Catica

NVC, packet 3, Packet 4, Interview ?

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Mag just stay off my thread eh, I dont need your kind of help. And yes working 12 hour shifts 5 days a week dealing with a 4 year old son full time, Im sorry I dont have much time to sift through post after post to find the information and yes i did try the search feature and didnt find it much more helpful. Dont like it as I said before stay off my topic then.

Ignore this link its for my own personal reference as i said just trying to compile all the data in one spot for easy findings and referencing later.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry672553

Thanks Nky, did you get your letter from NVC before or after you got your NOA2 in the mail? I know it took them like 10 days before we got our NOA1 in the mail and about the same for our rfe.

Yeah told my fiancee today he had to go to the police station when he got up, hopefully he will hes the type that needs a little prodding sometimes lol.

I got my NOA via email on Jan 10th & then in the mail on Jan 16th and then a got NVC in the mail on Jan 22...but the letter said they had received my file and that in another week or two it would be sent to London...but when I called NVC they had sent my file on London on Jan 12th & London received it on Jan 18...So I guess they just took an overlasp in mailing the letter from NVC...

Hey we shall all try not to be too hard on others...I mean I find out the more i read on here the more I learn something new everyday...Like when fiance gets visa in hand and comes to US...it good to come via JFK to get 90 temorary work permit while waiting to file papers for Advanced Parole and Adjustment of Status and Work Permit...

Don't be too hard I understand it can get frustrating at times...sometimes I feel I am more on top of things than my fiance however, people only act upon their nature...so I can't get mad at him because he's more laid back them me...and in a partnership it's more about getting the job done that is most important...

However, no matter who answers questions...it's always best to cross reference and double check things out...

And I have learned that this is a stressful process...

I have 2 kids in the house...one that is mine and another a family member...also my computer is down at home...so I try to surf as much as possible during the day while I have access to a computer...because every piece of information counts...

Everybody have a nice day and just enjoy...the moments of being able to come together from time to time...

I wish everyone well...I know we are all stressed...but it will all pay off in the long run...

OUR JOURNEY!!!

JUNE-2006 Introduced thru a family member via phone

AUG- 2006 Went to the UK to visit for 4 days, ENDED UP STAYING FOR 8 DAYS!!!

**TALK ON THE PHONE EVERYDAY...FEELINGS ARE STRONG

OCT- 2006 Went to UK for visit/4 days

**PROPOSED

11-27-06 I-129F mailed to Vermont

11-29-06 Receipt of NOA1 (received in mail on Dec 4)

12-08-06 Touched

MID-JAN-2007 Will be going soon to UK for visit/1 week

JAN-10-2007 EMAIL OF APPROVAL FOR NOA2 (Received email 8 times in a row!!!!!)

01-11-07 "TOUCHED"

JAN-23-07 BACK FROM UK-- ENJOYED THE 6 DAYS THERE...

JAN-18-07 RECEIVED LETTER FROM NVC (National Visa Center)

1 WEEK PETITION WILL BE FORWARDED TO THE APPROPRIATE VISA ISSUING POST (LONDON) WHERE INTERVIEW WILL TAKE PLACE....

JAN 24-07 JUST FOUND OUT OVER THE PHONE THAT NVC SENT PETITION TO LONDON ON 1/12/07 & US EMBASSY IN LONDON HAS HAD THE FILE SINCE JAN 17TH 2007

JAN-26-07 HONEY JUST CALLED ME...GOT PACKET 3.... WOW!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
To play the Devil's Advocate here - I tried to find that London Embassy page the other day when I stumbled on the Montreal page and couldnt' for the life of me find it. And I'm a pretty "read it all" kinda girl. I also seldom have luck with the search function on this site and can understand how - excited with an NOA2 and tired and frustrated - sometimes you just have to ask for help.

People who don't want to offer it can always just not reply. People who don't mind "babying" someone - and I can pretty much assure you that at some point, I'll ask for some babying myself - can offer information if they want to. See, everyone's a winner.

There is a difference between helping someone and someone asking silly questions that are visible on the board AND merely 2 clicks away on the mouse.

There's also a even bigger difference between just ignoring something you don't feel like answering and taking the time to make someone feel bad or like they're wasting your time for asking. I suggest the former.

We're ALL stressed here, right? We're annoyed at the government, not at each other. At least, that's the way it should work.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Timeline

MY HONEY JUST CALLED ME PACKET 3 CAME TODAY!!!!!!! IS GOD BLESSING US OR WHAT!!!!!!!!!! NOW ANOTHER HURDLE TO GET COMPLETE TO THE NEXT STEPS...

