caiti92

I-134 Question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

So, I make literally zero money at the moment and am unemployed, as I am a full time student. My mother has agreed to co-sponsor my fiance for his K-1 and I believe she makes plenty of money, even for a household size of 3 (her, me + my fiance). She makes $42,000 and I believe 125% of poverty for household size of 3 is $25,000. We've provided her W-2s from previous years, pay stubs and a letter from her employer to prove her income, but I'm wondering is if I still need to provide any proof or evidence with my I-134 because I have no income or assets and therefore have nothing to prove. Is this correct?

Edited by caiti92

I am the petitioner.

02/11/14 - Mailed I-129F petition to Texas Lock Box

02/20/14 - NOA1 Received Electronically

02/25/14 - Alien Registration Number changed

08/08/14 - Contacted Congressman/Senators

08/12/14 - NOA2 Received Electronically (173 days)

08/12/14 - Medical Exam in Blackrock

08/16/14 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received

08/18/14 - Case sent to NVC from TSC

08/26/14 - NVC Received

08/27/14 - NVC Case # Assigned

08/29/14 - NVC Left

09/04/14 - Dublin Embassy Received

09/04/14 - Packet 3 Received

09/08/14 - Packet 3 Returned

09/11/14 - Packet 4 Received

09/22/14 - Interview Date - APPROVED!

10/22/14 - POE (Dublin)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Why would you want to get married with zero income and knowing you spouse will have zero income for months or years to come. How do the two of you expect to live??

This isn't very helpful at all and, frankly, none of your business. If you must know, however:

I am in my final semester in college with 3 months remaining and the promise of a job waiting for me when I finish. Additionally, he possess a degree, as well, and has worked here in the states before. It is untrue that he will have "zero income for years to come" as EADs are approved within 90 days of submitting AoS and his education and experience are in a field where many positions are available in our area. We want to get married because we have been engaged for two years and, obviously, love each other dearly and no longer want to be apart. The same reason as anyone else and you have no right to judge our situation. We "expect to live" because I currently live at home with my mother who has very graciously offered to put us up until we are able to get our feet on the ground (which will be for less than 2 months after he arrives). We have also lived together with her for the year he was here working on a J-1 visa and this is why she has offered to sponsor him so that he may return as soon as possible and we do not have to wait until I have been working an entire year to even be together.

I would appreciate that if you have nothing helpful to say, then please refrain from saying anything at all.

Edited by caiti92

I am the petitioner.

02/11/14 - Mailed I-129F petition to Texas Lock Box

02/20/14 - NOA1 Received Electronically

02/25/14 - Alien Registration Number changed

08/08/14 - Contacted Congressman/Senators

08/12/14 - NOA2 Received Electronically (173 days)

08/12/14 - Medical Exam in Blackrock

08/16/14 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received

08/18/14 - Case sent to NVC from TSC

08/26/14 - NVC Received

08/27/14 - NVC Case # Assigned

08/29/14 - NVC Left

09/04/14 - Dublin Embassy Received

09/04/14 - Packet 3 Received

09/08/14 - Packet 3 Returned

09/11/14 - Packet 4 Received

09/22/14 - Interview Date - APPROVED!

10/22/14 - POE (Dublin)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

If you have a co-sponsor meeting the 125% income requirement it should be fine. Apart from the documentation you listed, you may provide her most recent years tax return and a letter from your uni stating the tenure of your course just in case they decide to ask for it.

The I-134 will be submitted by your Fiancee during her interview so she should be prepared to answer any questions related to it that the Consular officer may ask her, like, what does your fiance do, how will you both manage your finances after marriage since he's not earning, when will he get a job, etc.

I129F sent (CSC) : 02-Jun-14

NOA1 date : 04-Jun-14

NOA2 date : 17-Jun-14 (13 days from NOA1)

NVC Case# Assigned : 02-Jul-14

Consulate Email received : 15-Jul-14

Interview Date scheduled : 14-Aug-14

Interview Status : APPROVED! (71 days from NOA1)

POE date : 12-Sep-14 WE'RE TOGETHER!!

USC petitioner and co-sponsor need to fill out their own I-134 and supply the supporting documentation. Your co-sponsor should also provide proof of being a USC or LPR just in case they need it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.