JAYANN & JAY

After 1 Year (September 23)

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all. I just wanted to give a little updated since it will be 1 year since my husband came to the states. I petitioned my husband then fiancé on March 2013 and our petition got approve July 2013 (4 months). The whole month of August we prepared for his medical, CFO and interview. We schedule his interview August 20, 2013 but unfortunately it got cancelled because of the rain so USEM told all the people that had interviews that day to come back August 26, 2013 and again it got cancelled because of the rally for the pork barrel, we didn't know what to do since USEM was being difficult about giving information out so my husband decided to do a walk-in interview the following day August 27, 2013 and luckily he was able to get interviewed. I was very nervous about what was going to happen since I was not able to be there for his interview...I could not sleep until he texted me to say he was APPROVED. After about a week or so his visa arrived and he picked up at 2Go MOA and then went to the CFO to get his sticker.. we booked his ticket as soon as he got his visa on hand and September 23, 2013 he arrived in New York (JFK). That Thursday after his arrival we went to the city hall where we live to get our marriage license and the following week we picked up our marriage license and called the courthouse to schedule a date for our marriage. October 8, 2013 we got married and 1 month later we filed for his AOS we mailed it on November 2, 2013... 1 month later he was schedule to do his biometrics (December 11) so we waited to see when his EAD/AP would arrive and luckily after a month January 6, 2014 his EAD/AP arrived in the mail. Once he got his EAD he started looking for a job and was able to land a couple of interviews but no luck since he had no local experience yet. January 22 a tragedy happened, my husband's grandmother died and my hubby wanted to go home to the Philippines for the funeral but unfortunately my parents and his aunt got scared that if he goes to the Philippines just with the AP and without the GC he may not be able to come back so he was very sad he wasn't there for his grandmother's funeral. March 2014 our very nice neighbor helped him get a job at a local Popeyes near where we live. We received a letter from USCIS on February 2014 saying that our interview was going to be waived and that we had to wait 6 months to get his green card but luckily his GC arrived on April 2014. After working at Popeyes for 5 month he landed a job at the hospital near our house (walking distance...YAY) ...btw my hubby is a nursing graduate from PI but unfortunately he did not pass his nursing license in the PI. We actually had a struggle and battle of him not becoming a RN in the Philippines since my family were judging him that he won't be able to give me the good life I deserve because he isn't a RN but with hard work and determination he proved my family wrong that even though he isn't a RN he is lucky enough to find a job in the hospital and hopefully next year he will get his nursing license to become a RN.

For all those that are going through challenges DON'T GIVE...LISTEN TO YOUR HEART & FOLLOW IT. Also take one step at a time and everything you want will eventually come to you. Don't worry all the waiting from the time of petition to when your love one comes to the states is all WORTH it :)

JAYANN & JAY

K1 VISA PROCESS

03.05.13: I-129F Sent
03.12.13: I-129F NOA1 (Vermont Service Center)
07.12.13: I-129F NOA2 (Petition approved)

08.27.13: Interview - APPROVED

09.23.13: POE to JFK

10.08.13: WEDDING DAY

AOS PROCESS

11.02.13: AOS/AP/EAD Sent

11.08.13: NOA1

12.11.13:Biometrics

01.06.14: EAD/AP combo card received

02.07.14: Received an interview waiver letter

04.18.14: Green Card received

ROC PROCESS

03.08.16: ROC Sent

03.12.16: NOA1

04.04.16:Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Applause to you! What a wonderful story. Your words of encouragement to others is just what many are looking to hear. I wish you great joy and a properous future.

