Sweet28

Question before filing K1

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Aos fees is 1070, not 1090.

Wedding heck get it done at the courthouse. Ceremony, license and multiple certificates cost us under $200. Costs may vary based on county/state/etc.

K1- yep there's the lovely fees, you may have to travel as well to get to the consulate and to get to your medical, if you don't have your vaccines you'll have to get those as well, if you have proof of them though that's fine, if you've had them but lost proof you may have to get a blood test to see which you have immunity to.

It's not cheap. Not sure how much your fiancé covers vs how much you'll cover.

There's also the cost of having another mouth to feed...that's sometimes hard to budget in before hand. you won't be able to work until you get your EAD (which if you're lucky is 3-4 months after you file your adjustment of status and related documents)

Depending on his debt load and how he's repaying it I can understand why he may be a bit hesitant.

May 29, 2013 - Finally!!! I-129F and associated forms delivered!

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

August 19, 2013 - NOA2! (email)

October 10, 2013 - NVC has our case, Vancouver number assigned

***Communications with Vancouver begging to put my case on hold a while due to house not selling!!!***

February 18, 2014 - Packet 3 Submitted

February 20, 2014 - Packet 4!!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

May 7, 2014 - Consulate Interview

May 13, 2014 - K1 visa in hand!!!

July 2, 2014 - POE (Sweetgrass)<p>

July 23, 2014 - apply for EI (mother of god that was confusing...)<p>

August 11, 2014 - finally get hitched!

September 16, 2014 - send off AOS/AP/EAD

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is "no" reason you cannot file now, IF you can prove 3600.00 a month income.,.,.,.,.,DEBT,..,.,.means nothing.,.,.,,.!

My wife is from Cebu, .,.,.,WHY are you waiting.,.,.,the K-1 process is sometimes long.,.,.,.,.,start, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to the "guides and example forms" on this site.,.,.,.,..as there can "be no mistakes",.,.,.,.,YOU and your fiance are ready.,.,.,NOW!

WHY ARE YOU WAITING.,..,., if anything I see a little bit of your fiance, a bit nervous to start the process.,.,.,.,.,."the longer you wait, the longer you will be apart!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Just use the K-1 guide.,.,.,.and read it 10 times, making notes each time on what to do.,.,.,.,then FILE!

Got a question, just ask here, these people are your frineds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually i gather already all the evidence and some papers to fill up. I gather everything like skype,imesseges,call log,facetime,remittance receipt,photos. The plane ticket passport stamp and hotel receipt is with him. Before he said he will get me when he will be coming back in atates after we meet each other,thats why last june i already prepared everything,but then after a month he changed his mind. He told me he has a problem about his debts, he will settle it down first after he will get me so that when i went there no more debts to be pay like he want 0 balance and only apartment and food and some expenses he want to expense when i get there, thats what he said to me. But now a days he always say everytime he feel sad or no one is there for him that come here now or wish you were here..then i told him, go file now a K1, as always he always responds will pay first my debt.. Sometimes i feel like i'll give up. Long distance relationship is not that easy, sometimes i feel like i expect and it will end up from nothing. But we talked thru facetime almost every hour. So any advice vj family?thnx alot

He is trying to pay off his debt, and I'm sure he will handle the K-1 visa as soon as he can. Your part is to stay strong and hang in there with him. You are both making sacrifices to be together. Do you know how much he owes and how plans to pay it off? Talk about it with him and see if he has any concrete plans on how to fix the debt problem and when he wants to bring you over.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone.its been a while since i started using this VJ. I stop reading some information because me and my boyfriend talk about to moved the filing of fiance visa maybe next year. Well anyway here are some of my question that i hope somebody will help me before he file K1.

1. Does my boyfriend required to have a house by his own?like he just stayed to his mom's house for the main time.

2. He still paying his debt. Which is the reason we talked that to move the filing by next year because of his debt, so does debt affect filling K1? (He has 2 job and earn $3600 a month)

3. Do we have to wait after he paid all his debt before filing K1?

Thanks

1) NO. There is no issue where someone lives, as long as they reside in the USA.

2) NO. Income requirement is based on GROSS income, neither USCIS or USEM look at a person's debt. But I do understand him want to paying off his debt.

3) NO. That is a decision between the two of you.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Actually i gather already all the evidence and some papers to fill up. I gather everything like skype,imesseges,call log,facetime,remittance receipt,photos. The plane ticket passport stamp and hotel receipt is with him. Before he said he will get me when he will be coming back in atates after we meet each other,thats why last june i already prepared everything,but then after a month he changed his mind. He told me he has a problem about his debts, he will settle it down first after he will get me so that when i went there no more debts to be pay like he want 0 balance and only apartment and food and some expenses he want to expense when i get there, thats what he said to me. But now a days he always say everytime he feel sad or no one is there for him that come here now or wish you were here..then i told him, go file now a K1, as always he always responds will pay first my debt.. Sometimes i feel like i'll give up. Long distance relationship is not that easy, sometimes i feel like i expect and it will end up from nothing. But we talked thru facetime almost every hour. So any advice vj family?thnx a lot

I'll tell you what my wife told me before we started the process. We will always have some type of debt in our lives, but we can't let debt that debt rule our lives and force us to give up happiness. Live life every day, despite the debts, and work to be happy...not work just to pay off debt. Do what it takes to be happy.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.