decocker

White House exempts Syria airstrikes from tight standards on civilian deaths

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

actually, i cut parts out of the beginning, i cut some from the middle and some from the end. so uhm, i didn't forget anything and really i don't know what you're trying to prove by pointing out your 'find'.

nothing.. :lol:

None of this will resolve anything except convince the civilian population that noone gives a dusty fuk about them.

0bama sure doesn't seem to

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Let's just see how the rest of the world compares these operations to the Israelis and Gaza. Should be interesting. :mellow:

I think it will be better than Gaza. Its a larger geographical area, smaller chances for civilian causalities. Not all air strikes are in cities or villages etc.

1d35bdb6477b38fedf8f1ad2b4c743ea.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think it's a bit silly fixating on how people might react to US airstrikes.

The only thing that is important is whether or not the US should be involved in a military action here at all. That goes beyond this particular conflict and speaks to the heart of US foreign policy going back decades.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I think it will be better than Gaza. Its a larger geographical area, smaller chances for civilian causalities. Not all air strikes are in cities or villages etc.

We have already caused civilian casualties :(

And there are two major differences between us in Syria and Israel in Gaza

First, Israel was responding to direct attacks from Gaza, as well as the initial killing of three Israeli youths. We have not been attacked, only had two citizens murdered, along with a British national.

Second, the IDF gave warnings wherever possible of inbound strikes. We are not giving warnings of any kind.

It will be interesting to watch the world react, or not, as the case may be.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Other Timeline

I think it's a bit silly fixating on how people might react to US airstrikes.

The only thing that is important is whether or not the US should be involved in a military action here at all. That goes beyond this particular conflict and speaks to the heart of US foreign policy going back decades.

Good luck with that argument. The only thing you'll hear against this particular action is that somehow, somewhere Obama is telling lies, as if that bombshell has any meaning :)

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

There is nothing about what the US is doing now that differs in any way from what it has done in the past.

Similarly there is nothing Israel has done recently in the palestinian territories that differs from what it has done in the past.

The only conclusion you can draw is that Israel gets more criticism for its actions than the US. However I don't believe that to be true at all as you can find decades worth of investigative journalism and political commentary for pretty much every administration going back decades.