OUR JOURNEY!!!

JUNE-2006 Introduced thru a family member via phone

AUG- 2006 Went to the UK to visit for 4 days, ENDED UP STAYING FOR 8 DAYS!!!

**TALK ON THE PHONE EVERYDAY...FEELINGS ARE STRONG

OCT- 2006 Went to UK for visit/4 days

**PROPOSED

11-27-06 I-129F mailed to Vermont

11-29-06 Receipt of NOA1 (received in mail on Dec 4)

12-08-06 Touched

MID-JAN-2007 Will be going soon to UK for visit/1 week

JAN-10-2007 EMAIL OF APPROVAL FOR NOA2 (Received email 8 times in a row!!!!!)

01-11-07 "TOUCHED"

JAN-23-07 BACK FROM UK-- ENJOYED THE 6 DAYS THERE...

JAN-18-07 RECEIVED LETTER FROM NVC (National Visa Center)

1 WEEK PETITION WILL BE FORWARDED TO THE APPROPRIATE VISA ISSUING POST (LONDON) WHERE INTERVIEW WILL TAKE PLACE....

JAN 24-07 JUST FOUND OUT OVER THE PHONE THAT NVC SENT PETITION TO LONDON ON 1/12/07 & US EMBASSY IN LONDON HAS HAD THE FILE SINCE JAN 17TH 2007

JAN-26-07 HONEY JUST CALLED ME...GOT PACKET 3.... WOW!!!!!!!

Timeline

Thats awesome Nky! I made a little joke for you on the K1 topic :P

You guys can ignore this too just another link I wanted to store here.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow

Mmmm, do you know if you need the new number from the NVC before you can start calling them, Or can can they use other infomation to look it up?

We were touched again today weeee! I think Im going to miss the touches, they were one of my stress relievers, Like oh look someone actually held our case today thank god its not in a box somewhere lol.

Fiancee went to the police station today so thats down, I have a appointment with personal at work to get the employment information I need from them another step almost down. Going to work on the I-134 this weekend and hopefully have it ready by Monday to get it notarized. Got all my w-2s so will be filing taxes this weekend too lol so gives me my copy of tax returns for 2006 found them for 2005, Hopefully 2 years worth will be enough. How did you guys send the info to your Finacee? Any known mail servcies proven safer than the others for not loosing it? Fedexp, Ups, or just usps?

Scott and Misty Offcial Webpage!

How does it happen, Great love?... Noone knows.. But I what I do know is it happens in a blink of an eye. One minutes your happily living your life and the next your wondering how you ever lived without them.

*I-129f sent* 10-31-2006

*I-129f recieved at VSC* 11-02-2006

*NOA1* 11-03-2006

*Check Cashed/Touched* 11-09-2006

*Touched* 11-15-2006

*Touched* 11-16-2006

*RFE email notice* 12-05-2006

*RFE snail mail* 12-11-2006

*RFE mailed back overnight* 12-12-2006

*RFE recieved VSC* 12-13-2006

*Touched* 12-14-2006

*Touched* 12-15-2006

*Touched* 12-18-2006

*Touched* 12-19-2006

*NOA2 email* 01-25-2007

*Touched* 01-26-2007

*Case Recieved at NVC* 01-29-2007

*Case Sent to London Embassy* 01-30-2007

*Fiance Recieves Packet 3* 02-10-2007

*Fiance Mails Back Packet 3* 02-12-2007

*Medical* 02-21-2007

*Mailed Packet 3 (2nd Time)* 03-09-07

*Delivery Confirmation Embassy Recieved it* 03-12-07

*Recieved Packet 4* 03-19-2007

*Interview Date* 04-20-2007 *APPROVED*

Soon to Come

*arrival in the US* 05-03-2007

*Official Marriage* 05-12-2007

*Big Wedding for Family/Friends* 7-14-2007

Timeline

Oh another question, I know you need to send your passport to your fiancee for the interview, but I dont have a passport was just going to use my Birth certificate long form, and maybe my social security card too. Is that acceptable and do they have to be the original copies too or can they be notarized copies?

Scott and Misty Offcial Webpage!

How does it happen, Great love?... Noone knows.. But I what I do know is it happens in a blink of an eye. One minutes your happily living your life and the next your wondering how you ever lived without them.

