My&Truong

DS-160 Need help again

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys!!!

Is it ok if I signed and summitted DS-160 online before receiving package 3 (waiting on it still)? And also if it got any minstake what I should do? That was all my fault. I am so nervous now. I carelessly signed it and I am worried I got any error. No way for me to edit.

Please help and advise, thank you!!!!

My and Truong
:) :D :star: :dancing: (L)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I found this, Don't panic. Although it's true that the State Department has not provided a way to go back into an already-completed DS-160, alternatives do exist. (You are not the first person to have faced a similar problem!) You have two options, as follows:

Check how many days have gone by since you submitted the original application. If it is less than 30 days, go back to the "Apply for a Nonimmigrant Visa" page of the State Department website. Click the tab for Retrieve an Application. You will be asked to enter your application ID number. Next, the system will ask whether you want to go to the confirmation page or create a new application. Select create a new application, and your whole application will appear, except the part about your travel plans to the United States. At that point, you can edit and update the information and submit it once again. You will be given a new confirmation and bar code.

The second option depends on your having saved onto your computer the data file, called a ".DAT file," from your original application. If you did, you can draw on the information you submitted by again going to the "Apply for a Nonimmigrant Visa" page of the State Department website. This time, click the "Upload an Application" tab. You will be given instructions for accessing your saved file. There is no time limit on this method. After making your changes, save and submit the new application. You will be given a new confirmation and bar code.

The next issue you will need to deal with is whether you used the first DS-160 submission to book your visa appointment or pay the MRV fee. If so, you will need to bring to your interview BOTH the confirmation pages from the new and the original Form DS-160, showing the two separate barcodes.

event.png

Our Journey

K-1 Visa

09/13/2014 - I-129F Sent

09/16/2014 - NOA1

04/08/2015 - NOA2 (204 Days)

04/14/2015 - NVC Received

05/04/2015 - Consulate Received

05/12/2015 - Packet 3 Received

05/13/2015 - Packet 3 Sent

07/08/2015 - Interview - Approved (295 Days)

07/29/2015 - POE - Houston

08/03/2015 - Married

AOS

10/01/2015 - I-485, I-131 and I-765 Sent

10/05/2015 - NOA Receipt

10/26/2015 - Biometrics

12/28/2015 - Filed Service Request For EAD

12/29/2015 - AP/EAD Approved (89 Days)

01/07/2016 - AP/EAD Combo Card Received

02/16/2016 - AOS Approved (137 Days)

02/24/2016 - Green Card Received

ROC

11/18/2017 - ROC 90 day window opens

Thank you @Longrangeshootr so much!!!

I did ask my consultant and he said it would be alright. My visa will not be denied because of one mistake I am not able to correct. The only thing I should do is when I come to the interview, I will tell them about that error. They will be willing to fix it.

Hopefully, this answer could help somebody getting mistakes like I did.

My and Truong
:) :D :star: :dancing: (L)

My fiancee did not realize she had made a couple of mistakes on her DS160 before paying the visa fee and scheduling her interview appt. I helped her file a new DS160 with the correct info and we brought both the old and new DS160 confirmation pages to her interview. We were told to turn in the new DS160 when we submitted the paperwork at the ticket booth.

Just fill out a new DS160 with the correct info and bring the new DS160 confirmation page to your interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.