Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

K2 list of documents required for i485

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I wonder what is exact list of documents required for K2 adjustment of status, I figure it is the same list as for K1 but what about K1 marriage, do we need to include marriage certificate?

here is a list I have so far:

- Payment in the amount of $1070

- I-485 Application

- G-325A and two passport style photos

- Copy of Passport (biographical page, entry stamps and visa page)

- Copy of I-797 K1 visa approval notice

- I-94 Admission Record

- Copy of Birth Certificate (original and English translation)

- Copy of DS-3025 Vaccination Documentation Worksheet

- I-864 Affidavit of Support with supporting documents:

- Copy of IRS tax return for 2013

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a link to a similar-themed thread that I posted earlier this year about my then-19yo stepson's (K2) AOS cover letter:


The AOS fees do vary according to age: http://www.uscis.gov/i-485

You should also consider concurrently filing for EAD/AP for the K2. The child cannot obtain a SSN without either an EAD or Green Card. There are no additional fees if applied for concurrently. See USCIS link above for details.


Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

> Almost 2 years of our lives involved with the USCIS/DOS "shuffle" & worth every second of it ! <

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca


:idea: Read more, post less.... Google can be your friend ! :idea:

Prior apologies if I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Keep your timeline current: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

we are applying year after K1 so it seems that the fee will be the same as what they were when we filled for k1 aos but my question is whether we have all necessary documents form that list and whether we need marriage certificate for K2?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.