*I-129f sent* 10-31-2006

*I-129f recieved at VSC* 11-02-2006

*NOA1* 11-03-2006

*Check Cashed/Touched* 11-09-2006

*Touched* 11-15-2006

*Touched* 11-16-2006

*RFE email notice* 12-05-2006

*RFE snail mail* 12-11-2006

*RFE mailed back overnight* 12-12-2006

*RFE recieved VSC* 12-13-2006

*Touched* 12-14-2006

*Touched* 12-15-2006

*Touched* 12-18-2006

*Touched* 12-19-2006

*NOA2 email* 01-25-2007

*Touched* 01-26-2007

*Case Recieved at NVC* 01-29-2007

*Case Sent to London Embassy* 01-30-2007

*Fiance Recieves Packet 3* 02-10-2007

*Fiance Mails Back Packet 3* 02-12-2007

*Medical* 02-21-2007

*Mailed Packet 3 (2nd Time)* 03-09-07

*Delivery Confirmation Embassy Recieved it* 03-12-07

*Recieved Packet 4* 03-19-2007

*Interview Date* 04-20-2007 *APPROVED*

Soon to Come

*arrival in the US* 05-03-2007

*Official Marriage* 05-12-2007

*Big Wedding for Family/Friends* 7-14-2007

Your fiance will need your original birth certificate. What function would a notary serve to a birth certificate?

A Social Security card does not prove your citizenship.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Oh another question, I know you need to send your passport to your fiancee for the interview,

Why? Is that a specific requirement of the consulate?

I have no intention of sending my passport to my fiancee for her interview.

YMMV

Timeline
Mag just stay off my thread eh, I dont need your kind of help. And yes working 12 hour shifts 5 days a week dealing with a 4 year old son full time, Im sorry I dont have much time to sift through post after post to find the information and yes i did try the search feature and didnt find it much more helpful. Dont like it as I said before stay off my topic then.

And you are the prime example why I will not help anybody anymore. VJ sheesh.

Timeline

Waaaaaait a minute there! You can help me! I'm lovely and nice....well when I'm not being sarcastic and caustic.

-12/15/06 Mailed off I-129F

-12/19/06 NOA1 via email

-01/05/07 NOA2 via email

-01/13/07 NVC notice via snail mail

-01/25/07 Packet 3 arrives.

-02/22/07 Packet 3 is mailed.

-03/02/07 Medical

-03/13/07 Packet 4 arrives.

-03/16-24/07 Honey visits.

-04/02/07 Interview(Approved)

-04/10/07 Visa arrives.

Your fiance will need your original birth certificate.

I feel quite silly asking this, because I swear I read elsewhere that they don't need the birth certificate this far along. I don't remember why, nor do I remember what topic I read it in, but this has me worried thinking I misinterpreted it or just got some bogus info.

Do they absolutely need the petitioners Birth Certificate? I know they don't need the passport at all, but, If it makes any difference, I did send a copy of it with the original I-129F stuff (along with copies of every page of my passport). If it's often (or even rarely) asked for, I will have to send yet another package over there... which is annoying because I have nothing else to send so it will be the worlds smallest packet ever. But I'd rather know for sure from everyone else while the topic is here than assume I was right before and end up denied at the interview.

To think I almost sent it anyway with the rest of the support papers, just in case, but ended up not doing it... :bonk:

UNST0001.gifbritkit.jpgUNKG0001.gif

I think it's not a case of 'you absolutely and definitely must take it to the interview' as one of 'they may ask to see originals of any photocopied documents submitted with the petition'... but then again they might not. I don't know how regularly they *do* ask, or what happens if you can't show them it when asked (and am a long way from my interview yet, besides!), but... maybe others can reassure you on that one. Might be worth sending it just for peace of mind...

I feel quite silly asking this, because I swear I read elsewhere that they don't need the birth certificate this far along. I don't remember why, nor do I remember what topic I read it in, but this has me worried thinking I misinterpreted it or just got some bogus info.

Do they absolutely need the petitioners Birth Certificate? I know they don't need the passport at all, but, If it makes any difference, I did send a copy of it with the original I-129F stuff (along with copies of every page of my passport). If it's often (or even rarely) asked for, I will have to send yet another package over there... which is annoying because I have nothing else to send so it will be the worlds smallest packet ever. But I'd rather know for sure from everyone else while the topic is here than assume I was right before and end up denied at the interview.

To think I almost sent it anyway with the rest of the support papers, just in case, but ended up not doing it... :bonk:

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I sent mine - I didn't include it in the USCIS submission, but sent it along for Pigu's interview as proof of citizenship for the I-134.

Send it with a love note. :)

Looking forward to seeing your interview date announcement!

signature here

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.