S1mone

Criminal record! Need your help!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey guys,

So I have a question again. My fiance just told me that he has a criminal record- assault and battery on a police officer back in 2002. He didn't go to prison but got 18month probation and paid fines. We file our K1 petition in July and I know that he didn't include this info on the forms we filled out. Would that be one the reasons for us to not get approved or a reason why its taking alot of time of the USCIS to review our petition? Need your thoughts on this guys I tried to research about this but I am not getting enough info.

Any response would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Filed: Timeline

This information should have been disclosed

was the offense in his country? he will need

police records. Wit USCIS everything have to

be revealed and disposition of case presented.

Even though he did not do prison time its still

stand in immigration situations, as it may fall

under moral turpitude. Assault and Battery on an

officer really needs for U to speak to a good

waiver atty...Atty Liz Cannon does *free* phone consults

U don't have to live in the same state, I don't want

U to be scared but its not DIY stuff, its doable but

with an atty, in the meantime have him get all copies

of all arrests and convictions he may have to U & tell the

atty the complete truth if U want to get the help needed ...

Timeline

This information should have been disclosed

was the offense in his country? he will need

police records. Wit USCIS everything have to

be revealed and disposition of case presented.

Even though he did not do prison time its still

stand in immigration situations, as it may fall

under moral turpitude. Assault and Battery on an

officer really needs for U to speak to a good

waiver atty...Atty Liz Cannon does *free* phone consults

U don't have to live in the same state, I don't want

U to be scared but its not DIY stuff, its doable but

with an atty, in the meantime have him get all copies

of all arrests and convictions he may have to U & tell the

atty the complete truth if U want to get the help needed ...

yes the offense is also in the US but I am not sure if its in CA or different state.

Timeline

So he is the petitioner?

Didn't he have to answer that question specifically on I-129F?

If he lied, then it should definitely be a problem...

When I checked the form though his case is not included on the list. That's why he didn't include it.

Hey guys,

So I have a question again. My fiance just told me that he has a criminal record- assault and battery on a police officer back in 2002. He didn't go to prison but got 18month probation and paid fines. We file our K1 petition in July and I know that he didn't include this info on the forms we filled out. Would that be one the reasons for us to not get approved or a reason why its taking alot of time of the USCIS to review our petition? Need your thoughts on this guys I tried to research about this but I am not getting enough info.

You haven't been waiting that long. Any criminal background info that USCIS might discover during adjudication will be passed on to DoS. I'm pretty sure that you will be asked if you are aware of it during your interview. They want to make sure that you are aware of his convictions and that he isn't hiding anything from you.

I suggest talking with your fiance if there is anything else you should know as you deserve all the details. Gather documents about his conviction too because you are going to need it during the k1 process (they might ask about it during CFO).

Just wondering. What made him tell you this now, 2 months after you filed the K1 petition? Why not mention it while filling out the form? Was he making sure you wouldn't back out on him?

Edited by iammrsregi

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey guys,

That is not a listed crime on the I-129F, thus understandable your fiance didn't list it. It is good that he disclosed this to you just the same as it is possible for USCIS and/or the embassy to have this information and may ask you about it.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.