3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Tomorrow marks 60 days from interview. Last year my fiance was refused but was told he would be eligible to apply again 1 Aug. He received another interview date 8 Aug. In all cases that I'm aware of, the ceac will state "ready" when they are ready for the interview. In our case, they never changed the status from refused. At the interview he was given a 221g due to the fact we didn't have time to get the medical done and get the packet prior to the interview. On 15 Aug, they acknowledged receipt of the medical packet. 18 Aug, we received an email letting us know it's in administrative processing, yet our status remained refused. Again on 25 Aug, we received another email stating they needed an additional 2-3 weeks form review and to contact them in 3 weeks if we haven't heard anything. After the 3 weeks, we contacted them again, just to hear we are still in AP but when I ask why our status still states refused, they tell us they are systematic and treat each applicant on a first come, first serve basis but each case is different. In addition they state to make sure we're registered with DHL. I didn't worry as we had been registered from a year earlier. Mid Sept, I decide to look at the dhl site and realize they had updated their system but, again, thought we were set. 19 Sept, we get an email saying they will send off the visa once we're registered. One would assume they're ready to issue the visa, correct?

Of course, at this point, we contact DHL and they inform us that when they updated the system everyone was deleted out. I couldn't understand why I wasn't informed of this fact but proceeded to create an account. Come Monday 22 Sept, we assumed we would be issued, or worse case sometime that week. I emailed the embassy again requesting an update, and was told they would send the visa to DHL once it's issued. Here we are 60 days after the interview, almost 6 weeks after the email requesting an additional 3 weeks for review, and 2 weeks after being told the visa would be sent off once we're registered....just stuck on "ready" without any explanation from the embassy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I know my friend how frustrated, angry, and upset you and your fiancé must be. I feel so bad for you. The inefficiency and indifferent attitude are unacceptable. I wish I knew of something that could help you. Maybe someone more experienced will offer a suggestion. I pray visa is in his hands soon so u can finally begin life together! Your perseverance, strength, and determination are admirable!! God Bless You! (And soon!!)

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Waiver and Admin Processing (221g) Forum~

~Similar topics are often discussed at this forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.