esmurillo

Why is it so much faster for K1 Visas from the philipines??

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sure it's been asked before, I am just curious.

TIA

I recently (last week) grabbed 150 entries from VJ whereas they had posted both NOA1 and NOA2's. I then removed the countries that only had one entry. Finally I computed the average wait time by country. Here is what EXCEL came up with... as you will see the rumor that the Philippines is faster actually does not pan out. I would truly happy if that was the case! But the facts are the facts.... Hope this helps :)

Count Total Days Average Days Country 3 68 23 Cuba 2 86 43 Australia 3 131 44 Romania 2 90 45 Haiti 2 94 47 Laos 5 290 58 Russia 2 118 59 Brazil 3 177 59 Germany 2 119 60 Japan 6 361 60 Ukraine 4 254 64 India 2 128 64 Pakistan 5 336 67 Netherlands 7 491 70 China 3 211 70 Spain 16 1132 71 United Kingdom 3 216 72 Sweden 30 2195 73 Philippines 2 152 76 Poland 2 154 77 Nigeria 8 642 80 Canada 4 329 82 Mexico 2 182 91 Jamaica 2 208 104 Colombia

As you will see the Philippines is nearer the bottom in terms of length of time. The best is Cuba for some reason. I wish you and your loved one the very best and hope you and all readers are reunited as soon as possible. I encourage you and everybody else to write a polite letter to their representative from congress... The separation time for families is just terrible on all of us and for the most part the time is used to check to see if paperwork is in order. That could be done at the post office. Grrrrrrr Very best to all of you.... God Bless

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I recently (last week) grabbed 150 entries from VJ whereas they had posted both NOA1 and NOA2's. I then removed the countries that only had one entry. Finally I computed the average wait time by country. Here is what EXCEL came up with... as you will see the rumor that the Philippines is faster actually does not pan out. I would truly happy if that was the case! But the facts are the facts.... Hope this helps :)

Count Total Days Average Days Country 3 68 23 Cuba 2 86 43 Australia 3 131 44 Romania 2 90 45 Haiti 2 94 47 Laos 5 290 58 Russia 2 118 59 Brazil 3 177 59 Germany 2 119 60 Japan 6 361 60 Ukraine 4 254 64 India 2 128 64 Pakistan 5 336 67 Netherlands 7 491 70 China 3 211 70 Spain 16 1132 71 United Kingdom 3 216 72 Sweden 30 2195 73 Philippines 2 152 76 Poland 2 154 77 Nigeria 8 642 80 Canada 4 329 82 Mexico 2 182 91 Jamaica 2 208 104 Colombia

As you will see the Philippines is nearer the bottom in terms of length of time. The best is Cuba for some reason. I wish you and your loved one the very best and hope you and all readers are reunited as soon as possible. I encourage you and everybody else to write a polite letter to their representative from congress... The separation time for families is just terrible on all of us and for the most part the time is used to check to see if paperwork is in order. That could be done at the post office. Grrrrrrr Very best to all of you.... God Bless

I don't really understand your data or exactly how you got it. But I don't feel like this truly depicts the wait times. The fact is that the Philippines are generally expedited due to the hurricanes that have hit there. Each case is treated differently though so it's not really possible to just look at the country where the beneficiary is. The biggest influence is where the application is being processed. Right now California is much faster than TSC. I am a June filer still waiting in TSC and my fiance is from Pakistan. So if someone from Canada being processed in CSC gets approved before me, it isn't because USCIS processes Canada faster than Pakistan. It's just how it worked out for these applications. Some months they approve a lot of applications and sometimes they do not. When doing your research, I think you should make sure that you have controlled any variables like service centers and the month the application was submitted. And then see what happens.

Timeline

I really didn't apply any magic here. I screen scrapped 150 entries form VJ. Yes you are correct ... my data is limited to those in CSC. I then computed the days between NOA1 and NOA2. I removed countries that have only one couple processing. The I did a simple average. There seems to be the feeling that the Philippines processes faster than other countries, but I can't find that in the numbers. I went back and did a similar study from data from a year ago and found about the same figures. I also looked at the countries over all and the Philippines represents on a consistent basis about 19-20% of entries in VJ. I think many people see couples representing there popping up for interviews etc and assume they are moving faster when the numbers are just not showing that when the data is checked. I am so happy to send you my excel sheets if you want to go through them yourself. As far as assigning priorities because of hurricanes or other things... I have NO data on that and there does not seem to be anything published about such other than speculation. I cannot incorporate speculation into the figures. I would also state that there are things in the process that I have no idea about ... there is not much information describing what is happening at the service centers. The short here is that I wish you and your partner a speedy reunion! God bless.

Timeline

Yeah but California is processing applications much quicker than TSC so it might not make that much of a difference there. Can you check TSC and see if there is a difference in the results? I'm just kinda curious now because it seems like the majority of approvals for June TSC (my fellow applicants) are Phillipine expedites. Except for a handful of randoms.

But yeah you're right. There's a lot we don't know about how they process these applications. One thing I noticed is that it doesn't seem like they go in order from the date an application was sent in. Like I saw a June TSC filer get approved a few days ago. She wasn't phillipines and wasn't expedited. Her NOA1 was after mine and I know there are still April/May applications waiting to get approved. It's so hard to judge other applications because you never know what's going on.

I just try to have faith that everything happens when is supposed to. Thank you for your well wishes and I pray all the best for you and your love one to be together soon! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

It is my understanding that their expedites are over. Try not to worry about how fast others get approved, your time will come :wub:

Not worried about it, just curious.

Thanks

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : California Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Caracas, Venezuela I-129F Sent : 2014-09-15 I-129F NOA1 : 2014-09-19

Timeline

I did look at Texas and I can truly understand the thoughts and concerns of those who are processing at this facility. I cannot explain why Philippines is obviously being processed there more so than others. I don't have any inside information. I do know that a few months back here in the Southwest (I am in Arizona) the boarder states found themselves with thousands of refuges from Latin America all of them it seems to be minors. There is a special clause in the immigration laws that does something to provide them the ability to stay. Again I'm not a lawyer. Those children MUST be getting documented somewhere? Knowing our government somebody is creating paperwork for them and I'll "###/u/me" that Texas has picked up a lot of that work as most of them did cross into Texas. This is only an educated guess.

Once again wishing everybody the very best and that you are reunited with your loved ones very soon!!!

Timeline

But I'm just pointing out that at TSC Phillipines is much faster. There are Phillipines applicants from August/September being approved now while non-Phillipines applications from as far back as March/April are still waiting. So this is what I see and think about when I hear someone talk about Phillipines applications. Obviously I know that not all applications are the same, even Phillipines, so not all of them are this quick.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.