frontgear

Need help! Questions about DS-3025 for K1 Visa

17 posts in this topic

My fiancee went to her medical exam yesterday and turned in the Vaccination Record (yellow paper) from the Quarantine Service place. She had gone to the Quarantine place the day before to get her vaccinations and they gave her this yellow paper to take to the medical exam. When she was at IOM (we had originally scheduled her medical exam at Cho Ray, but that's another messy story), she kept asking the doctor for a copy of the DS-3025 (Vaccination Documentation) but was told that she would get a sealed envelope to turn in at the interview. The doctor also told her that they would give her back the yellow paper (from the Quarantine) so she could go back and get any missing vaccines done.

My questions are:

1. Is it possible to ask for a copy of DS-3025 besides the one that they will include in the sealed package?

2. If you cannot get a copy of the DS-3025 (to submit with the AOS application), can you still take the yellow paper from the Quarantine to the US and have it transcribed by a Civil Surgeon in order to file it with the AOS?

3. Is it possible to get a photocopy of the DS-3025 at POE, when you turn in the sealed package to an ICE agent?

Thank you in advance for any advice and answers that you could offer us. We're basically very confused with this whole DS-3025 thingy and the more we try to find out about it, the more confused we are.

Here's the story about Cho Ray. My fiancee had scheduled an appt at Cho Ray for her medical exam. Her appt was at 7:00 AM. She showed up at 07:00 AM and there were literally hundreds of people already in line. She waited for 2 hrs for her turn, and when her turn came, they told her that they would only do medical exams for students (studying abroad). She told them that she was there for a K-1 med exam and they said the doctor was out (???). She immediately called me and I called IOM trying to get in her. Lucky for us, they had 2 people cancelled their appts so they were able to squeeze us in right away. She got in a taxi and rushed to IOM. The lady who took the appt at IOM told me that my fiancee would have had arrived at IOM no later than 09:30 in order to be exam'ed, or she would have to come back the following week (8/26). It was 09:15 AM when I hung up the phone with the lady at IOM. The taxi driver made it to IOM from Cho Ray in less than 15 mins! She walked in the door at exactly 09:30 and there were about 20 people waiting to see the doc. So what's the deal with having to be there no later than 09:30 AM ???

Well, to make the story more interesting, while she was on her way to IOM, a lady from Cho Ray called and asked why my fiancee had not shown up for her 07:00 AM appointment. This lady was the person whom my fiancee called a couple of weeks ago to make the appt. My fiancee was like, WTH? And when this lady found out that my fiancee was a K-1 visa, she said, "You should have told me that yours was a K-1 when you called to make the appointment!". Seriously???

Edited by frontgear

I am not so sure where my wife got a copy DS 3025 from. They will give her a yellow immunization record back.

1) I don't know.

2) Yes.

3) She can ask the officer to make her a copy. The worst case is that he/she will say No.

Your fiancé can ask the CO to make a copy of DS 3025 after she passes interview and I am sure they understand why she needs it. I am not sure they will do it for her though.

I will ask my wife to see whether she remembers where she got DS 3025 from.

Edited by Anonymous885

New Journey AOS:

My fiancee came to US on the 8th of March, 2014 under K-1 visa at Newark, NJ Airport for POE.

Applied Social Security Number on the 10 of March, 2014.

Married on the 13th of March, 2014.

Sent I-485, I-765, and I-131 on the 15th of March, 2014.

Received EAD on June 7, 2014.

Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver on July 1, 2014 date 6/27

Contacted Ombudsman on 01/12/2015.

Ombudsman contacted USCIS on 02/20/2015.

Ombudsman sent a follow up to USCIS on 03/18/2015.

I-485 approved on 03/31/2015 ( we ordered your card).

Welcome notice was mailed on 04/01/2015.

Received Welcome Notice on 04/08/2015.

Card was mailed to me/picked up by USPS on 04/08/2015.

Received GC on 4/10/2015.

Prediction 04/08/2015

Thanks again, Anonymous!

She's going back to IOM to try to get her sealed medical exam package today. They told her they weren't sure if it would be ready today (Friday), said it would definitely be ready by Monday but since she lives far away and has already bought the returning ticket the day after tomorrow, she's gonna try beggin'. I told her to remind them of the DS-3025 and if they refuse to give her one, just let it go and we will find a CS to transcribe it.

I found a few Civil Surgeons within 10-15 mile radius where I live so if we can't get a copy of the DS-3025, we will just have to have a CS transcribe her vaccination record onto form I-693, and file it with her AOS.

No dice. They would not let my fiancee pick up her medical exam package until Monday. At least at Cho Ray, they will mail the package to you using the postal courier. My fiancee told me the doctor who saw her was very uncompassionate. When she told her that she would have to take another flight to HCMC to pick up the medical exam package, the doc responded, "That's your problem, not mine."

The doctor also had no clue what a DS-3025 form is.

Anyhow, my fiancee is flying back 2 weeks from today to pick up the package.

Note to other filers who are thinking about having your SO's medical exam done at IOM. Don't. Go to Cho Ray.

Edited by frontgear

This is odd because my wife got her medical exam results on the same day before 4pm at IMO.

I asked my wife about DS-3025 but she could not remember where she got it from.

The name of DS-3025 is Vaccination Documentation Worksheet. The DS-3025 is little word in the bottom left and it is hard to see.

Did your fiancee get the yellow paper ( Immunization Record ) back?

New Journey AOS:

My fiancee came to US on the 8th of March, 2014 under K-1 visa at Newark, NJ Airport for POE.

