RW365

Booking medical exam before London receives the case

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello - I just got my case number from NVC and called Knightsbridge Doctors to book my medical, and got told off by the lady on the phone for calling before the embassy in London notified me that my application was here. I know it makes sense to book the medical after London knows that I exist, but isn't it the case that most people try and expedite the process by booking the medical as soon as they have the case number from NVC? Did anyone else encounter this rule? What if I do not disclose that my case is not here yet? Obviously, I will wait, if I absolutely have to - but having waited so long for TSC to get its act together, I'm getting just a little impatient now. Any thoughts/experiences?

Thanks!

12 May 2014: Mailed 129F packet to Dallas lockbox

21 May 2014: NOA1 from TSC

18 Sep 2014: NOA2

23 Sep 2014: Case sent to NVC

30 Sep 2014: NVC received + case number generated

06 Oct 2014: Left NVC

08 Oct 2014: Medical exam

09 Oct 2014: Case reached embassy in London

09 Oct 2014: DS-160 and Applicant Readiness form submitted

21 Oct 2014: Interview letter received

29 Oct 2014: Interview --> Approved!

07 Nov 2014: Visa in hand

08 Nov 2014: LHR --> BOS [Finally!!]

Timeline

Roger I did mostly what you did - but waited until the very day the embassy recieved my file. I didnt tell the lady on the phone this though.

As soon as i had my LND number from the NVC i kept checking my status on the ceac website, sent, in transit, embassy received etc.

Then as soon as i knew the embassy had created my file, i booked the medical. This was WELL before i actually received packet 3.

You can shave off a good few weeks doing this.

12/03/14 Package sent

20/03/14 NOA1

02/09/14 NOA2

09/09/14 Hardcopy NOA2 received

15/09/14 Received at NVC

17/09/14 Case number and sent to Embassy

22/09/14 London receives and creates case

23/09/14 DS160 completed

24/09/14 Medical attended

24/09/14 Readiness form submitted

27/09/14 Packet 3 received

04/10/14 Packet 4 received

07/10/14 Interview

16/10/14 Passport and packet received

21/10/14 Boston!

Hello - I just got my case number from NVC and called Knightsbridge Doctors to book my medical, and got told off by the lady on the phone for calling before the embassy in London notified me that my application was here. I know it makes sense to book the medical after London knows that I exist, but isn't it the case that most people try and expedite the process by booking the medical as soon as they have the case number from NVC? Did anyone else encounter this rule? What if I do not disclose that my case is not here yet? Obviously, I will wait, if I absolutely have to - but having waited so long for TSC to get its act together, I'm getting just a little impatient now. Any thoughts/experiences?

Thanks!

Several people have had the same experience when calling lately. My thoughts--

There is a plan of how things are supposed to flow through the process. When too many people try to circumvent the plan maybe it causes issues we aren't aware of. So they add some roadblocks.

Examples--

People called DOS all day every day for weeks to ask status. DOS quit taking all phone calls.

People sent in Readiness for interview when they were not ready and got interview dates before their medical actually arrived. They started requiring the medical be received before they even consider giving a date.

Too many showed up hours before their interview time instead of the requested 30 minutes. They went back to screening the line somewhat for appointment times.

People made medical appointments too early. They started asking for LND numbers.

It's just another attempt to organize the flow to so they can be most efficient on their end. Either wait on your letter or lie to Knightsbridge are your options.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Several people have had the same experience when calling lately. My thoughts--

There is a plan of how things are supposed to flow through the process. When too many people try to circumvent the plan maybe it causes issues we aren't aware of. So they add some roadblocks.

Examples--

People called DOS all day every day for weeks to ask status. DOS quit taking all phone calls.

People sent in Readiness for interview when they were not ready and got interview dates before their medical actually arrived. They started requiring the medical be received before they even consider giving a date.

Too many showed up hours before their interview time instead of the requested 30 minutes. They went back to screening the line somewhat for appointment times.

People made medical appointments too early. They started asking for LND numbers.

It's just another attempt to organize the flow to so they can be most efficient on their end. Either wait on your letter or lie to Knightsbridge are your options.

Thanks. Yes, it makes sense, I know. But I couldn't wait, so in the interim I called Knightsbridge again and this time got some other lady who didn't ask me if London received my case. She just asked for the case number and gave me an appointment. But just to be on the safe side, I asked for an appointment for next Thursday, one week from now, so that by the time the results get to the embassy, it is very likely that they have my file there already. I hope it doesn't mess up the flow of things, but I feel better knowing another date to look forward to, instead of not knowing...

