AnnaMaria

Interview Oct. 1st - Expedited Case - Please help VJ! :(

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi everyone, my medical is tomorrow and we're 9 days from the interview. It seems like the closer it gets, the more questions I have. Please, if you can answer this and help put our mind's at ease it would be very much appreciated.

Our case was expedited at the NVC stage after paying the AOS Fee and doing the DS-261 Choice of Agent form. The embassy approved the expedite and will apparently be accepting the AoS package and IV Package at the interview. My question is this :

Because they will be doing our case as expedited, will this automatically put us in Administrative Processing or will they take time at the interview to review the AoS Package and IV Package thoroughly enough to still give us an answer that day? We do have a Joint Sponsor and their documents are scheduled to arrive on this Wednesday and we will be 100% prepared for the interview. We would just like to know that since they are accepting our expedited case, will we possibly still receive a response that same day of interview? We are not concerned about bonafides, we have more than enough to prove our marriage is legit and going well, we've lived together here in Romania since last August.

One last question, if you can answer only the first, please do as all information helps! My husband filed a 2013 tax return so that he could receive a hard copy of a tax return to provide me for the interview, the situation is that he is on Social Security Disability (Not SSI)and Veteran's disability and after a lot of research and professional tax advice found out he was not even required to file due to his benefits not being enough to be taxable. He submitted a 1040x Amended Tax Return, but of course those transcripts are not ready. We are providing the embassy with an exact copy of the 1040x Amended Tax Return he sent the IRS, his SR-1099 Social Security Benefits statement for 2013, and the relevant IRS publications indicating why he is not required to file. He does not have enough income to sponsor on his own based on just his benefits, but our Joint Sponsor makes far, far, far more than the required amount. As long as he submits the documents I listed, and the Joint Sponsor's documents are good (His mom is providing everything listed; 2013 Tax Return, W-2, Pay Stubs, Letter of Employment, Original Birth Certificate, and even a letter stating we will be staying with her and she would ensure we would not become a public charge) will they be able to review this at the interview and give me an answer?

Basically, does an expedited case that requires the embassy to review the AoS and IV packages guarantee an AP or are we just as likely to receive our response of approval/denial the same as everyone else during the interview?

Thank you everyone, you've all helped so much on our Journey!

Edited by AnnaMaria
6/24/2014 - I-130 Shipped via UPS to Chicago

6/26/2014 - I-130 Received and signed for at USCIS

7/1/2014 - E-mail of acceptance with Receipt number - NoA 1 (Routed to California Service Center)

07/15/2014 - Change of Address via phone call with USCIS, confirmation via e-mail.

7/30/2014 - I-130 Approved at USCIS - NoA 2 E-mail

08/13/2014 - NVC Received Approved I-130 package from USCIS

08/21/2014 - Case Number and IIN created at NVC

08/25/2014 - Case Number and IIN received via phone call. DS-261 Available and completed online.

8/26/2014 - AoS Fee invoiced and paid online.

8/28/2014 - AoS Invoice status PAID

09/04/2014 - Expedite Request response - Must enter Beneficiary Date of Birth - Re-sent exact e-mail with requested info

09/10/2014 - Expedite Request e-mail received as "Under Review"

09/11/2014 - Expedite Request Approved - Confirmation via e-mail from U.S. Embassy in Bucharest, Romania

09/16/2014 - Embassy Received Case from NVC

09/16/2014 - Received E-mail from Embassy to Schedule our Interview and prepare documents

9/23/2014 - Medical Exam at Regina Maria - Results OK

10/01/2014 - Visa Approved!

10/03/2014 - Received Passport with Visa!

11/2/2104 - PoE Atlanta - Welcome to the US!

11/5/2014 - Paid $165 ELIS Fee

8/1/2016 - I-751 Packet sent in for Removal of Conditions!

8/15/2016 - Notice of Action 1 for I-751 - California Service Center

9/29/2016 - Received Biometrics Appointment

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

i think that you will get to know if u r approved or denied right away, but they might tell you that you are approved but there is AP and there is a chance to avoid the AP but being expedited does NOT cancel AP automatically, thats what i read in similar members cases

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Yes I understand that everyone gets a couple of days in AP waiting for their visa, but we were more curious as to whether they can review our packages at the interview and give us an answer then or if we have to go through AP while they process them.

6/24/2014 - I-130 Shipped via UPS to Chicago

6/26/2014 - I-130 Received and signed for at USCIS

7/1/2014 - E-mail of acceptance with Receipt number - NoA 1 (Routed to California Service Center)

07/15/2014 - Change of Address via phone call with USCIS, confirmation via e-mail.

7/30/2014 - I-130 Approved at USCIS - NoA 2 E-mail

08/13/2014 - NVC Received Approved I-130 package from USCIS

08/21/2014 - Case Number and IIN created at NVC

08/25/2014 - Case Number and IIN received via phone call. DS-261 Available and completed online.

8/26/2014 - AoS Fee invoiced and paid online.

8/28/2014 - AoS Invoice status PAID

09/04/2014 - Expedite Request response - Must enter Beneficiary Date of Birth - Re-sent exact e-mail with requested info

09/10/2014 - Expedite Request e-mail received as "Under Review"

09/11/2014 - Expedite Request Approved - Confirmation via e-mail from U.S. Embassy in Bucharest, Romania

09/16/2014 - Embassy Received Case from NVC

09/16/2014 - Received E-mail from Embassy to Schedule our Interview and prepare documents

9/23/2014 - Medical Exam at Regina Maria - Results OK

10/01/2014 - Visa Approved!

10/03/2014 - Received Passport with Visa!

11/2/2104 - PoE Atlanta - Welcome to the US!

11/5/2014 - Paid $165 ELIS Fee

8/1/2016 - I-751 Packet sent in for Removal of Conditions!

8/15/2016 - Notice of Action 1 for I-751 - California Service Center

9/29/2016 - Received Biometrics Appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.