ariana623

I-134 co-sponser

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am submitting for a K-1. I am a student, and have been well, forever! My mother has agreed to co-sponsor my fiance, but she doesnt want to supply her income because she doesnt think it's any of his business. SHe owns 2 homes and we share bonds that are worth quite a lot. If we put that and other similar assets, can we leave off her income? By the way she is retired, so she has her pention and her salary since she hates sitting around! Thanks so much!!!

Also, how much does a life insurance policy matter towards assests, since I noticed there's a spot for it. Thanks!

Hi all, I am submitting for a K-1. I am a student, and have been well, forever! My mother has agreed to co-sponsor my fiance, but she doesnt want to supply her income because she doesnt think it's any of his business. SHe owns 2 homes and we share bonds that are worth quite a lot. If we put that and other similar assets, can we leave off her income? By the way she is retired, so she has her pention and her salary since she hates sitting around! Thanks so much!!!

Also, how much does a life insurance policy matter towards assests, since I noticed there's a spot for it. Thanks!

You definitely need to enter in the income! You need a letter from her employer to verify that info is correct also. You also need to attach previous tax returns that also have her income on there.

Having assets shows stability, but you need income to survive. The embassy/USCIS will be looking to make sure that you are over 125% poverty line, and you cant do that with showing $0 in income. Also, they figure if your fiance needs help and your mom is the co-sponsor, that she will give a portion of her salary to help out. Liquidating assets such as homes or bonds takes time, and in the mean time they figure your fiance could become a burden to the US. If your mom doesn't want to list her income, you should start looking for a new co-sponsor.

12140.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
My mother has agreed to co-sponsor my fiance, but she doesnt want to supply her income because she doesnt think it's any of his business. SHe owns 2 homes and we share bonds that are worth quite a lot. If we put that and other similar assets, can we leave off her income?

I don't remember where I read it, but if I remember right, your mother can send the papers showing her income and other finances directly somewhere (embassy?) so that the beneficiary won't see them. Perhaps someone here has more information about this.

K-1, AOS, ROC
2007, 2009, 2011

Naturalization

2016-05-17 - N-400 package sent

2016-05-21 - NOA1 (IOE receipt number)

2016-06-15 - Biometrics

2016-11-08 - Citizenship interview in Detroit: approved
2016-12-16 - Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.