AnnaMaria

Medical Exam Review - Regina Maria - Bucharest Romania

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi everyone, wanted to share my experience with my Medical Exam at Regina Maria in Bucharest, Romania.

My appointment was at 9:30 AM and we arrived around 9:15 AM. There were a lot of people there, but apparently there is a priority for visa exams, therefore we only waited after checking in for around 15 minutes. At the reception desk, I was asked to provide my Identity card and that was all until I went into the back.

There were four total steps during the Medical exam.

1) A nurse came out and asked the crowd if anyone was there for a visa. I raised my hand and then went into a room and she asked me my birthday and took one vial of blood. This part only took about 3 minutes.

2) After they drew my blood, we went down the hall about two doors and were third in line to get my chest x-rays. At that room they asked for my passport, my age, and if I was pregnant. I was asked to remove my shirt and bra for the x-ray and it was over in just about 5 minutes as well.

3) Finally, with the x-ray and blood test done, I went to wait to see Dr. Toma. We were the third person again, and she was absolutely wonderful. She was very nice, friendly, and could tell I was nervous. She was laughing and smiling the whole time. My husband was with me and we wanted to make sure she had my name written correctly because my family doctor forgot my suffix and I think I excitedly told her not to forget it too loud. I apologized and said that I just had a louder voice than normal and she laughed and said it was ok. She really made this less stressful. Here is what she asked and what I was required to provide :

- She took my note from the family doctor (IMPORTANT THAT YOU GET THIS) stating that I have no serious physical or mental diseases

- She took my 3 passport sized photos(NVC Case #, Name, Signature, and Birth date)

- She took my passport

- She took my Vaccination Record

- She asked about my allergies, which I said no, except for Pollen

- She asked if I had ever used or abused drugs or alcohol

- She asked if I had any surgeries (Even simple surgeries)

- She took my height, weight, and blood pressure.

- She also checked my lungs with the listening thing

- She put pressure on my stomach to see if there was any pain and asked if it hurts

That's all I can remember, but that is a general overview of the time I spent with the doctor. It wasn't more than 10 minutes maybe?

4) We arrived at 9:15 AM and we were finished with the medical exam by 10:30. It was much less painful than we anticipated. Dr. Toma told me to come back after 3:30 PM for the results. We came back at 3:15 and she was working on peoples packets so we waited in the lobby until she called me from behind the reception desk. Last few notes :

- IMPORTANT - She will give you the big sealed envelope with x-rays, blood results, and overview that you CANNOT OPEN and a small piece of paper with your vaccines that you must take with you to the interview and to the states. You will need these later.

- She did not review the results with me or provide me with any form of a copy. She did verbally tell me that everything is OK and not to worry. I took this as a good Medical Exam and the results were fine.

Overall, it was a very pleasant experience at Regina Maria and Dr. Toma was a very professional individual. Based on her final remark before I left, it would appear that my Medical Exam turned out good :)

I hope this everyone. I would recommend this hospital to any future Romanian applicants.

6/24/2014 - I-130 Shipped via UPS to Chicago

6/26/2014 - I-130 Received and signed for at USCIS

7/1/2014 - E-mail of acceptance with Receipt number - NoA 1 (Routed to California Service Center)

07/15/2014 - Change of Address via phone call with USCIS, confirmation via e-mail.

7/30/2014 - I-130 Approved at USCIS - NoA 2 E-mail

08/13/2014 - NVC Received Approved I-130 package from USCIS

08/21/2014 - Case Number and IIN created at NVC

08/25/2014 - Case Number and IIN received via phone call. DS-261 Available and completed online.

8/26/2014 - AoS Fee invoiced and paid online.

8/28/2014 - AoS Invoice status PAID

09/04/2014 - Expedite Request response - Must enter Beneficiary Date of Birth - Re-sent exact e-mail with requested info

09/10/2014 - Expedite Request e-mail received as "Under Review"

09/11/2014 - Expedite Request Approved - Confirmation via e-mail from U.S. Embassy in Bucharest, Romania

09/16/2014 - Embassy Received Case from NVC

09/16/2014 - Received E-mail from Embassy to Schedule our Interview and prepare documents

9/23/2014 - Medical Exam at Regina Maria - Results OK

10/01/2014 - Visa Approved!

10/03/2014 - Received Passport with Visa!

11/2/2104 - PoE Atlanta - Welcome to the US!

11/5/2014 - Paid $165 ELIS Fee

8/1/2016 - I-751 Packet sent in for Removal of Conditions!

8/15/2016 - Notice of Action 1 for I-751 - California Service Center

9/29/2016 - Received Biometrics Appointment

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.