back tomorrow.

I made our Embassy interview for Nov 25th. I already bought a plane ticket and was going to make reservations for a condo to stay at. Not sure if I should just cancel my trip at this point.

1.) Don't they usually read the xrays immediately and tell you if the sputum test is going to be required?

2.) If that's the case, and the 4 year old is going to have to have sputum cultures, does that mean she'll be going back and forth to St. Lukes each day? They live in Cavite and it gets to be cumbersome for them to travel back and forth since she doesn't drive nor have personal transportation.

3.) If the sputum is required, thats going to be an automatic 60 days wait for cultures to develop. Right? And if positive, another 6 months treatment?

4.) Since my wife will be cleared for her Visa, should I just go and interview with her for her Visa? I'm just worried her daughter won't be cleared. I'm hoping she will be and it will all work out. But should we get my wifes Visa done with 1st if my step daughter gets held back?

Our step daughter was treated for TB because her Grandmother was infected and infected my wifes sister as well. Of course, they were all living under the same roof. Everybody went under the 6 month treatment in the house and the grandmother no longer lives with them. I told my wife don't tell St. Lukes anything. Let them find out if she's got something. I didn't want to tip them off. An earlier xray about 2 months ago showed scarring on her 4 year old lungs. I'm going to assume they're going to require her to get the sputum tests and probably put her on the TB drugs again.

Of course....you've been my guiding light so far. Oh Ohbeewhan....please help me! =D

Thanks in advance.

Timeline

Hey there Hank. Question. My wife is at St. Lukes now. She passed her physicals just fine for her CR1 Visa and got her immunizations. Her 4 year old daughter was given the TB skin test yesterday and it showed negative. They gave her another TB skin test today and it showed positive supposedly. They directed our step daughter to get an Xray and just told her to come back tomorrow.

I made our Embassy interview for Nov 25th. I already bought a plane ticket and was going to make reservations for a condo to stay at. Not sure if I should just cancel my trip at this point.

1.) Don't they usually read the xrays immediately and tell you if the sputum test is going to be required?

2.) If that's the case, and the 4 year old is going to have to have sputum cultures, does that mean she'll be going back and forth to St. Lukes each day? They live in Cavite and it gets to be cumbersome for them to travel back and forth since she doesn't drive nor have personal transportation.

3.) If the sputum is required, thats going to be an automatic 60 days wait for cultures to develop. Right? And if positive, another 6 months treatment?

4.) Since my wife will be cleared for her Visa, should I just go and interview with her for her Visa? I'm just worried her daughter won't be cleared. I'm hoping she will be and it will all work out. But should we get my wifes Visa done with 1st if my step daughter gets held back?

Our step daughter was treated for TB because her Grandmother was infected and infected my wifes sister as well. Of course, they were all living under the same roof. Everybody went under the 6 month treatment in the house and the grandmother no longer lives with them. I told my wife don't tell St. Lukes anything. Let them find out if she's got something. I didn't want to tip them off. An earlier xray about 2 months ago showed scarring on her 4 year old lungs. I'm going to assume they're going to require her to get the sputum tests and probably put her on the TB drugs again.

Of course....you've been my guiding light so far. Oh Ohbeewhan....please help me! =D

Thanks in advance.

How quickly they read the x-ray depends on how busy they are. But you will know the results quickly.

If the little one has to complete the Sputum it is 3-days of collection (3 trips to SLEC), then 60 days of waiting. And yes if the culture is positive it will be 6 months of daily trips to SLEC.

Delays suck, but TB kills, so better for it to be caught and cured.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Initially there are 3 sputum samples collected over 3 days. This occurs sometime around a week or so after the initial x-ray shows signs of past or present TB. Those samples are used to determine if the suspected case is in fact TB. It only takes one of those samples to go positive for the case to be classified as TB positive. We received our call from SLEC about 3 weeks after the sputum collection.

After positive determination, SLEC does a series of 3 sputum tests during the 6 month DOT process. Each test is 2 samples. The final 2 sputum samples are collected at the end of the 5th month of DOT. Those are taken over 2 days, 24 hours apart. That culture will marinade for 2 months. The DOT is weekdays at SLEC and they're closed on weekends and holidays. There's a return trip required at the end of the 7th month to get the final sputum results, redo medical and to get the treatment paperwork.

It's a 9 month process from the point of X-ray detection. That's if all goes well.

Edited by luckytwo15

Anyone got a call from SLEC? I almost died when they called me after 7 weeks of waiting. They just called to inform that due to supplier issue it will be 9 weeks instead of 8 weeks. So I will call them on the 21st, Friday but this is the tricky part, Iam going to have the interview on the 24th, Monday. I told the lady and she said I will call them on the 20th so I can have my medical on the 21st and still can attend the interview. Hope the plan will work out. Fingers crossed.

ROC Timeline:

Date Filed: September 18, 2017  (California Service Center)

ROC Approved: November 28,2018

10yr GC Received: December 6, 2018

N-400 Naturalization Timeline: (ONLINE)

(Day 00)Date Submitted, Received, Cashed, NOA & NOA Letter posted online: January 30, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 01)Date NOA Letter was mailed: January 31, 2019

(Day 02)Date Case Status Update: February 1, 2019 (BIOMETRICS SCHEDULED NOTICE)

(Day 03)Date Biometrics Appointment Letter was mailed: February 2, 2019

(Day 05)Date NOA received in the mail: February 4, 2019 

(Day 06)Date Biometrics Appointment Letter posted online: February 5, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 10)Date Biometrics Appointment Letter received in the mail: February 9, 2019

(Day 23)Date of Biometrics: February 22, 2019 COMPLETED 

(Day 23)Date Case Status Update:  February 22, 2019 (BIOMETRICS ACTIVELY REVIEWED)

(Day 211)Date INTERVIEW Appointment letter was mailed: August 29, 2019

(Day 211)Date Case Status Update : August 29, 2019 (7 months from filing) (INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED)

(Day 212)Date INTERVIEW Appointment Letter posted online: August 30, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 222)Date INTERVIEW Appointment Letter received in the mail: September 7, 2019

(Day 241)Date of INTERVIEW: October 10, 2019 (8 months & 1 week from filing) (PASSED!!! )

(Day 241)Date Case Status Update: October 10, 2019 (NATURALIZATION CEREMONY WAS SCHEDULED)

(Day 241)Date OATH CEREMONY NOTICE was mailed: October 10, 2019 

(Day 243)Date OATH CEREMONY Appointment Letter posted online: October 12, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 249)Date OATH CEREMONY Appointment Letter received in the mail: October 18, 2019 

(Day 256)Date of OATH CEREMONY: October 25,2019 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.