Javi&Kel

How we met(K1 Petition)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi Guys,

I'm getting ready to file our petition, and I just typed up "how we met." We met through our mutual friend, his old classmate, my current roommate. I honestly freaked out reading someone's post about how they got denied and don't know why, but some are specaluting it could be due to their families knowing each other. Anyway, do you guys think us being connected through this mutual friend could raise a Fraud red flag? It is absolutely not fraud, we met through her and we absolutely love her and thank her for introducing us. We started talking online and I've gone to visit him twice now, and will be going back next week actually. What do you guys think? Is it normal to freak out? I feel so dumb. If you guys want more details I would be more than happy to provide them.

TIA!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think they'd only be suspicious of cultures where arranged marriages are common. Wouldn't think you'd have anything to worry about.

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-03

I-129F NOA1: 2014-03-10

I-129F NOA2: 2014-08-28

Sent to NVC: 2014-09-03

Arrived at NVC: 2014-09-12

Case Number: 2014-09-16

Embassy Received Case: 2014-09-23

Medical (Passed). 2014-10-23

Interview (APPROVED) 2014-12-18

Visa In Hand. 2014-12-30

MOVING DAY!!! 2015-01-02

Wedding!! 2015-01-24

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If you're talking about the same post I read, Your situation is a bit different. You can find alot of reasons to stress and freak out reading all the horror stories here. I know I've done it too. Try not to worry, send them the evidence of your meetings, pics, etc and you should be fine.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just be honest with how you met and your story - no need to worry! A lot of people meet through mutual friends - I can't imagine that one particular detail causing you any problems.

Congrats on your engagement and best wishes on your journey!

s-event.png s-event.png
IR-1/CR-1 Visa : National Benefits Center NVC Received: 2014-01-08
Consulate : Montreal, Canada NVC Case Number: 2014-02-07
Marriage : 2013-02-22 Paid I-864 Bill: 2014-02-13
I-130 Sent : 2013-03-16 Sent I-864 Docs: 2014-02-14
I-130 NOA1 : 2013-03-20 Paid IV Bill: 2014-03-03
Trans. to NSC : 2013-11-05 Sent IV Docs: 2014-03-04
I-130 NOA2: 2013-12-16 Submitted DS-260: 2014-03-06

Case Complete 2014-03-21

Interview & APPROVED 2014-05-08

POE 2014-06-21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Thanks guys, you are so right about reading the horror stories. I just called him and told him about that one post and how I had to post here and get advice and he just laughed and said, we have to be honest and trust God. Honesty is our best policy.. Have a good day!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.