Fingers crossed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hello

Wandering if i can pick your all your brains. We have been in the process since feb 2014 my wife is in the US and im here in Scotland, uk. We have just paid the fee to do the ds-260. Can i phone an book my medical before i do this or do i have to wait.

One more question, is there only one place in the uk that does the medical and interview.

Thanks in advance im just getting so impatient now and this whole process is just so confusing.

Thanks

Fiona

I did the same thing, London received my case on Monday and I had my medical on Monday, I've done everything they want, all the forms etc, Just nees to know my interview date and pay the MRV fee :)

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-09-09

(Sent to NVC: 2014-09-15)

NVC Received : 2014-09-22

NVC Left :2014-09-26

Medical : 2014-09-29

Consulate Received : 2014-09-29

Packet 3 Received : 2014-10-06

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2014-10-23

Interview Date : 2014-11-07

Interview Result : APPROVED!!

AP : 2014-11-12 (2 hours)

Issued: 2014- 11- 12

Timeline

Hello

Wandering if i can pick your all your brains. We have been in the process since feb 2014 my wife is in the US and im here in Scotland, uk. We have just paid the fee to do the ds-260. Can i phone an book my medical before i do this or do i have to wait.

One more question, is there only one place in the uk that does the medical and interview.

Thanks in advance im just getting so impatient now and this whole process is just so confusing.

Thanks

Fiona

Fiona, I think you're talking about the Spouse visa. Mine is K-1 (Fiance) visa. Perhaps you could start a separate thread with your question? You might get more attention from people who know about the Spouse visa, who'll be able to help.

Timeline

Hi All,

I thought I would add a comment on this.......

I phoned the NVC and got my case number on 3rd September. I immediately called the medical center the same day and the woman I spoke too booked my medical for the the 5th September so I only had a 48 hour wait.

I think the way I handled the phone call may have been the key.......

When I called, I gave my name and immediately said to the woman on the phone that I had my London embassy case number and I would like to book my medical appointment. I know that my 'statement' could be taken as accurate or inaccurate depending on individual perspective but the outcome was a medical appointment within 48 hours.

To elaborate..... before I called the medical center, I was already aware that 'some' people had been refused, so I was careful with my use of words. I didn't use the words "can I" OR "is it alright if" but instead I just called and said I had my information and asked for the next available medical appointment. I was never asked if I had received the letter / information from the London Embassy and to be honest, I don't think the medical center can check either way. I believe the reason I was never asked was because the conversation I had with the woman on the phone did not give her reason to ask such detailed questions.

I am keen to stress that the above is purely my own opinion based on my own experience.

Best regards

Richard

Timeline

I believe the reason I was never asked was because the conversation I had with the woman on the phone did not give her reason to ask such detailed questions.

That, and the fact that it depends who you get on the phone - I'm sure the lady that gave me the appointment was different from the one who refused to give me one.

Timeline

Chaps, if you do that - you run the risk of your medical results reaching London before your case file actually does.

I was under the impression this causes further delays as they have no file to match them to? And may slow you down in the overall process.

12/03/14 Package sent

20/03/14 NOA1

02/09/14 NOA2

09/09/14 Hardcopy NOA2 received

15/09/14 Received at NVC

17/09/14 Case number and sent to Embassy

22/09/14 London receives and creates case

23/09/14 DS160 completed

24/09/14 Medical attended

24/09/14 Readiness form submitted

27/09/14 Packet 3 received

04/10/14 Packet 4 received

07/10/14 Interview

16/10/14 Passport and packet received

21/10/14 Boston!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hello

Thanks

Fiona

I saw you hadn't had a response yet so... Yes there is only one place in the UK that does the medical and only one that does the interview.

You do not want to book your medical just yet.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Ah right thank you. How do I get the number to book when the time comes.

Has everyone's case gone sailing through so far? Ours has gone ok so far but feeling a bit nervous about heading to London for the next bits.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Has everyone's case gone sailing through so far? Ours has gone ok so far but feeling a bit nervous about heading to London for the next bits.

Phone: 020 7486 7822 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
Looks like the majority of people are K1's in this thread so their experience will have been different to yours to be honest.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

If you Google "Knightsbridge doctors" it'll give you the number, Also remember you need your police certificate for the medical, They will photocopy it and give you the original back :)

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-09-09

(Sent to NVC: 2014-09-15)

NVC Received : 2014-09-22

NVC Left :2014-09-26

Medical : 2014-09-29

Consulate Received : 2014-09-29

Packet 3 Received : 2014-10-06

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2014-10-23

Interview Date : 2014-11-07

Interview Result : APPROVED!!

AP : 2014-11-12 (2 hours)

Issued: 2014- 11- 12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.