pinayanne27

K1 Interview experience. help!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had my interview earlier and the consul didn't tell me that i was approved but instead handed me a domestic violence paper and asked to wait for my number to be called. I Had a very short and easy interview which i will soon share here.

The Filipino guy at the last window ( window 72) said that I can go home now and wait for my visa to be mailed.

Am i approved or i need to wait for the ceac status update?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you will remember my timeline, I wrote there my experience. I also did not hear the word approved from the consular officer, he just said, wait for further instructions.. I waited for my number to be called, and it was at window 72, a guy told me to wait for my visa at home..

You are approved. Check your CEAC status later, you will see, ready.. Check after 2 or more days, you will see AP.. Then wait again, it will be ISSUED..

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Edited by Emanettes

Timeline

If you will remember my timeline, I wrote there my experience. I also did not hear the word approved from the consular officer, he just said, wait for further instructions.. I waited for my number to be called, and it was at window 72, a guy told me to wait for my visa at home..

You are approved. Check your CEAC status later, you will see, ready.. Check after 2 or more days, you will see AP.. Then wait again, it will be ISSUED..

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

When i got home i checked it right away, Ready Status update date Sept 22. And a while ago i checked again:

"Case creation date; Sept 22

Status update date: Sept 22

READY

Your Case is Open. Please check your status after 2 business days.. "

After how many days did you get your visa? Pick up or delivery at home?

Approved.

Congratulations and welcome to USA! :)

Yikes for real? :) You encountered the same thing?

Well, not really. Because I specifically asked the consul before I left if I was approved and he said "Yes you are approved". He looked like an old Macauley Culkin with glasses :rolleyes: I think he said this mainly because I was literally the LAST one to have her interview. The whole place was almost empty and he could see I was very tired.

Timeline

When i got home i checked it right away, Ready Status update date Sept 22. And a while ago i checked again:

"Case creation date; Sept 22

Status update date: Sept 22

READY

Your Case is Open. Please check your status after 2 business days.. "

After how many days did you get your visa? Pick up or delivery at home?

September 10- interview, READY

September 11- AP

September 12- Issued

September 13 and 14 - weekend

September 15- I tracked my passport here : http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-passportretrieve.asp , and it said it was still in post.

September 16- i tracked my passport again and it said processing for delivery. Then I tracked my passport here : http://supplychain.2go.com.ph/CustomerSupport/etrace/index.asp

September 17- i got my passport at 6pm. Delivered.

Timeline

September 10- interview, READY

September 11- AP

September 12- Issued

September 13 and 14 - weekend

September 15- I tracked my passport here : http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-passportretrieve.asp , and it said it was still in post.

September 16- i tracked my passport again and it said processing for delivery. Then I tracked my passport here : http://supplychain.2go.com.ph/CustomerSupport/etrace/index.asp

September 17- i got my passport at 6pm. Delivered.

Wow that was fast. Thanks so much for the info :)

Timeline

You are welcome.. The only advice I can give to you, RELAX.. Each case is different.. Like these people I met during the whole process...

Lady A - got her visa in 3 days

Lady B - got her visa in 4 days

Lady C- got her visa in 8 days

Lady D- got her visa in 10 days.

**Some people I met went to AP for 2 or 3 weeks, but after they checked CEAC and it was issued, they got their passport with visa after 3-4 days.

All were delivered at home, approved, and they are all now in the US.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Reality is you are not approved until you see ISSUED status.

From the embassy instructions letter: " No Embassy representative is authorized to tell you that a visa has been approved until a consular officer authorizes printing of the visa."

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.