Tam26

help plzz !!!

7 posts in this topic

I applied for my husband and on his passport he does not have a space between his first name but when i applied for his i 130 i did put a space between his first name, is it going to be a problem?? i didn't send the civil documents yet cause i know i have to give them the copy of my husband's passport. I am so confused!! really do not know what to do?? :mellow:

I applied for my husband and on his passport he does not have a space between his first name but when i applied for his i 130 i did put a space between his first name, is it going to be a problem?? i didn't send the civil documents yet cause i know i have to give them the copy of my husband's passport. I am so confused!! really do not know what to do?? :mellow:

I think if his name really has spaces, then that should be reflected in his passport.

If you're in the NVC, Im not sure if that would cause problems. But I think you have to correct what needs to be corrected before submitting it to NVC. Is his name in his passport (no space) correct? If not, then have it corrected.

Edited by NKrishMT

USCIS

05/13/2014: Sent I-130 to USCIS

05/19/2014: NOA1 Email Received. Assigned to NSC.

05/22/2014: NOA1 Hardcopy

06/16/2014: NOA2 Email. Approved. :dancing:

06/19/2014: NOA2 Hardcopy

06/20/2014: I-130 shipped to NVC

NVC

07/02/2014: Case received at NVC

07/11/2014: NVC confirmed they received our package on July 2.

07/23/2014: Got Case Number, IIN, BIN

07/30/2014: DS-261 Available and Completed

08/01/2014: Received NVC Instructions & AOS Invoice (Email)

08/01/2014: Called NVC to rectify spelling of address

08/03/2014: Paid AOS fee on CEAC (in process)

08/05/2014: AOS Fee in PAID status

08/13/2014: AOS Packet Mailed

08/14/2014: AOS Received at NVC

08/15/2014: AOS Scanned

09/03/2014: DS-261 Reviewed according to NVC rep

Waited for 41 days (29 business days) for IV invoice :dancing:

09/09/2014: Received IV invoice (Email)

09/10/2014: Paid IV fee on CEAC (in process)

09/11/2014: IV fee in PAID status

09/11/2014: IV Packet Mailed

09/12/2014: DS-260 Completed

09/12/2014: IV Packed received at NVC
09/15/2014: IV Scanned
Waited for 35 calendar days for AOS Acceptance and Case Complete :clock:

10/21/2014: Case Complete :dancing::whistle:

10/31/2014: Received Interview Instructions (P4)

EMBASSY

11/04/2014: Medical Exam at SLEC (2-day process) PASSED!

12/01/2014: Interview APPROVED! :dance:

12/09/2014: Visa on Hand

If you're in the NVC, Im not sure if that would cause problems. But I think you have to correct what needs to be corrected before submitting it to NVC. Is his name in his passport (no space) correct? If not, then have it corrected.

hey thanks for the replay :) now here is the thing, not only the passport also in his birth certificate and marriage certificate none of them has a space between his first name but i know its my fault i did a mistake i put a space on his first name and i didn't realize it until i was preparing his civil documents :crying: now if i want to make it without a space i have to tell him to make everything all over again ..... i don't know so confusing??!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Not a big deal right now.

You have two choices,

1. Have his passport amended

Or

2. When it comes to NVC stage, fill out the ds-260 exactly as it is in the passport, with no space.

If all the civil docs have no space, then filling out ds-260 in the existing name format is the best bet.

Edited by MUXAGIRL

Not a big deal right now.

You have two choices,

1. Have his passport amended

Or

2. When it comes to NVC stage, fill out the ds-260 exactly as it is in the passport, with no space.

If all the civil docs have no space, then filling out ds-260 in the existing name format is the best bet.

thank a lott :) i am definitely trying that... thnkxxxx

My 2 cents: so far sounds like the only mistake/error that was made was on the I-130 application and his name actually doesn't contain a space. If that is correct I don't think it would be reasonable to expect all his documents including your docs from wedding. Not sure what stage you are in but if you are waiting for NOA2, and do get and RFE, make the correction. Else you can contact USCIS and tell them saying there is a typo. My suggestion just wait and see how you get the NOA2 and if it contains the space in his name, call them to fix it up.

If you are on NVC, you can call them too for correction. Keep on mind we all mistakes and they do understand that. Not that this is a serious type of error and you may have none very little impact on your quest :-)

Just don't worry and check out where you are (update your timeline with some basics) and you can get really helpful info. Good luck

My 2 cents: so far sounds like the only mistake/error that was made was on the I-130 application and his name actually doesn't contain a space. If that is correct I don't think it would be reasonable to expect all his documents including your docs from wedding. Not sure what stage you are in but if you are waiting for NOA2, and do get and RFE, make the correction. Else you can contact USCIS and tell them saying there is a typo. My suggestion just wait and see how you get the NOA2 and if it contains the space in his name, call them to fix it up.

If you are on NVC, you can call them too for correction. Keep on mind we all mistakes and they do understand that. Not that this is a serious type of error and you may have none very little impact on your quest :-)

Just don't worry and check out where you are (update your timeline with some basics) and you can get really helpful info. Good luck

Hey thnkx a lot for you replay.. now im at the nvc stage i just did my ds 261 and pay my aso fees n now im waiting for iv fee. I still have to do my ds 260 ... n send them all the papers they need but now i am on that blockage that they are having at least for 60 days :(

again thnkx :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.