vonniehk

Good references in Spanish for K1 process??

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hola todos,

Is there a good reference in Spanish for all of the Visa procedures that I can send to my fiance in Costa Rica? He is of limited/barely any English and I want him to have as much information to prepare as I do here with the wonderful Visa Journey site. I have submitted a K1 and have recently received the NOA1/Texas service center update.

Thank you very much for your help!

Try the regional subforums here- http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/100-regional-discussion/

You may be able to find someone willing to translate or have traslated items already.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Thank you for the recommendation but that is why I posted here on the regional subforum and not on the main board--I figured this board has come across this topic in the past. I can translate the basics, that is not the problem. I am looking for links to visa K1 information already in Spanish so that my significant other can read as well. Thus far I've shared all the info on this site as much as I can translate but it would be helpful if he had a resource to read on his own (in Spanish) to add to our discussions.

If anyone knows, I'd appreciate the input.

Thanks again,

y+f

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thank you for the recommendation but that is why I posted here on the regional subforum and not on the main board--I figured this board has come across this topic in the past. I can translate the basics, that is not the problem. I am looking for links to visa K1 information already in Spanish so that my significant other can read as well. Thus far I've shared all the info on this site as much as I can translate but it would be helpful if he had a resource to read on his own (in Spanish) to add to our discussions.

If anyone knows, I'd appreciate the input.

Thanks again,

y+f

I know that the process can vary from country to country but what I can recommend is for him to read the COLOMBIANOS CON VISA K-1 threads (there are currently 7 threads). By reading those, he can familiarize himself with the basics since the posts contain questions and answers regarding the process.

Here's the latest link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/473585-colombianos-con-visa-k-1-continuacion-7/

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

The 2nd post is a good review of AOS - it's good to understand how that works as well, so you can prepare as much in advance and make sure you bring all the right papers from CR.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/301640-colombianos-ajuste-status-k1-p-2/

April 27, 2016: I-751 mailed

May 2: I-751 received

May ??? NOA1

May 12: Check cashed

May 31: Biometrics appointment scheduled

June 1: Biometrics appointment letter arrives!

June 2: Biometrics walk-in

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.