anja001

Job change I 864?

22 posts in this topic

My Cr1 interview is soon we already submited I 864 to NVC however my husband USC(petitioner)recently changed job and address.His new current salary is 55,387 per year.Do we need a joint sponsor?Can we just submit a new I 864 at the interview?Will the consular officer accept new I 864 that reflects new job and new address?What will we do with the DS260 it has the old address of my husband(petitioner) is there any way we can change it?

I hope somebody can give me some answers regarding this

Inform the CO at interview of the changes. Supply a new I-864 and documents at the interview. But be prepared for still needing a joint sponsor because the job is new.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Inform the CO at interview of the changes. Supply a new I-864 and documents at the interview. But be prepared for still needing a joint sponsor because the job is new.

we already prepared that our joint sponsor current individual annual income is 62,654 he is married and has no children

he also included his 3 years of taxes,w2 just to be safe his spouse filled I 864A he also included his passport,birth certificate,social security

will the CO review I 864 there at the spot?

Edited by anj00

we already prepared that our joint sponsor current individual annual income is 62,654 he is married and has no children

he also included his 3 years of taxes,w2 just to be safe his spouse filled I 864A he also included his passport,birth certificate,social security

will the CO review I 864 there at the spot?

likely yes if you say the circumstances of the I--864 has changed.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

likely yes if you say the circumstances of the I--864 has changed.

Wht about the address change?Can it be changed at the interview?or my husband has to file I 865?or do i wait and the once in the US i will file AR-11 and my husband I 865?

Change everything that needs to be changed at the interview. Just tell them you need to update addresses and make sure you take a NEW I-864.

Change everything that needs to be changed at the interview. Just tell them you need to update addresses and make sure you take a NEW I-864.

what about DS260 since i filled that electronically?can this also be done at the embassy? once in the US i will file AR-11 and my husband I 865 is this correct?I 865 confuses me will my husband file it now or shall we wait until i arrive in the US?

what about DS260 since i filled that electronically?can this also be done at the embassy? once in the US i will file AR-11 and my husband I 865 is this correct?I 865 confuses me will my husband file it now or shall we wait until i arrive in the US?

No

Have the petitioner send the beneficiary a NEW I-864 with the address and job updated to take to the interview. The beneficiary tells the CO (the person doing the interview) that they need to update the I--864 and the US address.

Do not file an ar-11 or I-865. Those are only filed after the beneficiary is an LPR in the USA and because the beneficiary updated adresses at interview they are not necessary unless you move again, after becoming an LPR.

You do not need either form at this time.

Edited by NLR

No

Have the petitioner send the beneficiary a NEW I-864 with the address and job updated to take to the interview. The beneficiary tells the CO (the person doing the interview) that they need to update the I--864 and the US address.

Do not file an ar-11 or I-865. Those are only filed after the beneficiary is an LPR in the USA and because the beneficiary updated adresses at interview they are not necessary unless you move again, after becoming an LPR.

You do not need either form at this time.

what about DS260?is it possible to correct it at the interview?

You dont. You just update the petitioners and potential address with the CO. The ds-260 was correct when you submitted it and can't be updated. You can't submit a new one. By updating the addresses with the CO you are doing the only thing that needs to be done in the manner of which you can do it.

• 2 weeks later...

You dont. You just update the petitioners and potential address with the CO. The ds-260 was correct when you submitted it and can't be updated. You can't submit a new one. By updating the addresses with the CO you are doing the only thing that needs to be done in the manner of which you can do it.

one more question does the employment letter need to be original or can it be a printed version of employment letter?this is for my cr1 interview

one more question does the employment letter need to be original or can it be a printed version of employment letter?this is for my cr1 interview

It doesn't matter, it's not required to have one.

It doesn't matter, it's not required to have one.

for my cr1 interview i have to bring new i 864 which reflects my husbands job change however he still hasnt moved to a new apartment and is temporarily staying at his moms place in New Jersey can we put his moms address on the new i 864?his dad is the joint sponsor for me and we used his address on DS-260 AND DS-261 AND WE PUT his Florida address there.Will this be an issue?

Edited by anj00

Was your husband living with his dad before? How long until interview? Will he be in the new place then?

Was your husband living with his dad before? How long until interview? Will he be in the new place then?

we used his dads address on everything because we knew if he doesnt go back to his old job we would have to use a joint sponsor for the most part after the old job said no to him he was interviewing for a new position as a teacher in New Jersey.15 more days until my interview since i know we will probably need a joint sponsor since the job is new we decided that the green card will be mailed to his dads address.We dont know yet when the moving will happen i am not sure about this upcoming week but next week will happen which doesnt help since my interview is on the 22.Shall we just put his dads address on the new i 864 form which contains his new job info?the only issue is his dad is in Florida and his mom is in New jERSEY thats why we were thinking of putting his moms address on the new form. and then once in the US i can file AR-11 AND my husband I 865?

Edited by anj00

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.