Prediction 04/08/2015

My fiancee had her exam on 8/20. Today is 2 days after the exam and they told her it would be ready on Monday and she could pick it up anytime after Monday.

I had my fiancee print out the DS-3025 form below to show it to the doc. I also explain to her what it says at the bottom "Give copy to Applicant". The doc probably got offended because someone was calling her out.

eAbtnsxS.png

The doc told her she would get the Immunization Record back when she picks up the med exam package.

Edited by frontgear

This is odd because my wife got her medical exam results on the same day before 4pm at IMO.

A question, if I may. I am a little bit confused.

Did your wife have her medical exam in the morning and pick up the results within the same day, or did she have it a couple of days before, then come back to turn in her vaccination record, and pick up the results in the afternoon?

If she did have her med exam in the morning, how could they turn around and get the results to her that fast?

My wife had an appointment for medical exam in the morning and she finished around 11am. We then went to get the vaccines but the office was at lunch break. My wife got vaccinated around 1-2pm and then we brought it to IMO around 2:30 pm or so. We picked her medical package at 3:50 pm before they close.

New Journey AOS:

Prediction 04/08/2015

Thank you, Anonymous.

We were just lucky, I guess. (** still looking for a sarcastic smilie **)

Edited by frontgear

• 9 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi,

I have the same concerns regarding the DS-3025. I can't find this form; only the yellow immunization record. Is it acceptable to bring only this yellow form to a civil surgeon to transcribe the I-693 form? Did this work for you frontgear?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have the same concerns regarding the DS-3025. I can't find this form; only the yellow immunization record. Is it acceptable to bring only this yellow form to a civil surgeon to transcribe the I-693 form? Did this work for you frontgear?

Thanks in advance.

The panel physician did include a copy of the DS-3025 with my wife's medical exam package. I did not know this until 2 days before my wife's interview (I accompanied her to the interview and we went through her paperwork).

For AOS, we took both copies (the Yellow sheet and DS-3025) to the civil surgeon and had them transcribed to the I-693. I was not sure if whether or not we needed the I-693 for AOS but for $35 I said what the heck. It's only money, right? :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The panel physician did include a copy of the DS-3025 with my wife's medical exam package. I did not know this until 2 days before my wife's interview (I accompanied her to the interview and we went through her paperwork).

For AOS, we took both copies (the Yellow sheet and DS-3025) to the civil surgeon and had them transcribed to the I-693. I was not sure if whether or not we needed the I-693 for AOS but for $35 I said what the heck. It's only money, right? :)

Thanks for the info, frontgear. $35 is a great deal. I wish I had paid more attention to the DS-3025. Here's hoping the yellow sheet will suffice for the CS!

• 5 months later...

Frontgear, did you have any other documentatoin aside from the vax? Did you get CD w/ xray? Anything regarding the general medical exam? All I have is a CD and an invoice and trying to get AOS ready for submission. (I need to see a CS here for vax)

My fiancee had her exam on 8/20. Today is 2 days after the exam and they told her it would be ready on Monday and she could pick it up anytime after Monday.

I had my fiancee print out the DS-3025 form below to show it to the doc. I also explain to her what it says at the bottom "Give copy to Applicant". The doc probably got offended because someone was calling her out.

eAbtnsxS.png

The doc told her she would get the Immunization Record back when she picks up the med exam package.

Frontgear, did you have any other documentatoin aside from the vax? Did you get CD w/ xray? Anything regarding the general medical exam? All I have is a CD and an invoice and trying to get AOS ready for submission. (I need to see a CS here for vax)

We got a copy of the DS-3250, an X-ray CD like yours, and the original Yellow vaccination record (from the Quarantine Svc).

Edited by frontgear

• 7 months later...

Hi Frontgear,

We just file AOS packet. For vaccination, I just provided a copy of yellow sheet. I'm worry I will get a RFE for DS-3025 because I dont have one yet

N400 (Open window 1/24/2020)

03/03/2020: online submitted N400 application

ROC I-751 (Open window 1/24/2019)

03/11/19: I751 sent to Phoenix, AZ.

03/12/19: Package delivered and signed for

03/19/19: The check was cashed. Text message was received couple hours later (#LIN)

03/22/19: Received NOA/18 months extended letter for GC

9/14/19: Biometrics letter received in the mailbox. Appointment is on Sep 25,2019

1/24/2020:  "New card is being produced"

AOS for K1

07/07/16: I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application sent to USCIS Chicago IL.

07/08/16: Package delivered

7/12/16: Electronic texts & email receiveds

7/15/16: 3 Hardcopy NOA1s received in the mailbox with dated July 11,2016

7/23/16: Biometrics letter received in the mailbox. Appointment is on Aug 4,2016

8/4/16: BIO is done at Denver USCIS support center

8/17/16: I485 changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" When????

9/12/16: EAD/AP status changed to New card is being produced ---> then EAD/AP approved same day

9/16/16: EAD/AP Hard copy approval notices received. Card was mailed to me

9/23/16: EAD/AP combo card received

Aos interview 4/24/2017 --> approved on the spot. GC expire 4/24/2019

K-1 Journey:

1/18/16: I-129F Package sent via FedEx to Lewisville, TX

1/20/16: I-129F Package delivered

1/21/16: Electronic text & email received

1/22/16: NOA1 notice date (routed to CSC)

1/29/16: Hardcopy NOA1 received in the mailbox.

3/18/16: NOA2 received via text and email :dancing: :dancing:

4/6/16: NVC received

6/2/16: Interview day -->> Approved

6/12/16: Entered USA (POE Dallas/Texas)

6/14/16: Obtained marriage license at local COS office. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.