Gunslinger_Z

Some question about Medical exam - Cambodia (edited title)

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

HI, guys. Our dream is comming very close that we look forward for long time ago, we have our interview date on 29 Dec, so for the medicial exam does we schedoul by ourself when we close to the date of interview date or the embassy put us the date? and how can i pay the fee and how much ? Thanks.

Anything is Possible with God

You should be able to go walk in to have the medical. Of course it may be different over there. In my country, you just walk in with the interview appointment letter and they see you the same day. My wife had her medical about a week or two before the day of the interview so that the results would be recent, but done in time for the interview. Did you receive instructions from the embassy about how to proceed? They usually send a letter or email about what to do next. You can also check on the embassy website at travel.state.gov

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Asia/East & Pacific regional subforum, and country name added to thread title. ***

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Go to iom they will schedule a check up date fee for medical is around 80 to 130 depend on what vaccine you dont have interview fee is 240$ must be pay at acada bank good luck sister

Timeline

We went to IOM, they were great.

Need to bring interview letter to schedule appt. at IOM.

International Organization for Migration (IOM)
No. 31, Street 71, Boeung Keng Kang 1,
Khan Chamcar Mon
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Tel: (023) 720 406 or 215 513, 216 532
Fax: (023) 216 423
Dr. Leul MEKONNEN
Basic Examination Fee:
Adults USD 90
Children (Under 15) USD 80

Timeline

You should be able to go walk in to have the medical. Of course it may be different over there. In my country, you just walk in with the interview appointment letter and they see you the same day. My wife had her medical about a week or two before the day of the interview so that the results would be recent, but done in time for the interview. Did you receive instructions from the embassy about how to proceed? They usually send a letter or email about what to do next. You can also check on the embassy website at travel.state.gov

After sent the embassy of the package 3 we know the date of interview this week by checking on online, so we need to wait the email or letter then, thank you Iam H. Btw i have one more question, Since my surname is different from my Father or my mother so do you think it can effect with my medical check?

I'm not sure what you mean. Why is your last name different? Do they use a different last name other than the parents or did you change your name?

It shouldn't affect you as long as all of your docs have the same name, I'm not sure what they ask for over there, but in the DR medical they ask for the passport, interview letter, and national ID card. So if the name is the same across all of your docs I don't see why you would have an issue.

Although, if you ever want to petiton your parents, you would need to submit proof that you changed your name.

Btw i have one more question, Since my surname is different from my Father or my mother so do you think it can effect with my medical check?

Timeline

I'm not sure what you mean. Why is your last name different? Do they use a different last name other than the parents or did you change your name?

It shouldn't affect you as long as all of your docs have the same name, I'm not sure what they ask for over there, but in the DR medical they ask for the passport, interview letter, and national ID card. So if the name is the same across all of your docs I don't see why you would have an issue.

Although, if you ever want to petiton your parents, you would need to submit proof that you changed your name.

I didn't change my name, since i was born i have my surname/ family name is different from my father surname( as the rule children would have surname as father's surname ),

so i was wondering what the reason if people need to have DNA test thought ?

If this is a law in your country about how children are given last names, you shouldn't have an issue because the CO should be aware of this. I can't really say since I am not from Cambodia, so you may want to ask in the Cambodia forum to get a better answer, sorry.

Timeline

My Khmer wife has a different last name than both her mother and father (they gave her the same last name as one of her grandmother) and we had no issues. Are both your mother and father's names listed on your birth certificate?

You last name being different than your father's is not problem, as long as your birth certificate/passport/ID card are all the same name and all the paperwork you've submitted have the same info and spellings.

Edited by BigBong

Timeline

If this is a law in your country about how children are given last names, you shouldn't have an issue because the CO should be aware of this. I can't really say since I am not from Cambodia, so you may want to ask in the Cambodia forum to get a better answer, sorry.

Thank you Ian H.

Timeline

My Khmer wife has a different last name than both her mother and father (they gave her the same last name as one of her grandmother) and we had no issues. Are both your mother and father's names listed on your birth certificate?

You last name being different than your father's is not problem, as long as your birth certificate/passport/ID card are all the same name and all the paperwork you've submitted have the same info and spellings.

Yes BigBong i have same situation like your wife, i have same last name as my grandpa(my dad's father).

Of course my mother and father's name listed on my birth certificate and all the paperwork i submitted have same info and spellings.

:) this question i was wondering for long time ago and now i realize it. Thank you for you sharing me experience.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.