K415

Come to know about correction after 60 days

8 posts in this topic

I just called in NVC, they told me that there is a correction in affidavit of support, but they didn't told me that what is the correction. They asked me to wait for official mail to get further explanation. In addition to this they are asking me to give original police clearance and birth certificate, fortunately I have all the document with me. Is there anyone who have received this type of problem from NVC. We had lawyer who was looking into our case. So I don't know what how he does mistake in submitting affidavit of support. Also, he took several days to submit our applications. This is too much from the the lawyer. Please advice me on this issue. Also advice me where could the mistake is possible??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I just called in NVC, they told me that there is a correction in affidavit of support, but they didn't told me that what is the correction. They asked me to wait for official mail to get further explanation. In addition to this they are asking me to give original police clearance and birth certificate, fortunately I have all the document with me. Is there anyone who have received this type of problem from NVC. We had lawyer who was looking into our case. So I don't know what how he does mistake in submitting affidavit of support. Also, he took several days to submit our applications. This is too much from the the lawyer. Please advice me on this issue. Also advice me where could the mistake is possible??

You are getting a checklist for the IV package because you submitted copies and not the originals. NVC requires the originals or certified copies. You must send those in. Your lawyer should have known this.

The AOS checklist you will have to wait. Do you get emails from NVC or is everything going just to your lawyer?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

You are getting a checklist for the IV package because you submitted copies and not the originals. NVC requires the originals or certified copies. You must send those in. Your lawyer should have known this.

The AOS checklist you will have to wait. Do you get emails from NVC or is everything going just to your lawyer?

Our lawyer already sent in all the documents. And today when I called in NVC, they told me that there is a correction in affidavit of support. Our lawyer already collected signed I-864. ( Honestly speaking lawyer left no stones in delaying visa process).

Affidavit of support must be sent after checklist or before receiving check list??? Please let me know.

I already gathered my documents ( Birth certificate and police clearance).

Timeline

Our lawyer already sent in all the documents. And today when I called in NVC, they told me that there is a correction in affidavit of support. Our lawyer already collected signed I-864. ( Honestly speaking lawyer left no stones in delaying visa process).

Affidavit of support must be sent after checklist or before receiving check list??? Please let me know.

I already gathered my documents ( Birth certificate and police clearance).

I don't know what you mean "Affidavit of support must be sent after checklist or before receiving check list??"

They said there was an error so now you have to wait for your checklist that will come via email on what the mistake/issue is. Correct that submit updated I-864 and whatever else they are asking.

As far as the IV documents you say you have all that you need but you then say the lawyer submitted all the documents but you have the originals. So confused. Was the IV package sent in without the originals?

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

well my wife had gave him original marriage certificate and birth certificates of both of us. In addition to this she gave me financial proof he needed. Tax evidence of 2012 and 2014. So I guess this would be the content of IV package. Lawyer made clear that he had submitted all the necessary things. We were relaxed, since I had received mail saying it will take 60 days on 8th august 2014. But then today when I called I came to know about error in affidavit of support. Also they asked me to submit police clearance ( well that I will submit). But Lawyer should have checked since he took 20 days extra after we paid fees, to arrange document. When I yelled at him at that time he rushed his job. This is really ridiculous. If because of him I am facing this problem he is sure going to pay big price of it.

I don't know what you mean "Affidavit of support must be sent after checklist or before receiving check list??"

They said there was an error so now you have to wait for your checklist that will come via email on what the mistake/issue is. Correct that submit updated I-864 and whatever else they are asking.

As far as the IV documents you say you have all that you need but you then say the lawyer submitted all the documents but you have the originals. So confused. Was the IV package sent in without the originals?

In original documents I have only police clearance certificate. We already submitted our birth certificates while filing at USCIS. But now NVC is asking for my original birth certificate. I am confused too. Luckily I asked my father to apply for one more copy of birth certificate. So I have one more copy with me. If NVC ask me about original then I won't argue with NVC and will submit the one which I have. I am very stressed because this thing is going ages. I haven't received mail from NVC yet. So I can't go and do anything. I have called my attorney asked him to find out and recheck where was the error. So if needed just ready with document and when we receive any email from NVC we just need to submit all the require document to NVC. But I know he won't do that.

Timeline

In original documents I have only police clearance certificate. We already submitted our birth certificates while filing at USCIS. But now NVC is asking for my original birth certificate. I am confused too. Luckily I asked my father to apply for one more copy of birth certificate. So I have one more copy with me. If NVC ask me about original then I won't argue with NVC and will submit the one which I have. I am very stressed because this thing is going ages. I haven't received mail from NVC yet. So I can't go and do anything. I have called my attorney asked him to find out and recheck where was the error. So if needed just ready with document and when we receive any email from NVC we just need to submit all the require document to NVC. But I know he won't do that.

Whatever documents you submitted to USCIS you have to submit originals to NVC In the IV package you nneded

2 Passport Pics

Original Birth certificate or certified copy

Original Police Certificate

Biographical pages of your passport

Your Divorce decree(if applicable)

Military Records (if applicable)

So all this has to be in your IV package. Why your lawyer sent all that to USCIS obvious he can't read instructions. Sorry for all your delay. Hope you get it all sorted out.

ROC I-751

N-400

Whatever documents you submitted to USCIS you have to submit originals to NVC In the IV package you nneded

2 Passport Pics

Original Birth certificate or certified copy

Original Police Certificate

Biographical pages of your passport

Your Divorce decree(if applicable)

Military Records (if applicable)

So all this has to be in your IV package. Why your lawyer sent all that to USCIS obvious he can't read instructions. Sorry for all your delay. Hope you get it all sorted out.

I can't define my attorney ( how much incapable person is he). Yeah I hope too. He took everything from us and didn't submitted ( I think). Well when I called in NVC they told me they will need to copies of police certificate. Let me receive Check list. He made a biggest mess ever.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.