Hello all. I just wanted to give a little updated since it will be 1 year since my husband came to the states. I petitioned my husband then fiancé on March 2013 and our petition got approve July 2013 (4 months). The whole month of August we prepared for his medical, CFO and interview. We schedule his interview August 20, 2013 but unfortunately it got cancelled because of the rain so USEM told all the people that had interviews that day to come back August 26, 2013 and again it got cancelled because of the rally for the pork barrel, we didn't know what to do since USEM was being difficult about giving information out so my husband decided to do a walk-in interview the following day August 27, 2013 and luckily he was able to get interviewed. I was very nervous about what was going to happen since I was not able to be there for his interview...I could not sleep until he texted me to say he was APPROVED. After about a week or so his visa arrived and he picked up at 2Go MOA and then went to the CFO to get his sticker.. we booked his ticket as soon as he got his visa on hand and September 23, 2013 he arrived in New York (JFK). That Thursday after his arrival we went to the city hall where we live to get our marriage license and the following week we picked up our marriage license and called the courthouse to schedule a date for our marriage. October 8, 2013 we got married and 1 month later we filed for his AOS we mailed it on November 2, 2013... 1 month later he was schedule to do his biometrics (December 11) so we waited to see when his EAD/AP would arrive and luckily after a month January 6, 2014 his EAD/AP arrived in the mail. Once he got his EAD he started looking for a job and was able to land a couple of interviews but no luck since he had no local experience yet. January 22 a tragedy happened, my husband's grandmother died and my hubby wanted to go home to the Philippines for the funeral but unfortunately my parents and his aunt got scared that if he goes to the Philippines just with the AP and without the GC he may not be able to come back so he was very sad he wasn't there for his grandmother's funeral. March 2014 our very nice neighbor helped him get a job at a local Popeyes near where we live. We received a letter from USCIS on February 2014 saying that our interview was going to be waived and that we had to wait 6 months to get his green card but luckily his GC arrived on April 2014. After working at Popeyes for 5 month he landed a job at the hospital near our house (walking distance...YAY) ...btw my hubby is a nursing graduate from PI but unfortunately he did not pass his nursing license in the PI. We actually had a struggle and battle of him not becoming a RN in the Philippines since my family were judging him that he won't be able to give me the good life I deserve because he isn't a RN but with hard work and determination he proved my family wrong that even though he isn't a RN he is lucky enough to find a job in the hospital and hopefully next year he will get his nursing license to become a RN.

For all those that are going through challenges DON'T GIVE...LISTEN TO YOUR HEART & FOLLOW IT. Also take one step at a time and everything you want will eventually come to you. Don't worry all the waiting from the time of petition to when your love one comes to the states is all WORTH it :)

The kindness we give to others may never be recognized by the ugly souls we encounter in the vast jungle of humanity, but what we give will echo brilliantly in the smiles of those who have received it.

Timeline

Glad all is going well for you two. Ups - Dns ... as long as you walk side by side together all will be good.

Thanks Hank. Without your help & all the experts here I couldn't have done this journey alone :) The petition / aos process became a piece of cake thanks to you & all the others here.

JAYANN & JAY

K1 VISA PROCESS

AOS PROCESS

ROC PROCESS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

..btw my hubby is a nursing graduate from PI but unfortunately he did not pass his nursing license in the PI. We actually had a struggle and battle of him not becoming a RN in the Philippines since my family were judging him that he won't be able to give me the good life I deserve because he isn't a RN but with hard work and determination he proved my family wrong that even though he isn't a RN he is lucky enough to find a job in the hospital and hopefully next year he will get his nursing license to become a RN.

:)

Most states don't require you to have you RN licenses in Philippines in order to get a RN license in USA.

Most want your transcripts evaluated by a 3rd party place like CGNFS, ERES. And to make sure the textbooks were in English and after paying fee to the State Board of Nursing, and usually a Criminal History also, you can sit for the NCLEX/RN exam.

Good luck.

Timeline

Most states don't require you to have you RN licenses in Philippines in order to get a RN license in USA.

Most want your transcripts evaluated by a 3rd party place like CGNFS, ERES. And to make sure the textbooks were in English and after paying fee to the State Board of Nursing, and usually a Criminal History also, you can sit for the NCLEX/RN exam.

Good luck.

Yea here in New Jersey they require a RN from the Philippines but I know in NYC just like you said they want your transcripts evaluated by CGFNS. Luckily the hospital where my husband works will sponsor his education and will hire him as an RN when he passed the NCLEX.

JAYANN & JAY

K1 VISA PROCESS

AOS PROCESS

ROC PROCESS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.