windo

Interview docs??

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone got a few more questions about the docs required for the interview.

When looking at the list of requirements for documents needed for the interview, there are few that I need to get some clarification on.

They ask for her to bring proof of any previous marriages being dissolved, here is my question, I have already provided that information in the package that I sent to USCIS, from what I understand this package is then sent to NVC and then to the Consulate, so do I need to provide her with a copy of these documents too for the interview?

I know that i need to send all the financial paperwork, question on the employment verification. I am going through something with my mortgage company and they had me get a form filled out by my employer, can I send that? I do have something from my employer, they use a third party company to handle the employment verification and I have documentation from them, but would it help to also send a copy of the one from my mortgage company too?

Thank you for your help through this process, this forum has been a big help in getting us prepared for this process.

Brian and Leovi

June 8th 2014 - I-129F received and accepted by USCIS

August 8th, 2014 - USCIS approves I-129F

August 13th, 2014 - Receive I-797, USCIS approval Letter

August 15th, 2014 - USCIS mails packet to NVC

August 28th, 2014 - NVC approves and mails to Consulate

September 4th, 2014 - Receive letter from Consulate

September 19th, 2014 - Pay interview fee

September 21st, 2014 - Schedule interview for October 17th, 2014

October 17th,2014 - Visa Approved

November - Received visa and sealed documents (Sorry cannot remember dates)

November 23, 2014 - Arrived in the United States

December - Married

April - Filing AOS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello everyone got a few more questions about the docs required for the interview.

When looking at the list of requirements for documents needed for the interview, there are few that I need to get some clarification on.

1.They ask for her to bring proof of any previous marriages being dissolved, here is my question, I have already provided that information in the package that I sent to USCIS, from what I understand this package is then sent to NVC and then to the Consulate, so do I need to provide her with a copy of these documents too for the interview?

2. I know that i need to send all the financial paperwork, question on the employment verification. I am going through something with my mortgage company and they had me get a form filled out by my employer, can I send that? I do have something from my employer, they use a third party company to handle the employment verification and I have documentation from them, but would it help to also send a copy of the one from my mortgage company too?

Thank you for your help through this process, this forum has been a big help in getting us prepared for this process.

Brian and Leovi

1. you were supposed to send photocopies to USCIS. DOS/IV Unit/Manila - want's to see certified copies, issued by the court.

2. current annual income, for 2014? if yes, by all means, it's include-able.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

hopeful 4 xmas, thank you for the suggestion, but I have not been able to find a way to edit the title, do you know how?

Darnell, thank you for the reply. Just to make sure I understand. I did send copies to the USCIS of my divorce and I do believe original copies of her CENOMAR also. So does the consulate need originals of my divorce decree? I have looked on the site and they just state proof nothing about them having to be originals. I have signed and dated the copies that I sent and I plan to send signed and dated copies to her, will that be enough or do I need to have originals?

Thank you all for your help.

Brian and Leovi.

December - Married

April - Filing AOS

Timeline

Sorry have an update, just reread the required documents section again and it does state "if applicable" for the official documents for the divorce decree.

Another question, when I submitted the package to USCIS, I included the required photos, as I believe was stated on this site, if I remember correctly, does she still need to bring the three photos to the interview?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure she is prepared so all goes smoothly.

Thanks,

Brian and Leovi

December - Married

April - Filing AOS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i stand by original answers - doesn't matter if you rephrase the questions.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

You need to search a few people who have been through this at the Manila Consulate.

Go to Portals on top of the screen and once there clicknon Philippines and start asking people who have been through it.

In my opinion if it says to bring it then bring it. Unless someone here guarantee you that you will not need then bring it.

My fiancee has to trabel for over three hours by group taxi, bus and train. She will be brining two copies of the original packet and all of the additional information stated in packet 3 & 4. Why because the packet says to and we are going to get denied or delayed because something is missing.

Additionally she has had two more passport photos made. Our packet 3 says to bring them so we are bringing them.

We are following the instructions on what to bring. What is not needed we will shred and / or burn later.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.