I'm Gone

Thou Shalt Not Speak Ill of Bush

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Just in the last few months, Bartlett said, I think a light has gone off for people who've spent time up close to Bush: that this instinct he's always talking about is this sort of weird, Messianic idea of what he thinks God has told him to do. Bartlett, a 53-year-old columnist and self-described libertarian Republican who has lately been a champion for traditional Republicans concerned about Bush's governance, went on to say: This is why George W. Bush is so clear-eyed about Al Qaeda and the Islamic fundamentalist enemy. He believes you have to kill them all. They can’t be persuaded, that they're extremists, driven by a dark vision. He understands them, because he's just like them

This is why he dispenses with people who confront him with inconvenient facts, Bartlett went on to say. He truly believes he' on a mission from God. Absolute faith like that overwhelms a need for analysis. The whole thing about faith is to believe things for which there is no empirical evidence. Bartlett paused, then said, But you can' run the world on faith.

That, right there, is Bush in a nutshell. A religous fanatic. Nothing more and nothing less.
Not sure I agree there. He's only religious when it suits him.
Aren't all religious fanatics religious only when it serves their purpose?
Yes - but you can separate people who hold genuine spiritual / religious views from those who are merely pretending, saying the right thing so they can get kudos and applause from certain sections of the electorate.

Like the "Islamic fundamentalist enemy" or one George W Bush, or one Pat Robertson. All utilizing religion to push their agendas without actually being particularly religious. They do believe that they're on a godly mission of some sort but they just got it all wrong in their heads. That's what a religious fanatic is, IMHO.

Edited by ET-US2004

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just in the last few months, Bartlett said, I think a light has gone off for people who've spent time up close to Bush: that this instinct he's always talking about is this sort of weird, Messianic idea of what he thinks God has told him to do. Bartlett, a 53-year-old columnist and self-described libertarian Republican who has lately been a champion for traditional Republicans concerned about Bush's governance, went on to say: This is why George W. Bush is so clear-eyed about Al Qaeda and the Islamic fundamentalist enemy. He believes you have to kill them all. They can’t be persuaded, that they're extremists, driven by a dark vision. He understands them, because he's just like them

This is why he dispenses with people who confront him with inconvenient facts, Bartlett went on to say. He truly believes he' on a mission from God. Absolute faith like that overwhelms a need for analysis. The whole thing about faith is to believe things for which there is no empirical evidence. Bartlett paused, then said, But you can' run the world on faith.

That, right there, is Bush in a nutshell. A religous fanatic. Nothing more and nothing less.
Yes - but you can separate people who hold genuine spiritual / religious views from those who are merely pretending, saying the right thing so they can get kudos and applause from certain sections of the electorate.

Like the "Islamic fundamentalist enemy" or one George W Bush, or one Pat Robertson. All utilizing religion to push their agendas without actually being particularly religious. They do believe that they're on a godly mission of some sort but they just got it all wrong in their heads. That's what a religious fanatic is, IMHO.

That's where I disagree - I don't believe George thinks he following some sort of holy destiny.

wow..thought provoking/// :yes:

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Timeline

That's where I disagree - I don't believe George thinks he following some sort of holy destiny.

No person other than Geroge himself will ever know for sure. But he publicly professed more than once that he is indeed on God's mission. If he told you something that he didn't share with the rest of America, then I shall stand corrected. ;)

Edited by ET-US2004

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

No person other than Geroge himself will ever know for sure. But he publicly professed more than once that he is indeed on God's mission. If he told you something that he didn't share with the rest of America, then I shall stand corrected. ;)

Of course, but a person's public opinions are often different from their private ones. Just an opinion.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
i think he does what is needed to appease his supporters..if all turned gay over-night...Bush be wearing a ballerina outfit and kisisng Rove on the lips instead of his azz like he usually does

DOnt forget he would wrap himself around the Rainbow flag :lol::lol::lol::lol: