Leapnthamix

Military Expedite Prior to Deployment

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

We have a pending k1 visa application and we have not received noa2 until now. My fiancé is from the military but we didn't know that we can request to expedite so we submitted without attaching a cover letter to request for expedite. He has orders for deployment early next year and we were hoping that I'll be with him before he gets deployed. Anyway, he called the mil hotline yesterday and was asked by the customer service about his reasons for requesting to expedite. Te customer service was the one who formulated the request to expedite and to wait for a call from them. We were wondering if that's how it is done. Dont we need to submit a letter of request or something? Did we call/go to the right person. Thanks so much.

Yes, you called the right people. I'm not sure about the callback but I'm pretty sure they will send an email with the criteria for expedite and instructions on what to send to supplement your request. You can send the deployment orders if it's available or a letter from his commanding officer explaining his pending deployment. You will have to fax it to them.

Edited by iammrsregi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks! :)

I viewed your timeline. We applied for the petition about same time as you did last year. You started yours June 27, 2013 and we started ours June 26, 2014. I hope ours goes as smoothly as yours did. Although we're still hoping that we can fast track it cuz of his deployment next year. Anyways, thanks! :)

Yes, mine went through without any headaches. Just remember, you will have to request for an expedite on every step of the process. USCIS, NVC and at the embassy. These are all separate requests.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hello,

If you need to expedite I dont recommend trusting the USCIS phone line. It is always better to submit a letter in order to expedite. I have a couple of questions:

1)Does your husband has his orders already? They will usually get this 90 days before departure. When is he leaving?

2) Is he leaving deployed by a year or is he PSCsing there and you can go with him?

Pamela

Pamela

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Hello,

If you need to expedite I dont recommend trusting the USCIS phone line. It is always better to submit a letter in order to expedite. I have a couple of questions:

1)Does your husband has his orders already? They will usually get this 90 days before departure. When is he leaving?

2) Is he leaving deployed by a year or is he PSCsing there and you can go with him?

Pamela

Hello Pamela,

I am new to Visa Journey. My fiancee is a US Marine, currently stationed in Japan. Because she is not about to be deployed, do you think we could still qualify for an expedite processing?

Thank you so very much. I am grateful for any feedback

Edited by czechtn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.