Inquisitor

Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, Dependents

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am gathering everything I need for my affidavit of support. I am in a buffer job for 6 months and will be very close on the 125% of the poverty level for essentially a year for my fiance and her two children. My fiance and I have been approved for the NOA2 and are moving forward. Her family is prepared to take care of her children until we are established. Do I need to remove them from the I-129F or can she still be approved for her visa with them also on the I-129F, even though she will be the only one coming over for a year until we are completely set financially? My past year of finances are more than enough for Her and one child but two will be cutting it very close. How should I proceed with this as leaving them for too long is not an option and want to make that transition as easy as possible, but we also dont want to jeopardize her being able to initially come herself. Thank you all for your information in this matter!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wish I knew the answer >< Looks like this topic has many views, but no answers. I have had the same concern for my fiance' and our plan is the same. She will come over first and next year we plan to bring her children on K-2. Lucky for me my father will co-sponser as well if need be (and if they accept that). If feels like one could mess up doing the paper work either way. ><

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You still have to list children that will be following to join where it asks on the I-134 >

'Name of spouse and children accompanying or following to join person:'

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

I wish I knew the answer >< Looks like this topic has many views, but no answers. I have had the same concern for my fiance' and our plan is the same. She will come over first and next year we plan to bring her children on K-2. Lucky for me my father will co-sponser as well if need be (and if they accept that). If feels like one could mess up doing the paper work either way. ><

I apologize for my question but are you like below the poverty line? Are you going to do co-sponsor?

Filed: Timeline

Everyone, thank you for your advice. The children are on the I129F and Ill make sure they are on the Affidavit as well. A friend of hers told her today that it could take up to 5 years to get them over? Is that just gossip or is that something we should be worried about, I dont want her to be afraid and there are a lot of views on this, maybe someone knows off hand the k2/3 timeline?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

Everyone, thank you for your advice. The children are on the I129F and Ill make sure they are on the Affidavit as well. A friend of hers told her today that it could take up to 5 years to get them over? Is that just gossip or is that something we should be worried about, I dont want her to be afraid and there are a lot of views on this, maybe someone knows off hand the k2/3 timeline?

K2 do not take 5 years and for the I-134 get a co-sponsor cause the kids are listed on the K-129

I-129F sent:06/06/2014

Package Accepted:06/09/2014

NOA1(EMail & Text):06/12/2014

Hardcopy Received(Mail):06/14/2014

Service Request Submitted:10/30/2014

Alien Registration number changed:11/04/2014

NOA2(Email&Text):12/29/2014

NOA2(Hardcopy Received):12/26/2014

NVC Arrived:1/06/2015

NVC Left:1/21/2015

Sent to the Embassy:1/22/2015

Embassy Received:1/26/2015

Medical Date:01/30/2015

Interview Date :02/18/2015

Visa in Hand:3/11/2015

Marriage Date :04/06/215

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I apologize for my question but are you like below the poverty line? Are you going to do co-sponsor?

Tricky answer >< She has two children and I listed them both on the 129F and the DS-160, but before I submitted the I-134 she decided to let her oldest brother and his wife raise one of her children in the Philippines so I only included one child on that form.

According to my tax's last year I am at 125% for a family of 3

According to the amount I made over the past 12 months I believe they may conclude I'm a little short for a family of 2

(I'm assuming they are looking at gross pay instead of net, but I'm really uncertain)

My bank wouldn't supply me with a letter stating how much in deposits I've had over the past year since I no longer live near a branch office I could walk in. The only thing I could provide was bank statements that I printed out. I had to leave my job at the time to go to the Philippines which cost me 11 weeks of pay; 3 weeks there and it took about two months to find work again >< I also had a gap in employment last fall for a month. :( So if they go by that I need a sponser.

If they go by my current job pay stubs I'm back to 125% for a family of 3.

I included my fathers 1-134 along with mine. If they allow that then there would be no issue at all whether it was one or two children.

What is a bit frustrating for me is my fiance' is the only one applying now; so I'm thinking as long as I can cover us two then her coming here should be fine. Bringing one or two kids over later is a separate issue on a K-2 and if I don't have the money then they would just have to stay there until I do, but the USEM may not look at things that way. They may treat it as a all or nothing now. If so I don't like that :P because we are accepting that we may not be able to bring her one child over for awhile although we'd like to next year.

(Sorry; I didn't mean to hi-jacks some one else's thread)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

5 years? A K-2 must follow to join within a year.

"Separate petitions are not required if the children accompany or follow to join you within one year from the date of issuance of your K-1 visa. If they want to travel later than one year from the date your K-1 visa was issued, they will not be eligible to receive K-2 visas, and separate immigrant visa petitions will be required."

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/types/family/fiance-k-1.html#16

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.