Sign in to follow this  
EdenG

Israeli Police Certificate at NVC Stage - Question - Please Help

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Israel
Timeline

Hi!

Quick question. We have the Israeli police certificate, but rather than directly providing it to us, the police department said that they send it directly to the consulate in Jersualem. I know that the police certificate is required for the IV packet. Does it need to be directly in the packet itself or is it ok that it was sent to the consulate? I've tried calling the NVC, but the line is always busy. Hopefully someone has an answer.

Thanks!

The NVC is aware that the Israeli police certificates are sent directly to the consulate. This is okay. :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Glad you asked... I just got a checklist for the IV packet because I did not include military records. Aren't Israelis also required to bring the discharge form to the Consulate? Did I need to include the military record in my IV packet?

Glad you asked... I just got a checklist for the IV packet because I did not include military records. Aren't Israelis also required to bring the discharge form to the Consulate? Did I need to include the military record in my IV packet?

Yes you needed to include it in the IV package.

Military Records

Israel:

Available.

Israelis who have served in active duty in the Israeli Defense Forces receive a military release (Teudat Shikhrur) upon completion of service. In lieu of the military release, form AF435 may be requested from the Office of the Adjutant General, Ramat Gan, Israel. Israelis who have not served in the army should possess an exemption certificate (Teudat Ptor) or a similar document issued by the Israeli Defense Forces.

The Palestinian Authority (Gaza And West Bank):

Not applicable.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.