jack1564

so i did my medical yesterday in santo domingo

11 posts in this topic

so i wanted to share with you guys how everything went at the consultorios de visa here in DR :

first of all the traffic is crazy in santo domingo around 8/9 am! so plan your travel with that in mind

at arriving there you are scanned by security and asked to turn off your phone and place it in a locker if you have any then you are given a little bag where you will place little bottoms which represents the test you have already done.

you also have to sign your 3 2x2 photos in the back with your first name and last name...and this is where the fun Begins .....

there is a huge section where you make a line* to pay for your test and it was CROWDED !!!! the staff professionally instruct you where to be and what to do at that point so listen to them carefully so you don't get confuse with all thats going on there !!

after like 3 hours or so you get to the cashier where you pay for your medical and you are asked if you are going to be doing the vaccines too, they inform you how much all is and they asked some question while they check your passport, the pics and the letter from the embassy, after that you go to the back of the place where there is another section where the consultorios are...

you can go to door 1 directly where they will perform the xrays then to door 2 to do the blood sample, after that you need to wait to be called to do the physical check and while everything is in order be on the lookout of the people who were before you on the line, if you see they are been called pay attention because you are next and if you are not call you can approach a staff guy/woman in a desk in that area and tell him what test you just did so he can put you back in the loop, im saying this because there is a lot going on ! children playing or crying, people walking up and down and its kind of confusing a bit

after the physical test you are called to do the vaccines if you are taking them and then you can go but there are other test for children but i dont know anything after the vaccination test

i hope this help someone who are going to do this to have a idea what happens in there, the staff is very professional and informative so ask if you have questions and btw eat something and wear something light since its kind of hot !

also they put a sticker on the back of the passport indicating the day where you should pick up the results so you can take them UNOPENED to your interview

Happy you got that over with. How much did you havr to pay for the medical? I know it varies with age

AOS Timeline (L)

March 23: Marriage

June 10: Mailed AOS via USPS 2 day priority delivery

June 12: USCIS Received paperwork

June 17: NOA1-Text messages confirming AP/EAD and AOS

June 23: NOA1- Hard copy AP/EAD and AOS

June 27: Biometrics Letter in the mail for July 7th

July 7: Biometrics Appointment

August 21: EAD Approval (Email Notification)

August 24: AP Approval (Email Notification)

August 25: Hard Copy NOA2 Received for EAD/AP

August 25: EAD/AP Card is Mailed/Document Production

August 28: EAD/AP Combo Card Received

October 8: AOS update: Card/ Document production (NO NPIW letter or Interview)

October 9: AOS "Decision"

October 13: Notice to Conditional Permanent Resident Alien letter received

October 19: Green card delivered :-)

Happy you got that over with. How much did you havr to pay for the medical? I know it varies with age

Hey stefani, how did you find out your interview date?? Im waiting for mine

i suggest you to check the interview list that the embassy post every month using your case #, thats how i find out about mine and it was just 20 days away when they added to the list !!!! http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/scheduled_appointments.html

The medical was 8300 pesos and I only paid 1350 for the vaccines since they didn't think I need them all

Did you take your old vaccines with u? -that's hire thru know what u need or not right??

If your papers arrived to santo domingo, and it is a month that they artived, just e-mail the consulate.

In the subject type the case number, in the e-mail type the beneficiary name and birth day and patitioner too.

And the case number, then ask for your interview date, they will answer usually in 2 bussiness day.

I couldnt wait for them to email me back so I called them. But an email will work just fine

AOS Timeline (L)

March 23: Marriage

June 10: Mailed AOS via USPS 2 day priority delivery

June 12: USCIS Received paperwork

June 17: NOA1-Text messages confirming AP/EAD and AOS

June 23: NOA1- Hard copy AP/EAD and AOS

June 27: Biometrics Letter in the mail for July 7th

July 7: Biometrics Appointment

August 21: EAD Approval (Email Notification)

August 24: AP Approval (Email Notification)

August 25: Hard Copy NOA2 Received for EAD/AP

August 25: EAD/AP Card is Mailed/Document Production

August 28: EAD/AP Combo Card Received

October 8: AOS update: Card/ Document production (NO NPIW letter or Interview)

October 9: AOS "Decision"

October 13: Notice to Conditional Permanent Resident Alien letter received

October 19: Green card delivered :-)

Did you take your old vaccines with u? -that's hire thru know what u need or not right??

no i didnt but you can, i dont remember the last time i was sick enough to go to the hospital, they ask you some questions and base on those they decide what vaccines you need

I couldnt wait for them to email me back so I called them. But an email will work just fine

this ^^^^ i received packaged 4...4 business days before my interview !!!! so that obviously wouldn't had been enough time to receive my medical results in time !!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.