ksm999vj

New delhi consulate K1 visa interview

5 posts in this topic

1. will they let the petitioner in the interview and inside the building in new delhi

2. can you bring even the extra documents that might be needed if there were a 221g white slip just incase they ask

3. has anoyne had a religous ceremeny /celebration not a legal one. It is my understanding that foreign nationals cannot marry in India except under the special marriage act and that requires being in india for a long time (something like 60 days)

4 which is the correct affidavit of support form number for K1 (134 or 864)

5 any format for notarized statement from parents of the girl on engagement (required in case they ask)

is that correct?

evidence of relationship

1. phone bills

2 ,airline ticket

3. chat messages

4.photos

5. photos of gifts sent

6. email of gift sent

has anyone been rejected and what happens if that does unfortunately occur?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi, I can answer only number 4

4 which is the correct affidavit of support form number for K1 (134 or 864) / The correct form is I 134

evidence of relationship / You should be fine with this evidence

1. phone bills

2 ,airline ticket

3. chat messages

4.photos

5. photos of gifts sent

6. email of gift sent

has anyone been rejected and what happens if that does unfortunately occur? / Get this possibility out of your mind, stay calm :)

Edited by SweetOpossum

Philippians 4: 6-7. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

1. will they let the petitioner in the interview and inside the building in new delhi Yes, because New Delhi is an Embassy, the petitioner can and should attend. (Mumbai is a Consulate and they do not allow the petitioner inside - just FYI)

2. can you bring even the extra documents that might be needed if there were a 221g white slip just incase they ask Yes, but bring in a plastic bag. Purses, brief cases, cell phones, and things of this nature are not permitted and I believe there is no place to store these items.

3. has anoyne had a religous ceremeny /celebration not a legal one. It is my understanding that foreign nationals cannot marry in India except under the special marriage act and that requires being in india for a long time (something like 60 days) If you are filing a petition for a K1 Fiance Visa, you wouldn't be marrying in India. This visa is a one time entry for the fiance/fiancee to come to the U.S. and marry within 90 days of arrival. (We filed a CR1 Spousal petition and I married my fiance in India under the Hindu Marriage Act having a conversion ceremony, a marriage ceremony and registration all in one day)

4 which is the correct affidavit of support form number for K1 (134 or 864) Previously answered

5 any format for notarized statement from parents of the girl on engagement (required in case they ask) Read the K1Guide here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

is that correct?

evidence of relationship Previously answered

1. phone bills

2 ,airline ticket

3. chat messages

4.photos

5. photos of gifts sent

6. email of gift sent

has anyone been rejected and what happens if that does unfortunately occur? Yes, we were denied under a K1. It happens sometimes but there are various forms of denials and each case is different. Sometimes just a 221G is issued in which they need additional documents, or additional processing for various reasons such as name checks, etc. In the end, a visa may or may not be issued. With that being said, there are many more that are approved so stay informed and educate yourself as much as possible. Read the guides, portals and forums for further information.

Best of luck to you!

Our CR1 Journey

Met - 1/14/2010 // Engaged - 3/6/2011

K1 filed - 6/8/11 // Interview @ Mumbai Consulate - 1/5/2012: Denied // USCIS final decision - 3/15/2013; administratively closed and free to file again without prejudice

Married in Delhi - 1/30/2014

Sent I-130: 4/7/2014 NOA 1: 4/10/2014

NOA 2: 11/13/2014 (after 217 days)

NVC Received: 11/26/2014 (13 days from USCIS to the NVC)  // Case # & IIN # received - 12/29/2014 (via phone to NVC) Also sent email to get case transferred to New Delhi

NVC Welcome Letter received: 12/30/2014

Submit DS-261: 12/30/2014 // Paid AOS Bill: 1/2/2015  // Received IV Bill & Paid: 1/13/2015 (CEAC shows PAID 1/15/15) // DS-260 submitted: 1/17/2015

AOS & IV packages sent via FedEx: 1/19/2015  // AOS/IV packages received: 1/21/2015 @ 9:58 am (Signed for by: G. Waters) Scan date: 1/21/2015

60-Day Email from NVC: 1/24/2015 2nd 60-Day Email from NVC: 1/26/2015 (OK...I get it, it's taking 60 days.... sigh)

Reply from NVC re: Transfer to New Delhi : 2/16/2015 (Told to contact New Delhi...49 days wasted for no help at all!)

CASE COMPLETE!!: 3/12/2015 (50 days) // Case Complete Email Received: 3/19/2015 (7 days from CC date)

Interview Date Received via phone inquiry to NVC: 3/24/2015 // Packet 4 (Interview letter/Instructions) received: 3/25/2015

Medical Completed: 3/30/2015 // CEAC status: In transit to Mumbai and shows READY as of 4/1/2015

Biometrics Completed: 5/4/2015 // Received call from Embassy 5/11/2015 asking if we want to transfer to Delhi.....huh? One week prior to interview? Ummm.... no thanks!

INTERVIEW!! 5/18/2015 @ 7:30 am ~ Mumbai Consulate  RESULT: APPROVED!!!

Visa in hand: 05/20/2015 (Yay!) ELIS Fee ($165) paid this day as well

POE: 05/29/2015 Newark 

SSN card received: 6/8/2015 (processed on 6/2/2015) // ELIS shows "Optimized" since 5/30/2015  // ELIS changed to "In Process" 07/14/2015. (E-file received 06/25/15)

GREEN CARD RECEIVED!! 7/30/2015

ROC

Sent:  3/22/2017 | $680 Check cashed: 4/3/2017

NOA1: 3/30/2017 (Rcvd 4/3/2017)

Biometrics Appt letter received: 4/22/2017 - Biometrics date:  5/3/2017 - Done. Hubby said they were super friendly in the Pittsburgh field office! 

thanks for your answers.

I guess some more questions. NWD is apparently asking for secondary evidence for some applicants.

1 Notarized explanation from you and your petitioner of how and when you first met and why you decided to get engaged.
2 List of all engagement ceremony guests,their relationship to you,their addresses and their phone numbers.
3 Itemized emails and/or postmarked letters or cards between you and your fiancee.
4 Photos of you and the petitioner before,during,and after your engagement.
5 Notarized statement signed by the applicant's parents discussing their views of the engagement.
6 Notarized copy of your fiancee's passport.
7 Voter's ID card and Voter's list for the past 5 years of the beneficiary

any suggestions on 1,4,5

anyone know what a voters list for 5 years is and how to get it

anyone know the FAM sections that explain how they process in new delhi.

can we get a letter from the senator before the interview addressed to consulate and submit this to avoid additional harrassment

if they deny us what options do we have for appeal or review immediately.

if we decide to just get married immediately in india if they reject, is this possible without waiting 30 days as i cant keep getting vacation. we prefer a marriage under US laws and may want to invite my friends and colalgesues as well as her friends.

also, if a fiance visa is issued, is it mandatory to get married in the US, i mean can we get married in Paris on the way to the US. It is after all a romantic city

if the visa is issued, how long does New Delhi take to stamp the passport. tickets are expensive if booked at the last minute

finally looking forward to hearing from anyone who has gone through rejection for a visa and how they overcome it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.