Dymomate

I-797 NOTICE OF ACTION? confused!! Help please!!

7 posts in this topic

Hi, i mailed my i-751 package on 09/22/2014 and 1 week later i received an I-797, Notice of Action:

"Your conditional resident status is extended for a period of one year.During the one-year extension you are authorized employment and travel.(This extension and authorization for employment and travel does not apply to you if your conditional resident status has been terminated.)

In order to further process your petition, you will be receiving an application support center appointment notice with a specific time, date, and location to capture your finger prints, photo and signature.You MUST wait for your appointment notice before going to ASC for bio metric processing."

So, my questions are the next:

1.- Am i approved and they will just take my finger prints and biometric in order to start the production of my new card?

2.- When it says my resident status has been extended for one year, do they mean they will take 1 year to process my case?

3. Am i getting an interview?

4.- Should i be worry about it? I am confused about this receipt, i guess i will just wait for my appointments and to be able to track my case status online.

5.- "if your conditional resident status has been terminated" i am confused, my actual card expired on October 10 2014, so know its been extended until 2015?

Again Thank you all for your answers :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

once you apply for I-751 you automatically get extension for 1 year which is NOA.

so don't worry wait for bio matrics appointment.

there is no link for this with interview.

Your status is automatically extended when you file I-751. The one year extension gives them time to process your application. You can travel and do other things with the extension letter and expired GC. You will be notified as to whether or not you have to do biometrics and/or an interview.

AOS from F-1(Married to USC
06.08.12 - AOS mailed
09.18.12 - Interview.....Approved!!

ROC- Divorce Waiver
05/09/14- I-751 packet mailed to CSC
05/12/14- NOA1 Receipt date
07/01/14- Biometrics Appt

08/11/14- RFE received

09/08/14- RFE response received by USCIS

09/22/14- 10yrs GC Approved!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Your status is automatically extended when you file I-751. The one year extension gives them time to process your application. You can travel and do other things with the extension letter and expired GC. You will be notified as to whether or not you have to do biometrics and/or an interview.

The processing of biometrics for the ROC process is not optional. After receipt of your NOA, you will then receive your ASC appointment for the purpose of obtaining your biometrics. You may or may not have a ROC interview.

Refer to page 4 of the Form I-751 instructions for more information: http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-751instr.pdf

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Hi, i mailed my i-751 package on 09/22/2014 and 1 week later i received an I-797, Notice of Action:

"Your conditional resident status is extended for a period of one year.During the one-year extension you are authorized employment and travel.(This extension and authorization for employment and travel does not apply to you if your conditional resident status has been terminated.)

In order to further process your petition, you will be receiving an application support center appointment notice with a specific time, date, and location to capture your finger prints, photo and signature.You MUST wait for your appointment notice before going to ASC for bio metric processing."

So, my questions are the next:

1.- Am i approved and they will just take my finger prints and biometric in order to start the production of my new card?

No you are not approved yet. The NOA1 you received is the receipt letter for your I-751 application. They will send you a separate biometrics appointment letter.

2.- When it says my resident status has been extended for one year, do they mean they will take 1 year to process my case?

Perhaps, but more than likely not. Since you can only submit your I-751 within 90 days of the expiry date of your conditional green card, and processing of the I-751 usually takes more than 90 days, USCIS automatically extends your current conditional green card for one year, so that you are not out of status when your current green card expires. When you are approved you will receive a 10-year green card, to replace your current green card and the extension letter. It doesn't normally take 1 year, but occasionally it does. Current processing times for the two service centers can be found here: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/liftstats.php?cfl=

3. Am i getting an interview?

No way to know at this point. Interviews for I-751 applications are rare, and are usually only scheduled if you fail to adequately respond to an RFE, if you get one.

4.- Should i be worry about it? I am confused about this receipt, i guess i will just wait for my appointments and to be able to track my case status online.

No the letter is perfectly normal. Everyone who submits their I-751 gets the same letter. You will not be able to track your status online until you receive your biometrics appointment letter. Use the number on the biometrics appointment letter to track your status online.

5.- "if your conditional resident status has been terminated" i am confused, my actual card expired on October 10 2014, so know its been extended until 2015?

That's not specific to you, ignore it. If your current green card expires October 10 2014, the letter you have extends it to October 10 2015

Again Thank you all for your answers :)

The processing of biometrics for the ROC process is not optional. After receipt of your NOA, you will then receive your ASC appointment for the purpose of obtaining your biometrics. You may or may not have a ROC interview.

Refer to page 4 of the Form I-751 instructions for more information: http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-751instr.pdf

I filed in May and some of the May filers biometrics were current. Therefore, some people are required to while some are not required to. Edited by Newbie608

AOS from F-1(Married to USC
06.08.12 - AOS mailed
09.18.12 - Interview.....Approved!!

ROC- Divorce Waiver
05/09/14- I-751 packet mailed to CSC
05/12/14- NOA1 Receipt date
07/01/14- Biometrics Appt

08/11/14- RFE received

09/08/14- RFE response received by USCIS

09/22/14- 10yrs GC Approved!!

Thanks for your time and answers :) i highly appreciate it. Now i feel more comfortable knowing more about the receipt and i can be patient and just wait for the rest of the process.

Thank you and i will update you later when i receive more information.

Have a great day! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.