Cunuck waiting

Interview approved to passport back in hand

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

our interview is on Monday, September 29. What is the typical timeline to have your passport returned?

I normally fly every other week so I do have travel plans on October 11.

Do you think that will grant me enough time?

25-March-2013 - I-130 petition sent to Chicago Lockbox

29-March-2013 - NOA1

14-November-2013 - Notice of transfer to Nebraska Service Centre from NBC

08-January-2014 - Approved!

21-January-2014 - NVC Received

04-March-2014 - Case # and Invoice # received via phone (Mailed today)

05-March-2014 - DS-261 available and submitted to NVC

12-March-2014 - Sent ENROLL for EP EMAIL

21-March-2014 - AOS fee shows paid

28-March-2014 - Approved for EP Enrollment OPTIN

17-April-2014 - Paid IV fee payment of $230

23-April-2014 - DS-260 available and submitted

15-May-2014-1st Check-list for AOS

21-May-2014-Send AOS checklist item

5-June-2014-Check-list for DS-260

10-June-2014- Sent checklist item

25-June-2014-NVC agent said case was "scanned in" although I am EP

31-July-2014-Case complete - found out via calling NVC

14-August-2014-Received Interview date via calling NVC

29-September-2014-Interview Scheduled (moved from Sept 22 for work reasons)

01-October -2014 - Passport delivered and VISA in hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

No guarantees......Some get the back within a few days..some longer....if ur orginally from a country thats not on good terms with the USA..may get put into additional processing (AP)....if u have some kind of degree that deals with chemicals may equal AP.....Sometimes people get accepted for AP....Computers can go down, resulting in additional time. I would mention that you travel a fair deal and require the passport, may/may not help, but does not hurt to mention that.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

It can take a few days to a month or more. Generally figure for at least 2 weeks.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

I was on AP for 2 weeks ( I got 221g). Got letter from Embassy after 4 weeks from interview to send our passports back, so I did and they got the passports on Sep. 10th. My status date updated on Friday Sep.12th, then on Tuesday Sep.16th changed to ready and yesterday Sep.17 my status shows: issued!!!!.

I am waiting for the passports to be sent out. I hope they going to send them today :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sure as - you-know-what...if you have tight travel plans soon after, that will be the time it takes longer. Hope for the best of course but there are no guarantees

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

It is 50 days that I am waiting for my passport. This is way longer than I expected. This is AP for sure and unfortunately Montreal consulate is always slow. Add that September is a high season as the lottery winners' applications are considered in this month or so. A friend of mine told me his visa issuance took 2 months so I am hoping that I will get it in the next few days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.