SCnC

Dates on NOA2

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

We received our NOA1 on 14 Mar'14, then our NOA2 on 18 Aug'14. However, we only found out about our NOA2 today after receiving the hardcopy. May I know what the dates mean on the NOA2? It says, "Valid from 08/18/14 - 12/17/14". My fiancé still have to prepare some papers to send to me, example I-134, it may take 1 month to get the things ready & to reach me. Does that mean I've to get everything done before 12/17/14, including medical & interview?

Sent out I-129F: Mar'14

Received NOA1: 14 Mar'14

Received NOA2: 18 Aug'14

Received Case No.: Aug'14

Submitted online DS-160: 24 Sep'14

Received Packet 3: 25 Sep'14

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

:guides: Easily accessible a the top of the forum page. In particular, review the K1 Visa Guide and the K1 Flowchart:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

Another good source of information is the DOS Nonimmigrant Visa for Fiance(e) (K-1) FAQs:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/types/family/fiance-k-1.html

When you get a chance, :time: It helps everyone that uses the forum.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Thanks for the links, I checked them out earlier but still can't find info about the dates on the NOA2. My finance already sent me the copy of I-129F & all its supporting documents, except Form I-134 (supporting documents already sent to me), latest letter of intent to marry, & some letters with original signatures (supporting documents already sent to me). It may take about 1 month+ for the documents to be ready & to reach me. So, I'm a bit worried about the dates on NOA2, wonder if I must get everything done before that date, or if I can stretch it a bit longer than the stated date on NOA2. I got into accident & my car will take 2-3 weeks to be repaired. If the dates on NOA2 aren't important, I'll just wait till my car is ready before getting my things together, like taking photos & applying for passports for me & our child (mine expired & our child never had one before), etc.

Edited by SCnC

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We received our NOA1 on 14 Mar'14, then our NOA2 on 18 Aug'14. However, we only found out about our NOA2 today after receiving the hardcopy. May I know what the dates mean on the NOA2? It says, "Valid from 08/18/14 - 12/17/14". My fiancé still have to prepare some papers to send to me, example I-134, it may take 1 month to get the things ready & to reach me. Does that mean I've to get everything done before 12/17/14, including medical & interview? This is addressed in the previously mentioned DOS FAQs:

My Petition Expired – Can It Be Extended?

The I-129F petition is valid for four months from the date of approval by USCIS. A consular officer can extend the validity of the petition if it expires before visa processing is completed.

Those are the dates that your approved I-129F visa petition are valid. During that time the approved petition will be forward to the NVC for further processing and then forwarded as described in the previously mentioned K1 flowchart to the interviewing consulate/embassy, as mentioned in the previously mentioned DOS FAQs. I am not trying to blow you off, but you really need to do more reading of the links I previously provided about the process.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Thanks. I guess I was looking for a quick & direct answer. It's clear to me now that I must get things done within those dates, but the date can be extended.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

We received our NOA1 on 14 Mar'14, then our NOA2 on 18 Aug'14. However, we only found out about our NOA2 today after receiving the hardcopy.

Are you saying that you had signed up for text and email notices as well but did not get them for the NOA2? Instead only finding about it from the hard copy?

2014-05-12 I-129F Mailed
2014-05-21 NOA1:
2014-05-29 (ARN) Alien Registration Number
2014-08-11 Transfer (TSC to CSC)
2014-09-23 RFE:
2014-11-04 Denial of I-129f :cry:
2014-11-25 Married in Zhengzhou, Henan, China! (L):luv:
2015-01-08 I-130 Mailed (FedEx)
2015-01-12 I-130 Received by Chicago lockbox
2015-01-15 I-130 Check cleared bank
2015-01-13 I-130 NOA1 (Nebraska)
2015-04-17 I-130 NOA2 :dancing:
2015-04-20 Sent to NVC
2015-04-23 Received by NVC

y1OKm6.png

HLSmp8.png

iD6xm6.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Note that in some embassies, you must request the extension and there is no guarantee it will be granted. (You need to have a good reason to extend.)

Timeline

Are you saying that you had signed up for text and email notices as well but did not get them for the NOA2? Instead only finding about it from the hard copy?

My fiancé signed up for the email notice but went to another state, Florida, because my MIL was very sick there (cancer), was in & out of hospital, so my fiancé didn't check the email. Neighbor got the hardcopy & forwarded the hardcopy to Florida, so then only get to see the NOA2.

Timeline

Note that in some embassies, you must request the extension and there is no guarantee it will be granted. (You need to have a good reason to extend.)

Thanks. We'll apply for the passport today, can get it within the same day. I only found out yesterday that I can only apply the Certificate of Good Conduct online & that I must need my passport & photo. It'll be ready in 1-2 months. I saw others got it in less than a month, so hopefully I would've enough time. I wonder if I should just sit & wait for the embassy to send me the Packet 3, or if I should contact them. Reason is because it has been 36 days since NOA2, but then I haven't even got my papers together.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.